Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tactical Food Options

:

Gear Discussion

Old October 16th, 2015, 21:23   #16
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

On that note; MRE vs IMP, cost and availability?
Old October 16th, 2015, 22:56   #17
Saxon79

I've had no luck finding IMP's at a decent price, let alone seeing many on the market. MRE's however are cheap & plentiful.
Saxon79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2015, 00:09   #18
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

cliff bars, meat sticks/dried meat, bag of dried banana/fresh banana, dried apricots, trail mix, nuts, energy gels for runners/hikers, potassium, magnesium, calcium tablets, water, sports drinks.

Depending on how on the go you are, you may not have time to stuff your face, so I usually snack when I have a second to grab a handful. Anything that requires a utensil to eat is too cumbersome for me, unless you're getting a designated meal break or it's in conditions where you can heat the mre and having a hot/warm meal will make a difference in your mood, bringing little bagged out portions of stuff is far more convenient/effective.

The only time I appreciated something hot was nightfall 1, being stuck at the mortar pit for 4 hours in the pouring rain sucked.
Old October 17th, 2015, 11:34   #19
SlowEddy

Cliff bars + Jet Boiled Mountain house is where its at!

*sorry Colin haha*

for extended games I usually bring:

- 4-6 cliff bars
- 2 packages of mountain-house / dehydrated meals but end up only eating around dusk
- power aid
- a can of red bull for the drive home

Not a lot of food but I prefer to limit the amount of times I have to poo in a hole.
Old October 17th, 2015, 12:33   #20
hollywood...
cranky old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowEddy View Post

Not a lot of food but I prefer to limit the amount of times I have to poo in a hole.
Mountain House Lasagna - the nuclear cheese means you won't have to poo for a day or two after eating it!
Old October 24th, 2015, 15:04   #21
MiniMcNabb
E-09

I'm starting to go heavy on snack foods like trail mix, cliff bars, power gel etc... I also usually bring 1 bottle of poweraide for abit of extra hydration and morale. I used to bring more MRE main meals or dehydrated camping meals and less snacks to eat like I would at home. But then I realized during long events im just eating for energy and morale. I dont have time to cook multiple hot meals so try to rely on snacks and fewer full meals. I also have a life venture leak proof thermal mug which fits in a triple AR mag pouch. Never enter night phase without a hot drink in it!
Cliff bars and other purpose made energy snacks taste better cold than an MRE entree.
Old December 21st, 2015, 17:31   #22
shrapnel

Snikers bars fit just right in single pistol mag pouches!
shrapnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2015, 19:16   #23
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrapnel View Post
Snikers bars fit just right in single pistol mag pouches!
do you like being 350 pounds and having knees bend the wrong way when you run in bush? cause that's a good start.
Old December 21st, 2015, 19:28   #24
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

I'm going to get away from meals at longer games as well, I find my digestion is fucked up between the yo-yo of action and lulls and I do better snacking during the event.

I'm also going to carry a lot more of these things called Buddy Fruits. It's pretty much baby food in a convenient palm-sized pack that's pureed so it's really easy on digestion and decently nutritious. I can have a handful buried in my kit easily for myself and teammates and it shrinks to nothing when consumed so easy to carry out. You can find them at Walmart, they go on sale often and have a good shelf life.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2015, 23:40   #25
Wilkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
do you like being 350 pounds and having knees bend the wrong way when you run in bush? cause that's a good start.
Nothing wrong with the odd chocolate bar during activities, where your body needs the calories. They act as quick energy and at times even an emotional pick-me-up.

Just don't base your field diet purely around snickers bars. It's certainly not a meal
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2015, 11:11   #26
Covax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dot View Post
I'm also going to carry a lot more of these things called Buddy Fruits. It's pretty much baby food in a convenient palm-sized pack that's pureed so it's really easy on digestion and decently nutritious. I can have a handful buried in my kit easily for myself and teammates and it shrinks to nothing when consumed so easy to carry out. You can find them at Walmart, they go on sale often and have a good shelf life.
Yeah those are great. Apple sauce + whatever fruit mush. Great for when you crave some furit but can't chance and apple because your hands are covered in grime, year-old paintball scum & heavy metals from whatever factory you're currently in.
Old December 22nd, 2015, 11:55   #27
Forever_kaos

Last year I picked myself up a food dehydrator, mostly for fruit but the amount of things you can dehydrate is plentiful.

I've done Chili, my own beef jerky, stew, and various pasta.
I put it in a ziplock bag, throw it in the freeze, grab it when I'm heading off and it's good to go.

Throw it in a mess kit with some water over the fire, or a simple little esbit stove, voila.

The taste with your own dehydrated fruit vs store bought is awesome to boot.
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2015, 17:30   #28
Chiba

Just don't do 5+ Cliff Bars. Just don't.

Unless you want grey poo.
Chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2015, 18:06   #29
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

I kick it a little oldschool, For a 24 hour event, 6 landjager dried sausages, some hard rye bread, coffee, bullion cubes, handful of hard candies, 2 dark chocolate bars.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2015, 19:40   #30
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiba View Post
Just don't do 5+ Cliff Bars. Just don't.

Unless you want grey poo.
this sounds like a personal experience
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion