Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > WW1, WW2
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Ontario: 5. Kompanie/Fallschirm-Jäger Regiment 5 is founded.

:

WW1, WW2

Old March 24th, 2013, 15:21   #1
Karsten Heidt

Ontario: 5. Kompanie/Fallschirm-Jäger Regiment 5 is founded.

Hello all. It's my pleasure to announce the formation of a new unit portraying the German airborne troops of the Second World War.

We are a group of southern Ontario based hobbyists and historians, intent on promoting the WW2 reenacting community with a high standard of authenticity. Our founding documents, including a general overview of the German parachute troops, the history of the real-world unit we depict, and a uniform and equipment accuracy guide, can be seen here:

https://sites.google.com/site/ontariofjr5/

We are serious about realism, but also want to have fun. The unique history, equipment, and ethos of the German Fallschirmtruppe are fascinating and a joy to recreate. We welcome all like-minded people to contact us.

Last edited by Karsten Heidt; June 20th, 2014 at 16:05..
Karsten Heidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2013, 15:32   #2
5kull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsten Heidt View Post
Hello all. It's my pleasure to announce the formation of a new unit portraying the German airborne troops of the Second World War.

We are a group of southern Ontario based hobbyists and historians, intent on promoting the WW2 reenacting community with a high standard of authenticity. Our founding documents, including a general overview of the German parachute troops, history of the real-world unit we depict, and a uniform and equipment accuracy guide, can be seen here:

http://www.ontarioairsoftwwiireenact...hirmJager.html

We are serious about realism, but also want to have fun. The unique history, equipment, and ethos of the German Fallschirmtruppe are fascinating and a joy to recreate. We welcome all like-minded people to contact us.
Welcome Kamaraden
Nice website. Will you be at the interprovinciale game in september?

Take care, 5kull
5kull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2013, 15:33   #3
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Could you tell me the weapon of the guy on the right?(the ak/rpk looking thing)
Also the jackets they are wearing?
Thanks!
Good to see some new german players, seems everyone wants to be from the 101 lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2013, 15:47   #4
Karsten Heidt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
Welcome Kamaraden
Nice website. Will you be at the interprovinciale game in september?
All plans point to us being there in the largest number we can muster. Very much looking forward to a large-scale event in Canada, usually I have to go to the States for that sort of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
Could you tell me the weapon of the guy on the right?(the ak/rpk looking thing)
Also the jackets they are wearing?
The weapon is a Sturmgewehr 44, the first selective fire intermediate cartridge individual weapon, which gave birth to the entire "assault rifle" concept. Quite a revolutionary design. As elite light infantry the Fallschirmjäger compensated for lack of artillery and other heavy weapons with large amounts of small arms firepower.

The jackets are parachute jump smocks, worn over the personal equipment to prevent the shroud lines fouling on exiting the aircraft, and then used as a combat jacket on the ground. From L -> R, #1, 3, and 4 are wearing the most common camouflage pattern, the jagged, geometric Splittertarnmuster 41/"Splinter B" type. The second man has the rarer Sumpftarn/"Tan and Water" variant, characterized by patches of rust red and blurrier edges between the colour groups.

We think the FJ are rad, unique troops and it is a thrilling challenge to portray them. We welcome anyone who has the interest and dedication to help us pursue this goal.
Old March 24th, 2013, 16:04   #5
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Thanks for the info. Its a nice rifle and i see it comes in am airsoft version. Now ima have to build a ww2 kit.
The spending never ends lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2013, 16:09   #6
Karsten Heidt

Be warned, once WW2 gets ahold of you, it never lets go. Something I once dabbled in is now the great passion of my life. Reenactors of the period are fortunate in that WW2 is the most documented conflict in history; there is endless research material for people who care to look. What I've tried to do with the kit guide, unit history, etc on our site is give a complete newcomer a summary of what it was about. If you do decide you'd like to jump in and try this, with our unit or any other, check out http://www.ontarioairsoftwwiireenactors.com/ , it tells you everything you need to know about the organization we're a part of.
Old March 24th, 2013, 16:12   #7
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Excellent!

Really glad you decided to found the unit, looking forward to joint operations!
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2013, 17:38   #8
Karsten Heidt

Yesterday's event with Kampfgruppe Haase at CFB Borden. Good times.

Join Us
Old April 21st, 2013, 18:16   #9
firefox
a.k.a. Firefox_07
représentant officiel de
     WW2Quebec

Very nice kit!!!
Old May 4th, 2013, 13:21   #10
Karsten Heidt

Here's an example of basic kit from a unit member:

2nd pattern step in jump smock, M38 para helmet with chicken wire for the attachment of foliage, belt and y-straps, Stg 44 pouches, Zeltbahn shelter quarter, water bottle, bread bag, mess tin. Postwar Canadian combat boots are a common substitute for FJ boots, the primary difference being the rubber treaded soles. A great basis to build upon.

Join Us
Old May 7th, 2013, 14:58   #11
Karsten Heidt

A detailed breakdown of the state of men and equipment of 3. Fallschirmjäger-Division, of which FJR 5 was a part, before and during the Normandy fighting:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/63933263/3-Fallschirmjager-Division-Normandy"]3 Fallschirmjager Division Normandy

(actual link tries to pull scribd's terribly slow viewer, so just cut and paste this in to your address bar)

The division was extraordinarily strong by 1944 standards, with over 17,000 men. As was typical for FJ units, it was short on vehicles and heavy weapons, but in light infantry armament it was very well off. However, it was inexorably ground up by the fierce fighting and only a handful escaped the Falaise Pocket to form the nucleus of the re-raised division.

Join Us

Last edited by Karsten Heidt; June 20th, 2014 at 16:08..
Old May 7th, 2013, 15:34   #12
Basic-Wedge

This is an amazing theme for your team. If someone around Winnipeg started such a team, I'd get myself a Sturmgewehr or my absolute favorite, the FG-42. Go Luftwaffe!

Last edited by Basic-Wedge; May 7th, 2013 at 15:37..
Basic-Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 15:37   #13
Karsten Heidt

If you wait around for "someone" to do it, it'll never happen. I ran alone for years, but when I actually gauged interest I found there were others who wanted to give it a go also. Nothing stops you from starting something yourself.

Join Us
Old May 7th, 2013, 15:48   #14
Basic-Wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsten Heidt View Post
If you wait around for "someone" to do it, it'll never happen. I ran alone for years, but when I actually gauged interest I found there were others who wanted to give it a go also. Nothing stops you from starting something yourself.
Of course, you're right. I've been involved in the creation of a couple of new teams here, so that is something I can do. I'm committed to my current team, but I'd still like to be a fallschirmjaeger for a day.

Basic-Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 15:50   #15
Karsten Heidt

Well, nothing says you can't have secondary impressions, either. I also do British Airborne. Rarely get a chance to get it out of the trunk, but I'm comforted knowing it's there. In any case, have you considered trying to come to Operation Woodsman in the fall, our big interprovincial event? There's still plenty of time to start working on kit before then.

Join Us
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > WW1, WW2