Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Official: KWA TDI Kriss Super-V

:

Canadian Airsoft News Stand

Old August 10th, 2010, 00:00   #16
EN SABAH NUR
AKA Daniel Ochoa

oh i'm sure that with enough ingenuity they can make a "kriss" in any calibre possible that utilizes that recoil redirection thingy. The magwell, barrel, bolt/extractor and a lot of the receiver will change but imagine the stopping power!

You're right it won't be a sub machinegun anymore. it would be an assault rifle at least. Why stop at 7.62 nato? Let's try 12 gauge, .50bmg, 20mm...or even 30mm!...then A SIX POUNDER!

a boy can dream can't he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coresair View Post
1. It uses glock mags

2. It wouldn't be a sub-machine gun anymore

It's chambered for .45ACP. The only other caliber they will make in is .40S&W (Real Steel) which really doesn't mean anything in airsoft. Unless they made a 6 AND a 8mm bb version but highly unlikely since it's almost proprietary to Marushin (I say almost because even though I only heard of marushin using them, I know Madbull makes some)

Now if BBBs we're to make a 8mm, maybe we would go somewhere with this :P

"Son. You got a panty on your head" - Hayseed
EN SABAH NUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2010, 00:31   #17
Dart

hmm I like that it uses glock mags, means you don't have to go buy a bunch of new GBB mags.

Notice how almost all GBBRs so far that have been successful have used "m4" mags *i know they arn't called that*

And now that we have a m14 GBBR... I can see a ScarL

As for the clear "cansoft" version it should be easy enough to get around that with a co2 being shipped with it for certification.
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 00:26   #18
sushicake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart View Post
hmm I like that it uses glock mags, means you don't have to go buy a bunch of new GBB mags.

Notice how almost all GBBRs so far that have been successful have used "m4" mags *i know they arn't called that*

As for the clear "cansoft" version it should be easy enough to get around that with a co2 being shipped with it for certification.
M4 mags are called "Stanag" mags.

Anyways the barrel I'm guessing is going to be pretty short on the KRISS seeing that they still got to put a hop-up in it and everything. It's probably not going to be a very successful gun all the CODMW2 kids will be drooling over it though.
Old August 11th, 2010, 00:40   #19
cjboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushicake View Post
M4 mags are called "Stanag" mags.

Anyways the barrel I'm guessing is going to be pretty short on the KRISS seeing that they still got to put a hop-up in it and everything. It's probably not going to be a very successful gun all the CODMW2 kids will be drooling over it though.
I'm sure it wont interfere with the inner barrel. KWA would probably put the hop up system on top of the inner barrel, just like their MP7A1. So I'm guessing the inner barrel would be longer than the mp7 or maybe just as long as the MP7A1. Call of Duty MW2 needs to upgrade their gun facts on their guns anyways, such as the ACR where in the game it shoots just as weak as the M4 when you could put an AK caliber in it, same thing with the Kriss Vector in the game where its so inaccurate, when in real life its more accurate than a UMP and UMP in Call of Duty MW2 is so deadly and accurate.
cjboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 14:22   #20
Dynamo
Harvester of Noobs' Sorrow

Send a message via MSN to Dynamo
i wonder if the superV system could be adapted to fire a rifle round in a bulpup arrangement. that would be sick. from what i saw in the cuts out views in the video, the trigger mechanism sits above the barrel/mag (like it's upside down).
can't wait to see how KWA is going to pull this off.

Don't look at me, I don't know, lol ¯\(°_o)/¯.
Dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 22:46   #21
EN SABAH NUR
AKA Daniel Ochoa

I think you mean SCAR H. The SCAR H and the M14 use different mags. If anything the SCAR H mag (when they make it) will probably be closer to a SCAR L/M4's magazine since an M14's rocks into the magwell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart View Post

"Son. You got a panty on your head" - Hayseed
EN SABAH NUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 00:14   #22
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

It's so hideous.....I MUST HAVE IT!!!
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 01:52   #23
Short Round
Najohn

Well looks like I need to learn about GBBRs now
Old August 25th, 2010, 16:17   #24
Ninja_En_Short

Send a message via MSN to Ninja_En_Short
Super V system is really good for short barrel weapon with high recoil / rate of fire and short range like the Kriss... even though the demonstration on TDI website is full of crap when they fire UMP. I fired both, I never felt enough recoil on an UMP to be pushed back like that... or get such elevation.
And the barrel is much smaller than an MP7 one (for SMG). It's even smaller than a Colt 1911 one.

On a bulpup rifle I wanted to put that into my assault rifle (I'm on the third prototype) but when I ran the simulation on the computer I found it pretty annoying :

- Behind the trigger : makes the stock going down and actually adding to the recoil... like basic physics would tell and not exactly what I was looking for

- Between hand : brutaly changes the balance of forces and in the end is more tiring on the arms than a standard design where all the recoil is going in your chest/shoulder (depending if you know how to handle a gun or being a BWD kikoolol).

I just removed that entirely in the end.

I'll make an airsoft version when I'll come up with a definitive version

Gun doc in Montreal on AEG, GBB, GBBR and Bolt rifle (gaz and spring)
Heavy custom builder (including painting)

Ninja_En_Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 11:06   #25
sirtaco27

Wow. I creamed myself when I heard they're going to market a TDI Kriss Super-V. I'm going to get it the second it comes out.

Perks:
Bloody BB
BB Magnet
Steady Aim
sirtaco27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 11:35   #26
Assault Pioneer
formerly haakon45

anyone figure if it will come out as safe soft with velocity or we'll have to get it on the boards here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Don't take weapons training from a book. It ranks right up there with people who think they know guns from watching a Chris Costa video.
Assault Pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 22:31   #27
Ninja_En_Short

Send a message via MSN to Ninja_En_Short
Doubt it, the kriss is an SMG GBB so around 370 at 20 degrees Celsius (and no I don`t know how much Fahrenheit it does) and has a one piece polymer body, unless you want a fully (and ugly) transparent model, you`ll have to bring one through retailer.

Gun doc in Montreal on AEG, GBB, GBBR and Bolt rifle (gaz and spring)
Heavy custom builder (including painting)

Ninja_En_Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2011, 12:41   #28
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Looks like KWA is releasing the first prototype at SHOT Show 2011, happening THIS weekend!

Click the link for more details:
http://airsoft.ua/en/news/802.html
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2011, 14:12   #29
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
Looks like KWA is releasing the first prototype at SHOT Show 2011, happening THIS weekend!

Click the link for more details:
http://airsoft.ua/en/news/802.html
Schweeeeeet.

I like the two tone setup.

Hopefully it won't suck. It would be hugely disappointing if it was just another [typically configured] GBB SMG in a Kriss body, complete with the traditional "recoil" (I'm being optimistic and thinking of the KWC Mini Uzi). Not to mention KWA's been a mixed bag lately.
Old January 20th, 2011, 14:19   #30
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Schweeeeeet.

I like the two tone setup.

Hopefully it won't suck. It would be hugely disappointing if it was just another [typically configured] GBB SMG in a Kriss body, complete with the traditional "recoil" (I'm being optimistic and thinking of the KWC Mini Uzi). Not to mention KWA's been a mixed bag lately.
I wouldnt be expecting a whole lot from the recoil as the real kriss, has a recoil reduction system in place to fire the .45 round more accurately.
and it would be nice if they made the gun able to take glock mags.....
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > Canadian Airsoft News Stand