Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Grenade Launchers - Good, Bad or Stupid ?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 27th, 2009, 20:15   #76
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
anyone ever try a piece of pool noodle as a projectile?
might work but with it's weight and shape, with no fins, it will just tumble in the air. plus it's a bit large to fit in most launchers.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 21:52   #77
grimreefer

Damnit....this thread is making me want an M203. I think I'd definitely have to go for an RIS version though so I could take it off when I get tired of lugging it around. I'm not weak but there is a lot to be said for weapon balance.
Old January 27th, 2009, 22:16   #78
panzergrenadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimreefer View Post
Damnit....this thread is making me want an M203. I think I'd definitely have to go for an RIS version though so I could take it off when I get tired of lugging it around. I'm not weak but there is a lot to be said for weapon balance.
You get used to the Balance of an M203 on your rifle...
Eventually your rifle will feel weird without it...
Old January 27th, 2009, 22:22   #79
hymnforthewretched

Rail mounted suck, plus there not issued. yes there is a real one made by LMT but it is not issued.

Having a front heavy heavy weapon with 203 is normal and just like the real deal. no one in the real world is carrying a big nicad battery to balaance the weight.
hymnforthewretched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 22:48   #80
Drake
E-01

Quote:
You can get a proper realistic mounted one, and just get a QD front latch. Takes like 5 seconds to mount or remove the M203.
Old January 28th, 2009, 00:01   #81
Zekk05

Send a message via ICQ to Zekk05 Send a message via AIM to Zekk05 Send a message via MSN to Zekk05 Send a message via Yahoo to Zekk05
I just got an EGLM for my scar, and the weight of that plus the eotech and anpeq is similar to my old CA249. Balance.. meh. not that bad. what i find the worst is the angle my wrist has to twist to hold it, versus normally holding the rifle. killer.. ugh

cant wait to give it a go when the season starts. lookin for some new nades though. only have 1
Old January 28th, 2009, 00:16   #82
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
You can get a proper realistic mounted one, and just get a QD front latch. Takes like 5 seconds to mount or remove the M203.
The problem with that is then you have no lower handguard, unless you have a CASV or something similar with an easily reattached lower section.

Kuro_Neko
Kuro_Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 00:23   #83
grimreefer

Hmm...I have a CASV handguard. It looks awesome, but I find it a bit flimsy. I'm hesitant to put a foregrip on it (or an m203 for that matter) because I know if I drop it or smack it on a tree or something it'll warp or destroy it.

So now I'm considering the barrel-mount. But how exactly does it mount to the barrel again? You have to remove the front sight?
Old January 28th, 2009, 00:43   #84
hymnforthewretched

No bottom handguard?? most bottom handguards slip right back in... i dont see how that would be an issue. Whip off the 203, whip back on you lower hand guard.. done and done. might have taken a few seconds longer, but at least you have a more reliable barrel mount system, not to mention more realistic.
hymnforthewretched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 00:50   #85
grimreefer

The front bracket looks easy enough but how does the rear mount to the barrel?
Old January 28th, 2009, 01:01   #86
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
Barrel mounts mount ahead of the front sight. Usually you have to at least loosen the front sight but only to get the lower half of the stock handguard off. You have to remove the flash hider initially to get the front latch on. If you have the QD latch like Drake suggested then you can remove the launcher without having to remove the front latch. So once it's on there it's easy to take on and off. Refer to the pic of my baby higher up in this thread, that'll give you a good idea of how it mounts.

Kuro_Neko
Old January 28th, 2009, 01:08   #87
grimreefer

sooo...is the rear of the M203 secured by the delta ring?
Old January 28th, 2009, 01:39   #88
Kuro_Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by hymnforthewretched View Post
No bottom handguard?? most bottom handguards slip right back in... i dont see how that would be an issue. Whip off the 203, whip back on you lower hand guard.. done and done. might have taken a few seconds longer, but at least you have a more reliable barrel mount system, not to mention more realistic.
I'm not sure what model you've worked with but my front handguard does not go on or off nearly that easily. First of all, you have to loosen the front sight to get the forward handguard cap loose, then you need to push down the slip ring (which, at least on my model, is really damn strong) then fit the lower handguard on, then fit the forward cap and tighten the front sight again. Without assistance (or the proper takedown tool) this takes a good ten or fifteen minutes. Even with assistance it's going to take a couple of minutes and wouldn't be something I'd want to do in the field.

Quote:
The front bracket looks easy enough but how does the rear mount to the barrel?
There's a thick ring that fits over the barrel, then you slide the lips on the back of the launcher over the ring. There's also a notch that slots into the holes in the slip ring.

Kuro_Neko
Old January 28th, 2009, 02:22   #89
Danke

What's wrong with carrying a stand-alone launcher like a M79, FN MK13, or th H&K flavor?
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 02:26   #90
Kuro_Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
What's wrong with carrying a stand-alone launcher like a M79, FN MK13, or th H&K flavor?
Nothing really. Except firing time increases quite a bit if you have to sling one weapon and draw another. Also, mounted grenade launchers are just sexy looking.

Kuro_Neko
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion