Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

PISTOL Question

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old November 24th, 2020, 07:15   #1
Dad&son

PISTOL Question

Hi everyone, new here as this is my first post. Looking for some input. I'm looking to get my son his first pistol, we are both new to airsoft. I've done numerous reviews and just get more confused. He loves the 1911 look, so I have in mind
KWA 1911 MK4
Elite Force 1911 TAC
G&G GPM92
Tokyo Marui HiCapa 5.1 ( not sure about parts in Canada though )

Thanks
Dad&son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2020, 08:48   #2
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Frankly, except the Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, those are all poor choices. The KWA 1911 is a meh performer, not a bad gun, but you can do better. The Elite Force 1911 will break quite quickly, although parts are not as hard to get nowadays as they used to be, its still possible that you and up with a nice paperweight rather quickly. The G&G GPM92 is a gamble, its rather new, not a lot of information is available on them, so who knows how it will last...

That leaves the Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa. This gun is great, all around, its a great shooter, parts are VERY VERY easy to get, often quite cheap, and with its double stack mags, it holds a lot of gas. The Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa is THE platform of choice for competition shooters. The only drawback is that its plastic slide has no reinforcement for the slide catch, and it will eat through it in time (unless you get the Hi-Capa 5.1 DOR or the Gold Match, those have the reinforcement and the slide catch will last forever), so eventually, you either have to live with the slide not locking back when the mag is empty, or its time to replace it with a metal slide.

That said, the plastic slide performs incredibly well, even in cold conditions. It's lightweight, so the gun cycles really fast. I would recommend using the plastic slide until something goes wrong, and then changing the slide at that time. Some people have had slot for the slide catch on the plastic slide last for years, way back when I had mine, I just filed the slot a few times to keep it working, think I used that plastic slide for 4 years, so its really a small negative, but its there, and its good to know about it.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2020, 17:04   #3
Dad&son

Thanks I appreciate the info
Dad&son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2020, 20:10   #4
venture

The KWC 1911's are quite robust.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2020, 21:20   #5
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Not my experience, I keep seeing people with broken ones, or they just don't work well at all.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2020, 23:38   #6
Awesome Lucas10

Thanks

Thanks for all the helpful info guys
Awesome Lucas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2020, 23:39   #7
crimbcebar

If I were in your place, I would go for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa
crimbcebar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2020, 11:28   #8
FKemp

I was very satisfied with my Hi-Capa, which is a shared opinion. Even if something goes wrong it's easy and cheap to repair.
FKemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2020, 05:33   #9
Zfurlong

for co2, in order to hold up in cold weather and to avoid having to have the mag cooldown, i would second the kwc 1911. i have had mine as a workhorse for going on 5 years now, never had issues (other than having to replace a single oring on the mag), she is stock, reliable, mags are compatible with elite force (including the extended mag). i have had we, tm, aps, and ef pistols. all but have had issues. i have a kwc cZ 75 that has been running strong since roughly 2012/2013. again, all stock. i have never had any issues with any kwc gun i have ever owned (2 uZi's, 1911, 2 sig226's, cZ75, and now the newer model 17/glock17). all are stock (one uZi has a custom machined threaded outer barrel for an amplifier, and real steel ambi charging handle). every person with a kwc that has issues that i have seen have all stemmed from constant dry-firing, not lubricating orings, user error, and un-needed excessive disassembly. any further questions, feel free to pm me
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion