Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Can't decide on sight. (Opinions wanted)

:

Accessories Discussion

Old December 31st, 2013, 05:24   #1
SebellBlue

Can't decide on sight. (Opinions wanted)

So on boxing day i picked up a G&G Sig 553 and i can't decide what kind of sight i want to put on it. 1. its going to be an outdoor gun 2. It may need to work with a magnifier (Yeah I do need some help spotting targets at a distance in the woods).

Currently i use a 4x scope on my m16 but need a riser so i can get cheek weld. Thinking of switching to a lower profile goggle so i don't need the riser.

For this gun I'm looking for something different. I was looking at maybe an aimpoint T1 or M2. Neither of those are magnified of course but then again as this coming to my second year of airsoft i haven't tried much more then my scope in a game vs using just a RDS.

Feel free to drop suggestions and opinions.
SebellBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 09:52   #2
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
unless you have not great vision and need a scope to see far targets, I think a magnified scope is not really much use for airsoft, with max range of BBs being far shorter than your vision, generally you can make out any target with naked eye, and if you cant see it without a scope, you probably can't hit it anyways, red dots are nice for fast target acquisition in CQB, but iron sights are nice.... the sigs got nice sights, but if you did want a scope, I'd go with a basic aimpont, I've tried a T1 micro and I honestly dont see the point of a supposed cqb scope so small that the scope blocks all your peripheral vision around the target (the casing is very thick relative to the size of the lens) and only gives you a tiny little tube of vision

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.

Last edited by Thenooblord; December 31st, 2013 at 09:55..
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 11:36   #3
docholiday
docholidayy

^you shoot a T1 micro with both eyes open... which should eliminate the problem you have.
docholiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 11:54   #4
Scouser

and you also mount the t1 about as far forward as you can
Old December 31st, 2013, 12:08   #5
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

You do want something with great eye relief, especially in airsoft. You should be shooting with both eyes open though. Try a variable zoom scope, if you're dead set on magnification. You can get one that'll dial from 2x to 9x, and then you'll be covered for whatever. The other option is a flip to the side magnifier, paired with a red dot, halo, or eotech style sight. Do you play indoors? Then avoid magnification. Outdoors, magnification can be handy to spot targets, and help distance accuracy. However, BBs can be heavily affected by a breeze or whatever, having an open red dot sight, can also help you follow your BB flight. BBs can be hard to see through magnification.
Old December 31st, 2013, 19:16   #6
Thenooblord

Quote:
Originally Posted by docholiday View Post
^you shoot a T1 micro with both eyes open... which should eliminate the problem you have.
yes but why use the T1 with its bulky tube, when you can get a red dot with a larger lense and little 1mm thick borders that dont interfere at all with your perhipheral vision?I supposed this is a problem I just have specifically with the Micro aimpoints, they always seemed pointless to me, unless you're limited to one inch of rail space, where its small size may help...

Words to live by
Quote:
Old December 31st, 2013, 19:58   #7
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
Trijicon SRS.

'Nuff said.
Old January 1st, 2014, 01:10   #8
Thenooblord

looked it up, indeed, same lense size as other reddots but far less obtrusive than a full size aimpoint... I may have to put one of those on my shopping list... thanks

Words to live by
Quote:
Old January 1st, 2014, 12:12   #9
SebellBlue

The srs, seems interesting but does the kill flash really that noticeable when looking through? looked pretty bad on the vids i saw.
SebellBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 01:29   #10
Magnaroth

The T1 style sights are fantastic for size and weight. The EoTechs are fantastic for speed of acquisition and recital. If you're shooting properly with two eyes open.

The T1's dot should align with your target easily, and accurately, however; you will need to have practiced your cheek-weld for "oh shit" scenarios. I like the T1 style 'cause it's more sleek, and less obtrusive than the EoTechs or SRSs.

Honestly, the best thing you could probably do is try out the different optics if you can borrow your friend's. Gage what kind of combat you'll be doing more frequently, CQB, Mid, or long, and load out accordingly.

I do have to admire the FTS EoTech Magnifiers though. They're pretty fantastic for switching between CQB and 3x magnified.

One thing I can say about optics is this; You get what you pay for. There is a colossal difference between realsteel optics (especially magnifiers) VS. Airsoft replicas.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 16:05   #11
Sky Manatee

I currently have three different sights on my guns, an Aimpoint M2, NCstar Panoramic style rds, and a 4x- 9x scope. I would say that you should go with the Aimpoint or panoramic style sights. No scopes, or even magnification really. I play only outdoors in woodland and fields and I think that the panoramic is my favorite sight because of the field of view, plus I personally dont think the magnification helps. Hope this helps.
Sky Manatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 02:23   #12
rifleman88
Banned

I used to get my sights from this store:http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Acce...ot_Sights.html. They got a different types of sights from RDS to Trijicon ACOG. I think they also got an Aimpoint with complete scope mount rings.
rifleman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 12:15   #13
Brit ter

+1 with srs you can also pic up a clear polycarbonate screw on lens
Old January 3rd, 2014, 12:25   #14
Brit ter

Srs

This is my srs with lens protector added
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (741.4 KB, 28 views)
Old January 3rd, 2014, 12:36   #15
redneck12

I use both a Dytac T-1 and a Eo-Tech XPS3-2 QD on my WE GBBRS love both sights, I seem to shoot more accurately with the Eo. The T-1 is a nice slim red dot takes up very little rail space and its no wider then your receiver and weights next to nothing so you don't even notice it, where as the Eo is bigger and bulkier but since I shoot better with it the trade off is worth it. Plus it uses CR123's so if the battery goes down then I can steal from my flashlight or spares.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion