Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Shredder's Concave Spacers

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old October 19th, 2009, 11:10   #121
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Oh, thanks for clarifying. I changed my inner barrel to a Promethesus 6.03mm tight bore right when I got the gun so I dont know how my gun was shooting with the stock barrel. Maybe I wouldnt even notice the difference. But hopefully when i upgrade the other parts, ie air nozzle, piston/head, cyclinder/head, spring, ill be able to see a dramatic difference. Happy thanksgiving guys. Hope you guys dont get any bird flu from eating turkey
ya if your gun already has a TB in it, than it shouldn't be performing like that. its definitely an internal problem. after you upgrade the parts, hopefully you will see a drastic performance upgrade.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:44   #122
Oborous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath144 View Post
I'll bump this.
Has anyone heard anything from Azathoth? I paid him for two units well over a week ago and have heard nothing since. Has anyone else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs144 View Post
Negative, haven't heard from him either.
I'll bug him over on the EAR website.

Oborous

Last edited by Oborous; October 19th, 2009 at 11:46..
Oborous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2009, 17:18   #123
turok_t

The dude takes forever to respond. I pm'd him before but it takes him many days to respond. So I just gave up on him and bought it off of baker jeff
turok_t is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2009, 22:29   #124
Wrath144
formerly steyr

He replied quickly and regularly before I sent the money...
Wrath144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 01:08   #125
Wrath144
formerly steyr

I heard back from him, he's just busy. All is well.
Wrath144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 01:32   #126
mcguyver

@ turok-t

If this spacer is as good as the modified PTW hop-up (as Azatoth claims), you should get groups like this:

These were shot from a CQB-R PTW (M130) with modified hop, using 0.30g Madbull IPSC BBs, distance precisely 100 feet from muzzle to paper. The gun was clamped in a Kolpin gun vise, which was set on a table. The crosswind was between 10-20km/hour that day, and my POI (point of impact) was about 18"-24" from my aim point off the right-hand side of the target. The black dots inside the pen circles are the impact holes, they are a little difficult to see on camera otherwise.

I can't tell from the vids what distance that is exactly, but it looks like alot less than 100 feet. You definately have an issue there.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 11:05   #127
Skladfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
@ turok-t

If this spacer is as good as the modified PTW hop-up (as Azatoth claims), you should get groups like this:

These were shot from a CQB-R PTW (M130) with modified hop, using 0.30g Madbull IPSC BBs, distance precisely 100 feet from muzzle to paper. The gun was clamped in a Kolpin gun vise, which was set on a table. The crosswind was between 10-20km/hour that day, and my POI (point of impact) was about 18"-24" from my aim point off the right-hand side of the target. The black dots inside the pen circles are the impact holes, they are a little difficult to see on camera otherwise.

I can't tell from the vids what distance that is exactly, but it looks like alot less than 100 feet. You definately have an issue there.
I don't think he has the SCS installed in that video.
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 15:10   #128
turok_t

Im not using the SCS and my hop up is COMPLETELY TURNED OFF. I was shooting the gun today in my backyard and it seemed quite inconsistent for some reason. More inconsistent than the video. I think my backyard is around 25 feet if im correct and I should be getting better groupings, but im not. Hopefully when I get a full upgrade from my local gun doc, it would be shooting better.
Old October 21st, 2009, 15:17   #129
Amos

If your hop is COMPLETELY off the BB's may not be held in place by the rubber and roll partially down your barrel before the air shoots it out the barrel.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 15:22   #130
mcguyver

The hop-up needs to be engaged and properly set before you can even think about accuracy or consistancy.

It's like complaining about the picture quality on a TV before you've properly set it up.

Old October 21st, 2009, 15:45   #131
DonP

Hop-up isn't "off" when turned off all the way, it's "indeterminate/uncontrolled".
DonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 17:07   #132
turok_t

So if i put my hop up to a minimum, will it position the bb in place for each shot, and hence, improve my accuracy and consistency?
Old October 21st, 2009, 18:10   #133
mcguyver

You set the hop-up to exaclty what you need to for a flat trajectory. Some gun/BB combinations may never be able to generate enough hop-up, or can too easily generate over-hop. You need to be able to shoot at distances up to (and maybe over) 200 feet to be able to do this effectively. Youy can't do it in 25 feet, that's for sure.

Old October 21st, 2009, 18:33   #134
m102404
Tys

Under 40-45ft won't tell you squat. Get out to a game...tune in your hopup with 0.25g (min)...preferably heavier (i.e. 0.28/0.30g) BBs. You can still chrony with 0.20g BBs...but the heavier ones will result in better accuracy at pretty much any range/distance.

If you tweak your hopup for 0.20g BBs...you'll likely need to re-do it for different weights/brands (definitely for different weights).
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 21:48   #135
Azathoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Under 40-45ft won't tell you squat. Get out to a game...tune in your hopup with 0.25g (min)...preferably heavier (i.e. 0.28/0.30g) BBs. You can still chrony with 0.20g BBs...but the heavier ones will result in better accuracy at pretty much any range/distance.

If you tweak your hopup for 0.20g BBs...you'll likely need to re-do it for different weights/brands (definitely for different weights).
You will need to tune your hopup for all kinds of environmental conditions like BB weight, BB manufacturer, humidity, temperature etc. What you are shooting over will have an affect. Shooting across a small pond you will get wildly different hopup vs over a dry field.

PS I am back. I had accounting exams, anyone who has written a EUFI will know exactly what I am talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications