Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

How to use king arms hop up in ICS m4?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old May 16th, 2010, 18:29   #1
marcwhite

How to use king arms hop up in ICS m4?

Hey guys, my ICS m4 hop up system is broken causing massive air seal problems and my gun to shoot about 15 ft. at 100-200 fps.

I have been through 2 ICS hop up units now and am tired of them. I know there is a way to modify a king arms metal hop up unit to fit the ICS models.

Does anyone have step by step advice on how to do this for me? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Marc

Last edited by marcwhite; May 16th, 2010 at 18:30.. Reason: poor grammar :P
marcwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 15:51   #2
heikis

maybe this will give you an idea: http://www.northtexasairsoft.org/for...hp?f=75&t=4229
and http://www.northtexasairsoft.org/for...hp?f=21&t=3141
heikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 17:09   #3
marcwhite

Thanks alot! Do you know if other metal hop up chambers are different than the systema? cause that unit may be out of my price range..
Old May 17th, 2010, 17:47   #4
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Send a message via MSN to Boyso
Pretty much all similar in shape. On top of my head, only the Madbull would be different since the dial is located differently.

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 23:32   #5
Able1
Joeyaglr444

should the hop up on the stock ics be able to move forward and backward, I just recently installed a steel outter barrel and now my hop up unit+barrel assembly is pretty tight in there as opposed to being looser and more easily removable.

I am thinking about doing this mod but I need to know if hop ups should be doin' that in general.
It's not about the guy who doesn't call his hit. It's about the pants you're wearing and the pants you're team mate is wearing, Is it real multi cam or is it Chinese repro multi cam? I don't know but in the end it's still multicam.
Able1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 10:46   #6
Able1
Joeyaglr444

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSpartan View Post
Pretty much all similar in shape. On top of my head, only the Madbull would be different since the dial is located differently.
Do you think that would really affect the fit, cause im considering buying one.
It's not about the guy who doesn't call his hit. It's about the pants you're wearing and the pants you're team mate is wearing, Is it real multi cam or is it Chinese repro multi cam? I don't know but in the end it's still multicam.
Old May 27th, 2010, 11:09   #7
m102404
Tys

ASC Thread "ICS Bible - Problems and Fixes" stickied in the reviews section

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...ight=ICS+bible

The reference to modding a Systema Hopup unit refers to filing/rounding the front of the feed tube so that it fit the body. There's pics somewhere...I've saw them about a half year ago. But essentially you test fit it and remove the metal from the hopup unit that interferes with the body.

I did one a little while back...it works fine and not hard to do.

Or....contact Mach1 and ask Shinobii for a stock spare replacement unit.

I'd be tempted to try with the Madbull one...since it looks very similar (the dial on the ICS one is pretty big...so there might not be clearance issues with the Madbull one...you'd probably still have to mod the front of the feed tube though).

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (but often money saved )

I'll see if I can't dig up the pics

Tys

*edit*
Not the same old pics...but similar pics are in the texas airsoft page

m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 11:20   #8
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Send a message via MSN to Boyso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Able1 View Post
Do you think that would really affect the fit, cause im considering buying one.
I can't speak for an ICS, but in my JG, the big Dial changed nothing. You need to mod the "wings" on both sides of the hopup, because it's too tight otherwize and won't spring back. I also stretched the spring on top of the hopup, and it helped.

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 12:20   #9
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
I'd be tempted to try with the Madbull one...since it looks very similar (the dial on the ICS one is pretty big...so there might not be clearance issues with the Madbull one...you'd probably still have to mod the front of the feed tube though).
I can't see the madbull one not working.

just to add, the big dial clearance in a metal CA body was a non issue. actually tons of space. the tabs (wings) on the side fit perfectly. I even have the wires for the tracer strip wrapped above and around the back of the unit before passing it through the hole in the lower receiver.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 12:38   #10
Kos-Mos

Maybe you should consider trouble shooting the issue with your gun instead of your hop-up.

ICS hop-up units are far supperior in efficiency and strengh than any metal hop-up units.

If you have a bad air seal, maybe your nozzle is crooked or notched?
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 13:08   #11
Able1
Joeyaglr444

im considering gettin a new nozzle, deep fire nozzles compatible with ics? the nozzle that comes with the ics has some imperfections.
Old May 27th, 2010, 13:25   #12
KND
* AV revoked *

Get Modify airseal nozzle. It`s compatible. That`s what I`m using when still I have my ICS M4A1. Seriously, make yourself easy, get the ICS hop up unit. It would save you a lots of trouble. I have trouble fit those systema hop up in ICS body, I manage to fit it in but airseal is a big issue.

KND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 13:42   #13
HaZarD SFD

DONT SWAP OUT ICS HOPUP.. Buy a NEW one of mach1.. trust me.. modifying and other shit isnt worth your time and can be a pain and it may not work..

ICS hopup is made for the ICS and should be the only one used.. If your thinking its the nozzle shave the raised edge on the middle of the nozzle to a sloped angle i.e from | to / well add more of an angle to it.. Hope its understandable..

That raised edge can get caught on the opening of the hopup unit and this does happen with other brands as well. It just lets the nozzle slide in better and it wont get hung up.. still gives airseal as your not changing the whole diameter of the raised part..

I know ICS 100% in and out.. Trust me.
Old March 7th, 2013, 14:00   #14
BADOMEGAFM

thank i moden one for my ics m4 work perfect and now it metal wont brake again and that good news for me.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications