Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Anyone have this Radio?

:

Gear Discussion

Old May 26th, 2008, 13:16   #1
Silent_Angel

Send a message via MSN to Silent_Angel
Anyone have this Radio?

Saw this on Redwolfairsoft and looks like a solid product but it looks like its more for LE and military high-end radio, This link is not for redwolf, its from the authorized dealer from the maker of the radio IASUS

http://www.evotactical.com/index.php...roducts_id=192

Does anyone have heard or even own this product. I'd imagin it isn't too newbie friendly. I'm tring to get a radio for summer game which is a first for me and I'm planning to keep going till I die of old age lol. and I would like a solid radio that I can use for AS and other application as well.

Thanks
Silent_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 13:19   #2
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
That isn't a high end radio.

No I don't own it.
Old May 26th, 2008, 13:21   #3
Silent_Angel

oh ok, seeing how people pay around $100 for their just makes me think that this one wouldbe better because its arould $250 but is this a good one for airsoft. Sorry I'm a noob interms of radio only learend it in my aviation mechanic class for radio tests and thats just scratching at the surface.

Thanks
Old May 26th, 2008, 13:23   #4
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
That isn't a high end radio.

No I don't own it.
... It's an IASUS radio...

It IS a high end radio..

although I'm not too sure of the model, more than half my team uses a radio that is VERY similar to this one.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 13:31   #5
Zekk05

Send a message via ICQ to Zekk05 Send a message via AIM to Zekk05 Send a message via MSN to Zekk05 Send a message via Yahoo to Zekk05
I own one of those radios actually. Its a bit overkill for Airsoft, but needless to say, no matter where I am on the 80acre field, my team picks up my signal. I can almost talk to my friend inside the city from my house to his, who is 5.4 km away.

great clarity, tonnes of options, yadda yadda. Is it worth the money? I cant say as Ive never used anything else in that price range. It was just highly recommended by a lot of experienced airsofters when I got it a year or two ago.

If you do get one though, make sure that the screen is pointing towards you in your pocket. A teammate had his screen shot out , through the radio pouch no less.
Old May 26th, 2008, 13:44   #6
Silent_Angel

Thanks, I'd imagin it would be an overkill,
Actually saved up little by little since 2 yr ago where I decide I had enought of only indoor game due to lack of gear and proper weapon, so Money is not excatly a issue.

Thanks for the feedback Zekk05
Old May 26th, 2008, 14:10   #7
Zekk05

Send a message via ICQ to Zekk05 Send a message via AIM to Zekk05 Send a message via MSN to Zekk05 Send a message via Yahoo to Zekk05
I guess it depends on where you play, but in Manitoba, radios arent on the list of equipment that you Need to play outdoors. To play outdoors, all you need is the safety gear for the field, a basic vest or belt to carry mags, and a good pair of boots! the rest is all skill !
Old May 26th, 2008, 14:59   #8
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Angel View Post
Saw this on Redwolfairsoft and looks like a solid product but it looks like its more for LE and military high-end radio, This link is not for redwolf, its from the authorized dealer from the maker of the radio IASUS

http://www.evotactical.com/index.php...roducts_id=192

Does anyone have heard or even own this product. I'd imagin it isn't too newbie friendly. I'm tring to get a radio for summer game which is a first for me and I'm planning to keep going till I die of old age lol. and I would like a solid radio that I can use for AS and other application as well.

Thanks
Same as this clone for $80US:

http://gadgetinfinity.com/product.ph...cat=282&page=1

A bunch of us around here have that radio <link above> and it's works great!! Used it at the Muskoka game last weekend and no issues, even used it for the 4.5hours drive back to Ottawa, and even though all day game and the long trip, when I got home I still had three bars (out of three) of battery power left. Was teetering between two and three actually. Word is the battery lasts long enough for 3 all day games before needing a recharge.

Get the real oe for $250, or the 'just as good' clone for $80. $250 can be overkill for a radio to use for airsoft, but $80 for a 4W UHF radio is just fine.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 15:04   #9
Zekk05

looks like a pretty good alternative! nice find !
as for battery life, it lasted approx 1 full day of usage at Keystone Strike 3 for me. But that was under heavy use for a good 12 hours solid.
Old May 26th, 2008, 15:21   #10
Silent_Angel

Alright an alternative that will be cheaper
looks like it takes kenwoth 2-pin jack, I can plug the IASUS NT throat mic into this on looks compatable.

How tough is that radio? say it gets shot out by a trigger happy noob (I use to be like that, panic when someone is too close to me, but not anymore). And hows the coverage and quality of the transmission and also at the receiving end of a transmission
Old May 26th, 2008, 15:30   #11
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Angel View Post
Alright an alternative that will be cheaper
looks like it takes kenwoth 2-pin jack, I can plug the IASUS NT throat mic into this on looks compatable.

How tough is that radio? say it gets shot out by a trigger happy noob (I use to be like that, panic when someone is too close to me, but not anymore). And hows the coverage and quality of the transmission and also at the receiving end of a transmission
Give me dimensions and I can make you a protector that would stand up to a trigger happy noob with a .22 pellet gun
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 15:39   #12
Silent_Angel

LOL!! nice I'll let you know once I decide to get it

.22 pallet gun... what about me? when a noob uses that in AS outdoor I think everyone would jump that noob and destory him.

Thanks
Old May 26th, 2008, 15:40   #13
MadMorbius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
... It's an IASUS radio...

It IS a high end radio..

although I'm not too sure of the model, more than half my team uses a radio that is VERY similar to this one.

UHF doesn't mean HIGH END. If it's like anything else from IASUS, it's garbage.
Old May 26th, 2008, 15:51   #14
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Biggest concerns should be, does it work better than an FRS/GMRS, and price (ok, headset compatibilty, ease and availability of such, is an issue as well.) Getting shot out, hell, might take 100 games for you to run into that situation, like has been mentioned, face the screen towards your body and it's all good, just keep it in a pocket or pouch. Worrying about getting the screen shot out on your radio is seriously up there with worrying about getting a BB in your ear hole, (or up the nose), is really a non-existant worry. Closest I've gotten was an ear lobe shot from the front. Radio-wise, I'd be more concerned with cracking the screen from playing hard, or diving for cover rather than it getting shot out. Rather like "How do I protect my rifle scope from getting the objective lens busted by being shot?" Lense is tough, it breaks BBs, had it happen to me enough times. Cheap RDS with a this plastic lens.............. another story.

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; May 26th, 2008 at 15:55..
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 15:56   #15
Silent_Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Biggest concerns should be, does it work better than an FRS/GMRS, and price (ok, headset compatibilty, ease and availability of such, is an issue as well.)
Sorry about being such a noob, I have no idea what those mean
I'm thinking format but thats just me.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion