Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Current Canadian Military Uniform (ACU/BDU)

:

Gear Discussion

Old April 10th, 2013, 16:46   #1
Uberg33k

Current Canadian Military Uniform (ACU/BDU)

Hey guys. I'm not in the service now but I was in 1994-1998 and back then we used those nasty Olive drab fatigues, today they wear the much cooler looking techy versions. Here's my question;

Back then we wore our rank on both Epaulets etc, I've noticed that's changed now and rank only seems to be visible in the middle above the unit flash. Can someone please post information regarding what they do show and what they don't as well as exact placement? The only friend I keep in touch with since those days past is out of country so I figured I'd ask you guys.

Thanks all.
Uberg33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 16:48   #2
Danke

Looks pretty much the same as the parka from your era.
Old April 10th, 2013, 16:52   #3
Gotrice23

They show rank and the unit in the little rectangle underneath it can say CANADA or your unit. Abbreviated forms I've seen that I can name off the top of my head include INT, RCR, PPCLI, ENG, MP, GENIE, 22eR.

They're going to have a new epaulet for the new uniform... Instead of a slip-on, it will be a velcro instead.
Gotrice23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 16:54   #4
Uberg33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Looks pretty much the same as the parka from your era.
Really? I noticed in most pics that the only thing on the shoulder is the small coloured Canadian flag??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotrice23 View Post
They show rank and the unit in the little rectangle underneath it can say CANADA or your unit. Abbreviated forms I've seen that I can name off the top of my head include INT, RCR, PPCLI, ENG, MP, GENIE, 22eR.

They're going to have a new epaulet for the new uniform... Instead of a slip-on, it will be a velcro instead.
Yup, I've seen CSOR recently too.
Old April 10th, 2013, 16:54   #5
TheAngrySniper
Prolapsed Rectum

Send a message via MSN to TheAngrySniper Send a message via Skype™ to TheAngrySniper
From what I know, Epaulets have not changed at all. We still use the same style as we did with the old OD double shoulders.

EDIT: For now, the only thing on our shoulders is the tiny flag. With the new ACU cut uniforms, we get two massive ones and possibly unit ID on one side of your arms.

TheAngrySniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 17:02   #6
TheAngrySniper
Prolapsed Rectum

Send a message via MSN to TheAngrySniper Send a message via Skype™ to TheAngrySniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skeletor- View Post
LGen Devlin and the Army RSM were seen in recent photos wearing the new uniform, and only one large flag was worn(left arm). At this time there are no unit patches, nor have I seen any mention of them in the future on the power points going around on the ECU.
This is why I said possible, when we were briefed on the new uniforms we were told we may or may not get unit specific shoulder patches. I have no source for this sadly, as it was word of mouth.

TheAngrySniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 17:15   #7
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberg33k View Post
Really? I noticed in most pics that the only thing on the shoulder is the small coloured Canadian flag?
Maybe you didn't get issued the Parka I'm thinking of.

you had the green flags on each shoulder (only time you'd see coloured flags was for peace keeping as it was called then and you'd have to switch back upon return) and your slip on with rank and unit were on a single epaulet at the front of of the coat. Said to be since if you had your pack on no one could see your rank.

Now for god's sakes don't try to apply any logic to this because of course the only time you wore a pack was in the field and there was no saluting there.

Maybe it was the combo of a ski mask throwing people off and resulting in the troops speaking plainly to the senior ranks.
Old April 10th, 2013, 17:17   #8
Uberg33k

Quote:
What do you mean what they show and don't?

The slip on will either say CANADA, or branch(RCHA, SIGNALS, LOG, etc) or a Regiment(PPCLI, RCR, etc). Plus your rank. The new uniforms(starting to be issued now) no longer have slip ons, instead it is a velcro patch now.

Google, etc will bring up lots of photos of CF pers.

The Officer Cadet on the left has the current uniform, and the Army RSM on the right has the new uniform.
http://everitas.rmcclub.ca/wp-conten...IMGP5776-1.jpg

And another photo
http://everitas.rmcclub.ca/wp-conten...adian-Army.jpg

LGen Devlin and the Army RSM were seen in recent photos wearing the new uniform, and only one large flag was worn(left arm). At this time there are no unit patches, nor have I seen any mention of them in the future on the power points going around on the ECU.
I just meant what have they omitted if anything since my time.
Old April 10th, 2013, 17:27   #9
ecnerual

On the base of the regiment of the "voltigeurs de québec" I have seen a Dude with velcro on his arms.
ecnerual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 17:30   #10
Uberg33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Maybe you didn't get issued the Parka I'm thinking of.

you had the green flags on each shoulder (only time you'd see coloured flags was for peace keeping as it was called then and you'd have to switch back upon return) and your slip on with rank and unit were on a single epaulet at the front of of the coat. Said to be since if you had your pack on no one could see your rank.

Now for god's sakes don't try to apply any logic to this because of course the only time you wore a pack was in the field and there was no saluting there.

Maybe it was the combo of a ski mask throwing people off and resulting in the troops speaking plainly to the senior ranks.
We also had no colour to our uniform. It was strictly olive drab across the board. Think Vietnam era, similar to that.
Old April 10th, 2013, 17:36   #11
Uberg33k

Quote:
The transitional uniforms have pockets with velcro on both sleeves - the transitional combats are just he regular combat shirt everyone has, just with the addition on pockets on the arms with velcro(like the rain jacket)

The ECUs also have pockets with velcro on both sleeves
Wow the more I learn about the new stuff the more I realize how shitty ours was. lol
Old April 10th, 2013, 18:06   #12
Uberg33k

Another thing I noticed is the two crossed swords before the name, is that used to designate the base CWO still?
Old April 10th, 2013, 18:08   #13
Gotrice23

Quote:
Another thing I noticed is the two crossed swords before the name, is that used to designate the base CWO still?
No, that means he's army. Navy have an anchor, air force has a bird, etc.
Gotrice23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 18:15   #14
Danke

Quote:
We also had no colour to our uniform. It was strictly olive drab across the board. Think Vietnam era, similar to that.
Kind of like this colour?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Dundurn.bmp (1.56 MB, 42 views)
Old April 10th, 2013, 18:16   #15
Uberg33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotrice23 View Post
No, that means he's army. Navy have an anchor, air force has a bird, etc.
Okay that's what I thought. We use to have a patch that CWO's wore that had the two swords crossed. I was thinking to myself; geez there's a lot of chiefs and not a hell of a lot of braves! lol

Last edited by Uberg33k; April 10th, 2013 at 18:21..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion