Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Command & Control

:

Tactics, Techniques and Procedures

Old October 15th, 2017, 15:32   #1
Rattleyah2

Command & Control

Interested in hearing from command elements for larger games 12+ hours. How do you set up your CP? What are your must have's? Pre-game plannings do you it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1120.JPG (1.60 MB, 47 views)
Rattleyah2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2017, 11:26   #2
Cico

There is usually a 1-3 month planning depending on the event. In addition there may be work up training.

For My CP I am working on crating a more stable any game platform to deploy that is basically a " GO" Box with all the necessities. Think of it as packing for your team more that yourself. As as CO you should be securing any shelter, Power, lighting, maps, comms, for your CP. This may be you buying it or gathering resources that your players have. Just remember if one of the players brought it and they decide to leave then that item will most likely go with them.
A number of camo players just walked around with guns on their backs or hanging down with no kill indicators on them and expected players to know they are dead. I'm assuming most of these players drive BMW's and refuse to use the indicators because they know where they are going.
Cico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2017, 20:37   #3
Rattleyah2

I presently pack the following. -
[ ] Pop up 10x 10 shelter
- [ ] Camo netted Tarps
- [ ] Zip ties
- [ ] Ropes
- [ ] Red lights
- [ ] White lights
- [ ] Large table
- [ ] Plastic table
- [ ] Two chairs
- [ ] Electrical cords
- [ ] Power bar
- [ ] Laptop (pending GPS squad tracking)
- [ ] Binder ( event specific rule set, medic rules, squad list, com channels)
- [ ] Maps
- [ ] Friendly & Tango "CHESS" pieces labelled
- [ ] Generator
- [ ] Fuel
- [ ] Pens
- [ ] Sharpies
- [ ] Paper
- [ ] Large clock
- [ ] Spare radios
- [ ] Radio charger
- [ ] Lipo charger
- [ ] Nicad charger

Additional food, water, first aid kit.
As for planning I'm not finding a willingness from others in leadership (organizers, squad leads, etc) to have those conversation very far in advance of the actual events.
Old October 16th, 2017, 23:44   #4
leth1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattleyah2 View Post
As for planning I'm not finding a willingness from others in leadership (organizers, squad leads, etc) to have those conversation very far in advance of the actual events.
You'll only find this sort of dedication from certain teams or members of the community who are actively trying to contribute to improving the airsoft scene. Whether they host skirmish or milsim events for varying target audiences, host training events for varying target audiences, train themselves and their colleagues to the standard of X card in the deck, or host/attend events geared to the community as a whole and the inviting of new players to try it out, those are the groups you'll find motivated people in.

Individuals or teams who just want a good experience every now and again are the bricks that make up the community whereas the above mentioned are the mortar holding it together and making it stronger, better.
Old October 17th, 2017, 20:31   #5
Rattleyah2

I planned and ran my first OP at Clarington this year. With tremendous support from memeers of. SOG. had about 60 out at the height of the event. Heavy rain washed all but the most dedicated out around the 7-8 hour mark with a few die hards making it to hour 10 of a 12 hour event. Learned a ton especially in regards to in game execution and rolling with the changes. Would like hear about thoughts on the ratio on number of support personnel needed for a event of x numbers of players. Dealing with walk on's if event is not pre-register only. Ways to minimize walk offs (not that I can stop them). As well balancing the game premise (story line) and its potential complexity versus just letting it role out
Old October 18th, 2017, 15:03   #6
Cico

Fantastic.

I always say when taking on a command role that you should be able to pick your team. (Atleast the command elements within the group)

I am running a faction a a large op next year and have already filled all but 2 slots within the entire faction just by going after teams and players aggressively and starting the planning process now.
You need to find those individuals that are like minded and push to create a command cell that is essentially its own team. Then network with other players that are as interested as you and form factions.

As it stands now the 2IC + PLs and I are already working on the mission planning and creating redundancy plans. In addition we are working to create the " Go" box that can be simply picked up and taken to any event ready to go with a list of the required support stuff for it ( Ie not everyone has a 5500watt genny, or the ability to carry in a battery bank)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattleyah2 View Post
I presently pack the following. -
[ ] Pop up 10x 10 shelter
- [ ] Camo netted Tarps
- [ ] Zip ties
- [ ] Ropes
- [ ] Red lights
- [ ] White lights
- [ ] Large table
- [ ] Plastic table
- [ ] Two chairs
- [ ] Electrical cords
- [ ] Power bar
- [ ] Laptop (pending GPS squad tracking)
- [ ] Binder ( event specific rule set, medic rules, squad list, com channels)
- [ ] Maps
- [ ] Friendly & Tango "CHESS" pieces labelled
- [ ] Generator
- [ ] Fuel
- [ ] Pens
- [ ] Sharpies
- [ ] Paper
- [ ] Large clock
- [ ] Spare radios
- [ ] Radio charger
- [ ] Lipo charger
- [ ] Nicad charger

Additional food, water, first aid kit.
A number of camo players just walked around with guns on their backs or hanging down with no kill indicators on them and expected players to know they are dead. I'm assuming most of these players drive BMW's and refuse to use the indicators because they know where they are going.
Cico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 19:21   #7
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

In the past I've had a ton of success just focusing on squad and platoon organization, and radio channels.
Beyond that, all tactics and direction can be figured out on the field.
The first thing thats going to fall apart in a milsim is your game plan, so really there's no point making one.
The most important thing to a successful team is going to be your organization and communication. If squads aren't listening to commands, then you're not gonna get shit done.

At every claybank, we had the green team do months of planning across dozens of threads.
Tan team had 3 threads: the squad roster, the radio channels, and a thread telling everyone not to post anything on the forums.

We went in with 0 plan, perfect squad organization, and all wanting to work together. Game plan was figured out in 5 minutes before the game start once we knew what the objectives were.
Worked every time lol
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures