Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

A.P.S CAM870 CO2 Powered Shotgun

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 23rd, 2014, 22:58   #46
N_Force

Voila, here is the APS original and Remington trigger. the Remington one needs a bit modify tho.

Now it looks like competition trigger set but not function in feather trigger pull! I'm just too lazy to make it lighter.

Before installed

After installed

Here you go.... Not bad haa....

coming project will be pistol grip or magpul stock.....

Last edited by N_Force; May 23rd, 2014 at 23:12..
N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 10:32   #47
N_Force

How do you like this look? Shorten shell tube and add on an endcap, Cool! 4 shells + 1... Can someone tell me what the end cap is?? This endcap can not be fit by RS one, guess..... No reward tho!!

Am I getting crazy?!?!?

Since waiting for the pistol grip or the stock, if I would have time, I maight want to re-paint the original wood stock and add some graphic on it, I've some patents already, I wish I could............

Last edited by N_Force; May 24th, 2014 at 18:40..
Old May 27th, 2014, 22:58   #48
N_Force

since APS not respond my message regarding pre-order short barrel and shell tube endcap. The RS one not fit in and I have to look around for the best fit and the best look in the after market, here you go, the golden endcap combination!! Non airsoft item, lol!
and also the loading has NO JAM at all after last tune for another 300 rounds, perfectly! something I really like this shotgun is that I keep on pumping it but no need to worry about the worn out cause it is so durable for internal, that's the other version could not even come close so far......

Last edited by N_Force; May 28th, 2014 at 09:08..
Old May 28th, 2014, 10:22   #49
Corinth

N_Force, your contribution to this thread is outstanding. You make the community look damn good, mate. My buddy has a ton of Remington parts lying around for his 870 Tactical so we're going to see what will work with this bad boy. Keep me posted as we are both learning from your sagely work.

Honour and Respect... Pew! Pew!
Corinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 16:57   #50
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by MultipleParadox View Post
However hat I meant was (if it would have been compatible), you could get a RS shotgun and use the airsoft shells and have basically "the same thing"

Where I am getting at is, even if the size differs a bit, the APS is just like a real shotty. If the APS was to be accepted in a game, "why not" a RS one with training shells, kind of.
Because a real one is a firearm, and the APS one is not. Besides the fact that pointing the real one at someone in a game is illegal.....there are a ton of other legal troubles with that.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 10:21   #51
N_Force

thanks for your kind word. It's all about sharing the hobby we like especially this unique bad-boy! most of the internal are done and haven't found anything new, still waiting for the pistol grip coming in next week and now working on add graphic and reprint the stock and forend. Will post it soon.

PS I don't stock RS parts, if you and your friend have the parts that would like to try, show me and let's find out, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinth View Post
N_Force, your contribution to this thread is outstanding. You make the community look damn good, mate. My buddy has a ton of Remington parts lying around for his 870 Tactical so we're going to see what will work with this bad boy. Keep me posted as we are both learning from your sagely work.

Last edited by N_Force; May 29th, 2014 at 10:24..
Old May 29th, 2014, 14:48   #52
Corinth

I'm definitely going to game with this as a secondary once I get the parts needed to convert it for a CQB role. I don't know what the huge fuss is about, honestly, people are willing to spend hundreds on upgrades but God forbid spare shells! That's preposterous!

Who doesn't want a shotgun that can not only sweep a corridor with rounds but also adds the element of badassery by ejecting shells? The shell catcher isn't that big of an eyesore...

But people gripe for the sake of griping.

Honour and Respect... Pew! Pew!
Corinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 16:43   #53
N_Force

My goal is simple, first is reliable , second is durable, last is cool look. I don't spend tones of money to just replace, I believe fine tune and modify will make it better. This bad boy has durable internal and solid housing. The only changes for the look are the gold trigger and shell lifter, those cost $80 only. (I still keeping the original parts for back up). Of couse my quality time to work on the fine tune for every single details and points. Now it's reliable, smooth and with no jam at all, durable with no worry to keep pumping it, looking cool too! Only is damaged the shell endcap for long run, just file it smooth and replace the silicon o-ring. I spent another $30 on tools for hot burn to make graphic on stock to make it more like collections look. For the pistol grip, I would like to order short barrel from APS but they never get back to me. Poor customer service! May be they just don't care, lol!.

How's your CAM870? Is it smooth or any shell jam? May be you are luckier than me and it's working good.

Last edited by N_Force; May 29th, 2014 at 17:39..
Old June 8th, 2014, 00:03   #54
N_Force

Since still waiting for the pistol grip and forend, did some hot burn work on stock and make it more personalize, how so you like it? *Much thanks chaz for all the infos and the help*

Here are some pics but not yet complete done.. enjoy
also thinking to add graphic on bolt too....

Old June 11th, 2014, 16:19   #55
N_Force

take it easy, release and don't be jealous, here you go, the pistol grip and MOE forend.......
but still waiting for the 12" barrel arrived!

Old June 13th, 2014, 21:17   #56
N_Force

that will be the last post here, if I have time, I may post a review of this shotgun soon. Thanks for reading it.

Now it's 99.99% smooth operating with no jam at all. All the hard work pay back and I can enjoy this realistic shorty ejecting the shells in 90 degree to 2' away. Awesome!

New Project, will be TM M870, but I have to save some money.....

APS CAM870 Short version with 14" barrel, MOE forend and pistol grip, RS gold trigger and RS shells lifter.

Old June 13th, 2014, 21:54   #57
Wilkie

Beautiful! I would love to breach some cardbord doors and clear some rooms with that!
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2014, 05:46   #58
ace00002

Anyone try to put real steel's breech bolt and forend Tube assembly?
ace00002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2014, 20:01   #59
N_Force

APS, may not suitable for outdoor game since the engage range is within 50' that I feel like, the bb's spread out nice since no inner barrel and hop up, absolute good for cqb(may load 10-12 6mm or 4 8mm combinations ), collection and practical shooting, it's fun and realistic!

Last edited by N_Force; July 13th, 2014 at 14:12..
Old July 9th, 2014, 20:50   #60
Bigload

I had the chance to 'play around' with the shotguns. Brought a big smile to my face.
Bigload is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion