Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

M4 - SRC, G&G, ICS or Other???

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 2nd, 2011, 23:41   #1
Flawless

M4 - SRC, G&G, ICS or Other???

I'm looking to get an M4. I'm not sure what brand is better for reliability, replacing part, good internals, etc...

I was looking at SRC III generation and I thought they would be better than G&G, but I heard today from a worker at an airsoft surplus that they are going to stop carrying SRC because people have been coming back to him with problems. But I've read some bad things about G&G. So I'm not sure at all.

I've also looked at ICS but I'm not sure on that brand either.

You your options. What brand would you go for.
SRC
G&G
ICS
Other

Thanks for the help, guys

Jeff

Last edited by Flawless; January 2nd, 2011 at 23:42.. Reason: for got signature
Flawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2011, 10:39   #2
5kull

I would chose ICS followed by Classic Army.

If your on a budget, I would buy an M4 by ICS, it s affordable, looks good and is very reliable, fires 365 fps out of the box. Later on, you can upgrade it by buying a 100$ part that lets you change fps back and forth in a few minutes. Its easy to change the spring to 350 fps if you play cqb. Runs all day on a 9.6v battery and comes with a charger. Compatible with almost every brand of magazine.

Only down side with an ICS is that you cant change the gearbox for another brand, you have to stick with ICS.

Good luck
5kull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2011, 12:54   #3
bareass

i have an SRC, and i'm pretty happy with it so far. if a plastic lower reciever doesn't bother you, it feels really sturdy. i'll let you know in a bit how easy it is to upgrade, I'll be changing the hopup rubber, adding a sorbo, changing the piston, and inner barrel and air nozzle.

the air nozzle leaks a bit, but the piston head/cylinder head is perfectly air tight. i've heard the piston, and the gear shafts/bearings are poor, but i haven't had a problem with them. also the cylinder in all of them are full seal, which people say is bad for the gear box, again, have't had a problem.

i have not used the stock spring. ROF is OK.
bareass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2011, 19:15   #4
Enjoi

ICS.

I bought one brand new and the guy said it shot 310-320...when I chronied it....385 FPS Max with about 365 AVG.

ICS Is a good brand from what I personally have experienced and talking to some members here, they agree.

Paid 335 BNIB for mine.

Only Downfall for mine (since i was noobish and didnt know anything) was that it had a smoked plastic lower reciever and its a pain in the ass to get a metal one. but... Thats more cosmetic anyways and the material is good.
Goodluck!

Last edited by Enjoi; January 3rd, 2011 at 19:17.. Reason: forgot to add info
Enjoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2011, 20:12   #5
Flawless

Okay. Cool. Thanks guys! I'm think I'll go for an ICS or a G&G. I talked to a few more people.

Has anyone else had any problems with G&G?
Old January 3rd, 2011, 20:24   #6
HKGhost

get age verified and buy a G&P from the classified. It cost just a bit more but the quality is way better. Each of the brands listed has their own problems out of the box. From my experience; G&G has compression issues. ICS has a crappy motor and a weak ARL spring. SRC has some compatibility issue that are so small that it takes forever to find the problem to fix it.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2011, 21:15   #7
brixx

ICS is a very good starter M4. I own two of them it is great split mechbox easy to
Change your FPS very reliable it's almost the same of that systema m4. You could isolate the problem easily because of the split mechanism,it is really good just buy on a good dealer so if theres any problem you can deal with it right a way.
brixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 08:34   #8
moz_boz
hates all f'n Americans

I have run a G&G M4 for a season, no issues at all. I don't know if I am very lucky or not. It also seems to have a high rate-of-fire then my buddies ICS on LiPo. The only upgrade I have done is a longer barrel inside a silencer.

I can send some pics if you want.
Old January 4th, 2011, 16:30   #9
Flawless

Nice. Thanks for the tips guys.

@HKGhost - I am planning on getting age verified when I go to a game in the spring time. The age verifier I talked to showed me some retailers in my area. I just want an m4 so badly it's hard to wait to get age verified. G&P hey. This is so hard to choose the right brand... I never thought it would be so hard.

@Brixx - yeah I do love how easy it is to get to the mechbox with the ICS.

@Moz_bo - That's good to hear. I think it's a toss up between ICS and G&G. Actually I'd love to see some pics.

What about APS. I know a guy selling a full metal APS M4. Are those okay? Or worse than G&G and ICS?
Old January 4th, 2011, 16:41   #10
HKGhost

If you can't wait, I'll take ICS over G&G. Easy to work on, changing FPS is a breeze and most of the internals are pretty good for the money. Just keep an eye on the motor and the anti reversal latch. If you notices your gears spinning backwards after a shot, the ARL spring needs to be bent so there is more tension.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 22:33   #11
AS92-RD

The problem with ICS is that you'll have to deal with the exclusive retailer who sells them if you're not age verified. I haven't heard much good about their service.
AS92-RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 22:49   #12
QKLee11

I have KWA's and have quite happy with both of them...they come LIPO ready, 2 and half years and still running strong
QKLee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 22:55   #13
SuperCriollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AS92-RD View Post
The problem with ICS is that you'll have to deal with the exclusive retailer who sells them if you're not age verified. I haven't heard much good about their service.
Exactly. you can get them much cheaper in the av retailer section, in which you can find brand new ICS M4 quite easily.

SuperCriollo

Last edited by SuperCriollo; January 4th, 2011 at 22:59..
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2011, 05:17   #14
Flawless

Thanks for the help guys. I picked up a full metal m4. It's by D BOYS and it has been modded a bit. I hope it holds up for a while. I love the thing so far.
Old January 7th, 2011, 09:46   #15
bongskie

i bought a SRC (SRC M4 Micro SD Gen III Pro (Full Metal)) just because i dont have that brand, hahaha! and im kinda shock its really nice...

LAWIN UNIT

KIDS ARGUING!
I hate you! I wont play with you again!
So they played apart. After few minutes they played again and shared toys.
WHY?
Because for kids HAPPINESS is more important than PRIDE!

STOP SUGGESTING WE KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!
bongskie is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank