Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

1911s

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 5th, 2009, 21:13   #1
ShadowNet

1911s

Hey guys, for those of you who own or have owned 1911 GBBs, which 1911 (brand/model) is the best in terms of compatibility of parts from other brands, reliability and robustness?
Old January 5th, 2009, 21:19   #2
Roughneck
used to be Spencer aka Sue

WE 1911's = faulty spring cap and barrel bushing. Mine lasted about 10 mags, have seen them go sooner.

TM 1911A1 is the best GBB Ive ever handled. Parts are plentyful to upgrade to your hearts content, also come ready for propane. Loved it so much I sold all my pistols and bought a pair of them. They shoot straight, kick pretty hard and I know players that have been using them for 2-3 seasons with no issues so far.. I intend to have mine even longer. They're more expensive than the other 1911s I've seen.. but it's worth it for the reliability.

Please save for me, some gallantry
That will echo when I'm gone
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2009, 21:20   #3
ShadowNet

About how much would a TM 1911 cost in Canada in the classifieds? (sorry if I've broken any forum rules, mod please delete this post if I have done so) I'm working on AV.
Old January 5th, 2009, 21:22   #4
Roughneck

Ahh they average between $300-400.

Old January 5th, 2009, 21:27   #5
ShadowNet

ooo i'll keep that in mind. thanks for the info
Old January 5th, 2009, 21:30   #6
Crunchmeister

If you're getting a 1911, then you have to go TM or WA. Both are extremely reliable guns with lots of aftermarket parts (like metal slides) available. They're expensive, but they will last.

As Roughneck said, WE 1911s suck ass beyond belief and not fully (if at all - not sure there) TM compatible. Just do a search in the Doctor's Corner for WE 1911 and you'll see many, many reports of broken guns, and no replacement parts are available. They're cheap and full metal, but you really get what you pay for. Many won't see 100 rounds before being totally dead.

Last edited by Crunchmeister; January 19th, 2009 at 07:44..
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2009, 21:36   #7
The Saint

My WE1911 lasted for an entire season of hard work, through the summer and into indoor winter games. Not saying there aren't lemons, but when you get one that works, it works pretty well.

How much are you willing to spend? Are you willing to settle for a plastic gun now and metal upgrades later, or are you looking to start metal?

This is on the edge of being a Newbie Tank thread.
Old January 5th, 2009, 21:46   #8
ShadowNet

I'm willing to spend about $400, and I'm looking to get a silver/chrome aftermarket slide. Sorry if it's turning to n00b. mods can move this thread.
Old January 5th, 2009, 21:57   #9
Crunchmeister

Not all WE guns are bad. When you get a good gun, they work quite well. But the lemon rate can be quite high.

I have a WE Luger that's awesome.. I've put several hundred rounds through it plinking and it's shot reliably and accurately. The only issue I've encountered was the mag started leaking after the 12th or so gas fill. It's not really an issue since it's just a collection gun that I occasionally plink with, and the leak is slow enough that I have plenty of time to shoot off a full mag of BBs before it starts affecting performance. I don't game this gun. It's just for collection and plinking, so the mag thing isn't really an issue, and extra mags are fairly cheap and easy to get.

I've gamed my WE Hi Capa 5.1 once and put hundreds of rounds through it plinking and it's awesome and shoots great. Other than a loose right side thumb safety (a common problem with those guns) it's great. And since it's 100% TM compatible, I can get just about any replacement or upgrade part I want for it cheaply and fairly easy.

The 1911s are really nice looking, full metal guns. Many will work fine. But they seem to be more problematic than other WE models. When they do break, it's often just a small, stupid part. The problem with the WE 1911 line is their incompatibility with most TM after-market parts (at least for the most part) and no availability of spare WE parts. Sometimes just a small, minor part breaking can leave an almost new 1911 dead because there are no replacement parts.

If they were 100% TM compatible, I'd probably have a much different opinion of them, because for the price of a plastic TM, you could have a nicely upgraded all metal 1911 that would outperform a stock TM 1911. But because of that, I would never buy one myself and could never recommend them.

Last edited by Crunchmeister; January 5th, 2009 at 22:01..
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2009, 22:15   #10
Canadian Psycho
Personal Mule.....PM for rates!

Send a message via MSN to Canadian Psycho
Ive used both TM and WE 1911s, my TM never worked good, never got a full mag of bbs out of it without filling the mag many many times. (5+ to clear a mag) when it shot it went like 5ft. ended up with two different WE's, the standard, and a tactical, the standard has a problem with the recoil spring, but the tactical has run perfect, good range, good power, no problem getting a mag or two through without filling with gas depending on weather.
Old January 5th, 2009, 22:19   #11
PaCHeKo!

Send a message via MSN to PaCHeKo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
WE 1911's = faulty spring cap and barrel bushing. Mine lasted about 10 mags, have seen them go sooner.
Happened to me. You must order the WE OEM one from Evike. Pain in the ass. But damn, when I shoot this gun I feel the butterflies in my pants.

P.M.C. - Prostituée Militaire de Campagne.
PaCHeKo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2009, 22:19   #12
Roughneck

At room temp with my TM 1911, I can get two mags of bb's on one charge of gas using single shots, 2-3 seconds apart. I can get one mag of bb's when I do double taps 1-2 seconds apart and when I just hammer the trigger as fast as I can, I have one bb left in the mag when the gas runs out. That's reasonable enough for a single stack mag in my opinion. Then again, I have 6 mags

Old January 5th, 2009, 22:20   #13
The Saint

If a chrome slide is where you're going with your 1911, TM or WA are definitely the way to go. Currently all the really good quality chrome slides are aftermarket ones for TM or WA.

You can buy 1911s that come fully metal, strip and buff the slides, but it won't be as nice.
Old January 5th, 2009, 22:25   #14
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowNet View Post
About how much would a TM 1911 cost in Canada in the classifieds? (sorry if I've broken any forum rules, mod please delete this post if I have done so) I'm working on AV.
That depends on whether you want the original Colt M1911A1 Government or if you want the MEU
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2009, 22:32   #15
ShadowNet

I do not mind either, though I really freakin love the look of your Infinity 1911. It looks so damn bad ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
That depends on whether you want the original Colt M1911A1 Government or if you want the MEU

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion