Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Glock 18c cycle problem

:

Gas Gun Solutions

Old November 1st, 2005, 21:18   #1
TheLair

Glock 18c cycle problem

I took my metal black slide off to polish it silver. It looks pretty cool. And when I went to put it back on and fire it things went wrong. The first bb shot fine but the blowback was very little :banghead: . So little that it didn't chamber the next round. Can someone shine some light on this for me. I have a metal slide and barrel. It is KWA. But the weird thing is that it came with a plastic recoil spring. :?: Since I bought this used I don't know whats going on. I talked to the person I bought it from on the phone and he said it fired fine just before he shipped it. He is still waiting for me to tell him whats going on. HELP
TheLair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2012, 22:10   #2
Epidemic_

Having a similar problem with my glock 17, slide, spring and barrel are upgraded.
Old August 17th, 2012, 01:40   #3
Fuzzy

A stronger hammer spring may help you.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 18:32   #4
mmmken

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLair View Post
I took my metal black slide off to polish it silver. It looks pretty cool. And when I went to put it back on and fire it things went wrong. The first bb shot fine but the blowback was very little :banghead: . So little that it didn't chamber the next round. Can someone shine some light on this for me. I have a metal slide and barrel. It is KWA. But the weird thing is that it came with a plastic recoil spring. :?: Since I bought this used I don't know whats going on. I talked to the person I bought it from on the phone and he said it fired fine just before he shipped it. He is still waiting for me to tell him whats going on. HELP
Did it shoot properly before you took the metal slide off? Does your magazine still have gas in it after the first round (where it stops cycling)? Try filling your magazine with a fresh tank of propane.

Tons of weird things reported by you. The recoil spring (I'm assuming the spring is the one that goes on the "recoil spring guide" that can be easily removed when the slide is taken off) should be metal. AFAIK, there hasn't ever been a plastic spring (unless you meant the guide itself, but even that's rare or non-existent).

Since it's a G18C - you probably had to remove the fire mode selector switch and the internals out of the slide to polish it. Check the two nozzle return springs as they get crushed/mangled pretty easily if you're not familiar with working with the system. That could potentially cause your described problems as well.

Edit: Whoa. Holy gravedigging. 2005? Seriously?

Last edited by mmmken; September 12th, 2012 at 18:34..
mmmken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2012, 15:14   #5
Scrivah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmken View Post
Check the two nozzle return springs as they get crushed/mangled pretty easily if you're not familiar with working with the system. That could potentially cause your described problems as well.

Edit: Whoa. Holy gravedigging. 2005? Seriously?
Ain't that the truth. I mangled mine a bit the first time reinstalling. Very fragile. If you don't have the springs pushed all the way in when reinstalling into the slide you are sure to have issues with them!

It seems as if there isn't enough gas entering the nozzle system. It's the only thing I can think of that wouldn't cycle the gun. The plastic spring you speak of (should be metal along with the guide) is there to return the slide to a forward position. If your slide isn't even cycling to the rear it has nothing to do with that spring or guide even if it is plastic. If it is cycling to the rear and not returning to the forward position I would say it was the spring and guide.
Scrivah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2012, 03:33   #6
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrivah View Post
Ain't that the truth. I mangled mine a bit the first time reinstalling. Very fragile. If you don't have the springs pushed all the way in when reinstalling into the slide you are sure to have issues with them!

It seems as if there isn't enough gas entering the nozzle system. It's the only thing I can think of that wouldn't cycle the gun. The plastic spring you speak of (should be metal along with the guide) is there to return the slide to a forward position. If your slide isn't even cycling to the rear it has nothing to do with that spring or guide even if it is plastic. If it is cycling to the rear and not returning to the forward position I would say it was the spring and guide.
Actually, this isn't completely true.

A stiff recoil spring has a lot to do with the travel of the slide to the rear. If the recoil spring is too stiff, it won't recoil as easily as a stock one would. Thus, when the slide begins the cycle, there will be a lot of resistance when it travels backwards. In many occasions, the strong spring will short stroke the gun.

You'll also reduce the power of the recoil that you feel because the slide won't travel to the rear as fast as on a stock spring.
Old December 12th, 2012, 17:33   #7
Adamlxlx

You bent the slide. Did the exact thing to my kjw glock 32. Easy fix just bend it back. Get a rag to protect the metal, get pliers, put them in the slide, open the pliers with slight force to bend the slide back out again. Done.

EDIT: It may not look bent to the naked eye but even if its .05mm that is still enough to cause the friction you are getting.
Adamlxlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2012, 17:44   #8
FirestormX

Just throwing this out there - I took took an M9 (not a glock) completely apart, and in the process, wiped off all the lube where the slide would make contact with the gun. I tossed it together to test fire it, and there was so much friction that the slide didn't go back far enough, until I greased it back up.

I'm more referring to the the 2005 post, since the OP probably had to wipe off the lube in order to polish it silver, but having no lube can cause cycling problems in some guns.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner > Gas Gun Solutions