Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Do any of you guys play pistol only?

:

General

Old October 27th, 2015, 02:07   #1
Demogorgon

Do any of you guys play pistol only?

Hey,

I saw one guy do this at a game and was wondering, do any of you guys just run a pistol and no AEG? If so, why?
Demogorgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2015, 02:18   #2
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Usually just for fun or training purposes. It can be fun to handicap everyone or just handicap a few. Often you'll see it as a brake up or warmup game during weekend scrims.
Old October 27th, 2015, 07:59   #3
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

In CQB all the time. The speed and ease of navigation of pistols in tight environments is unbeatable. Outside its doable, but no match for a rifle, especially in woodlands settings.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2015, 09:18   #4
8bitninja

Yes in CQB. There have been quite a few shots in tight places I wouldn't otherwise have gotten with even my P90. I run 4 x 50 round mags plus 2 x 15 on backup pistol. Realistically in a 15 minute skirmish, I usually only need to go through 100 rounds, and that's a stretch.
Old October 27th, 2015, 11:45   #5
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

Huge handicap, steep learning curve, totally worth it (cqb).
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2015, 11:51   #6
waylander

indoor cqb yes. usually dual mp9's. makes you so much faster and shooting around corners you expose less of yourself.
waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2015, 13:11   #7
naminator

As a backup yes. During the games I play frequently the pistols come out when everybody runs out of ammo. The full auto goes to semi, then down to the occasional snap of a gas pistol being fired.

I love my pistols. I have 3 for different purposes. I have a new NBB and an AEP that I love. I am getting rid of my blow back hicapa for a few different reasons.

Are pistols necessary? Absolutely not. But they are fun and pistol only matches can really level the playing field significantly.
Were you maybe expecting 1+1 = donut?
naminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2015, 13:53   #8
gogojuice

Love pistols. It seems there is less spray and pray with them. More tactics involved. Not the usual Rambo moves you see out on the field.
gogojuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2015, 14:01   #9
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
I've played pistol only in CQB a ton of times. Can't have that maneuverability and agility with an AEG. And can't snap shoot as fast or have the trigger response like a GBB pistol.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2015, 19:55   #10
NoGear
likes being humiliated

The m93r has some amazing range outdoors compared to a few AEG's I Technically use pistols cause a fpg is just a 18C
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2015, 20:37   #11
Borealis

I play only with a pistol when I use my NVA officer kit at vietnam games. I have a Tokarev in a hip holster to stay in character but it's not very effective. But I also carry a KJW MK1 Ruger in a conceal carry, the range and accuracy of this pistol can be on par with a mid-grade AEG; and a tagged many players who thought that they were out of range. .
Borealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2015, 14:45   #12
Covax

Sometimes if my kill/death ratio is really off I'll dress down (take of my vest, leave my gun behind, take of my jacket if it's hot) and go into a few missions with just a pistol. Sometimes with an AEG and unlimited ammo you start to take things for granted and I find going pistol-only a great 'refresh' of my brain. Suddenly my 'life' is worth more, suddenly my team mate's support is worth more, suddenly I remember basic things like things recon and flanking.
Old October 28th, 2015, 15:44   #13

Some pistols are a lot more deadly than AEGs, especially in capable hands. Years ago we used to run Thursday night winter games at local indoor PB place. I still remember founder of Airsoft Innovations running around with his upgraded WA Prokillers and shower gas grenades causing chaos on the field I also remember Manchovie and his TM Hi Capa 5.1 upgraded to the tits, that thing literally out-ranged any 400FPS AEG on the field.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2015, 17:31   #14
Slodin

CQB pistol only is easy..a lot faster than the guys running around with a full length rifle..

I did it once outdoors when my rifle is dead for the day, my pistol being a cheap KJW and not upgraded at all, it's very hard to hit anyone above 30-50m, the shots are just a little bit off because of wind and barrel grouping...in deathmatch games it forces me to get closer or catch people by surprise...

In objective games I just head for objective and hold it because I have no gear on me, just a pistol, 2 25rd mags, and a speed loader..So match start, just sprint as fast as I can to the objective..all i can say is 2 mags is not enough....I only can reload each mags once before it run out if gas..
Old November 1st, 2015, 23:27   #15
Handsonic
"I like syrup on my blue waffles." #diseasedvagina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodin View Post
CQB pistol only is easy..a lot faster than the guys running around with a full length rifle..

I did it once outdoors when my rifle is dead for the day, my pistol being a cheap KJW and not upgraded at all, it's very hard to hit anyone above 30-50m, the shots are just a little bit off because of wind and barrel grouping...in deathmatch games it forces me to get closer or catch people by surprise...

In objective games I just head for objective and hold it because I have no gear on me, just a pistol, 2 25rd mags, and a speed loader..So match start, just sprint as fast as I can to the objective..all i can say is 2 mags is not enough....I only can reload each mags once before it run out if gas..
Time to bring your gas onto the field
Handsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General