Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Rain gear

:

Gear Discussion

Old June 2nd, 2015, 18:23   #31
Kungpow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dot View Post
No idea, no zippers on the pants and from what I can tell nothing to roll the jacket up into. Haven't really needed to bust it out since I've bought it so no idea how it really performs but like I said I'd trust it over the Condor in a downpour any day.
When you move does it sound like a plastic bag... drifting through the wind? But really Gore-Tex jackets are usually crinkly/ noisy. So that means the stealth jacket is not that stealthy.
Kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2015, 19:29   #32
FirestormX

The Chinese don't really care about patents. The bigger surprise is that the knock offs would have real goretex.

On a side note, I haven't found that my goretex has kept me very dry (I have a Proper jacket, amongst other things). It gets soaked, rather than keeping my dry. Have I wrecked it, or it it just not working? I can't stand out in the rain for 15 minutes, much less hours with this.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2015, 22:49   #33
Danke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4N6ZuKTZ_c
Old June 2nd, 2015, 23:52   #34
Foxer2373

Arc'teryx is amazing, stupid expensive but amazing I own a lot of it. I'll also give them a plug and say DS tactical in Canada are dead on US prices for most items but in CAD the only issue I've ever had is the Drake pants I've ripped a couple holes in them when deep in some Knawley bush. Easy to patch and they are the cheaper (280$) of the pants and not the (600$) ones.

Sweat wicking base layer, soft shell under my vest and vortex on the outside if absolutely needed. Good to -30 and at +5 I'll loose the soft shell.

Since we are talking rain gear I will also say Muck boots are my favorite boots ever, they are warm in the winter, breath (enough) in the summer and are 150% waterproof. I don't know about out east but over here if your standing in water you either get the element of suprise or a nice retreat space because very few will or can go through water with 0 concern.
Foxer2373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2015, 01:18   #35
Amoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
The Chinese don't really care about patents. The bigger surprise is that the knock offs would have real goretex.

On a side note, I haven't found that my goretex has kept me very dry (I have a Proper jacket, amongst other things). It gets soaked, rather than keeping my dry. Have I wrecked it, or it it just not working? I can't stand out in the rain for 15 minutes, much less hours with this.
As crazy as it sounds, 1980s Goretex at its core really is just PTFE a.k.a electrical tape that is stretched rapidly together with a co-polyamer and backed with a PU (polyurethane) foam laminate. The process is obviously more complicated, but the technique is described in patents, and patents only have a life of 20 years.
Amoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2015, 01:32   #36
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungpow View Post
When you move does it sound like a plastic bag... drifting through the wind? But really Gore-Tex jackets are usually crinkly/ noisy. So that means the stealth jacket is not that stealthy.
Not really, when arms brush my sides a little but not crinkly sounds. I don't think it's Gore-Tex.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2015, 07:25   #37
pugs144

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post

You need to restore the DWR coating. Products like Nikwax or Revivex will help.
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2015, 07:51   #38
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
To bad everything I have seen is in a neon colour.... if they had an olive drab id probably buy one right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2015, 11:27   #39
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
To bad everything I have seen is in a neon colour.... if they had an olive drab id probably buy one right now.
No Neon here.

http://www.dstactical.com/index.php?cPath=4_243
Old June 3rd, 2015, 12:05   #40
Foxer2373

Quote:
+1000

I have no affiliation with these guys but I have bought 95% of my cloths and loadout from them. Prices are fair on most items especially US real steel gear (Team Wendy, Arc'teryx, HSGI) expensive but on par with US prices.

If an item happens to be out of stock and not updated online they will contact you immediately offer a couple comparables or take it off your order before billing. They will also back order for you if its a regular stocked item and ship any items after they are in.

I can't boast enough about the noticeable diffrence wearing Arc'teryx vs anything else out there. The sweat wicking is amazing and anything that says windproof or waterproof is! Only downside is the police force eat it all up with their expendable accounts. Had to wait a month for a combat shirt once but when it arrived I will never wear anything else.

Enjoy!
Old June 3rd, 2015, 13:45   #41
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Yes but also no green there. It works for you tan boys, but theres nothing for greenies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2015, 14:24   #42
Danke

Olive drab? Did I go back in time to 1950?

Crocodile works fine with green. It's definitely not tan.
Old June 3rd, 2015, 14:35   #43
Chotto

Send a message via MSN to Chotto
I have two condor soft shells 1 green, one tan. They are a good option especially when they unzip under the arms and sides to release heat. I also picked up surplus cadpat and dark earth ponchos, though have yet to use either. I like my soft shells, but have witnessed how great the poncho can be. I think it will come down to personal preference
Chotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2015, 15:21   #44
Foxer2373

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
Yes but also no green there. It works for you tan boys, but theres nothing for greenies.
The U.S. Sites have OD ask if they can order it in for you.
Old June 3rd, 2015, 15:24   #45
Foxer2373

Quote:
Olive drab? Did I go back in time to 1950?

Crocodile works fine with green. It's definitely not tan.
I am guessing you have t seen Crocodile in the flesh, it is 100% tan, it is slightly darker than coyote brown. I wear it with my coyote brown banshee and have no issues.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion