Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

VFC (UMAREX) MP5 GBBR Owners Thread

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old November 12th, 2014, 19:56   #331
N_Force

Mp5 serious is more like classical type and mp7 is more like modern. I know mp7 has harder kick than mp5k. But one thing you have to notice on the magazine is, mp7 has the groove opening see through bbs, that I never like. And that why I've never got a mp7. If the magazine is completely sealed, I would. Now it's your call?

N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2014, 17:43   #332
brock0

Consider me konverted.

Awesome gun. The pdw stock is great, nice and solid.

brock0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2014, 22:00   #333
Magwell

Her fellas, swapped out my cylinder for the Crusader one and lightly sanded/lubed the moving parts (Wow, what a difference!) I also replaced my feeding ramp with the Crusader one, but has anyone else had issues with removing the screw on the VFC one? I kid you not, spent 6 hours trying to remove it. It stripped, so I used a torx bit, stripped it more. I dremmeled a notch, used a flathead and got it half out until it stripped. I JB welded a bit to the screw and it still would not come out, just sheared the head off so I left it and JB welded the new feed ramp in lol.

Magwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2014, 22:05   #334
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock0 View Post
Consider me konverted.

nice! Where did you get yours?
Old November 17th, 2014, 22:18   #335
turok_t

Sneak peak at my custom stock adaptor to fit 416C stock... Almost done now..

Last edited by turok_t; November 18th, 2014 at 22:42..
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2014, 22:36   #336
N_Force

you got it because of you like the gun or the stock? Lol. But for sure it is a nice solid small piece. How's the full auto?

Quote:
Consider me konverted.

Old November 17th, 2014, 22:37   #337
N_Force

Yea! waiting for pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post

Old November 17th, 2014, 22:41   #338
N_Force

replace the cylinder and fine tune the nozzle is a must. Big difference tho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magwell View Post
Her fellas, swapped out my cylinder for the Crusader one and lightly sanded/lubed the moving parts (Wow, what a difference!) I also replaced my feeding ramp with the Crusader one, but has anyone else had issues with removing the screw on the VFC one? I kid you not, spent 6 hours trying to remove it. It stripped, so I used a torx bit, stripped it more. I dremmeled a notch, used a flathead and got it half out until it stripped. I JB welded a bit to the screw and it still would not come out, just sheared the head off so I left it and JB welded the new feed ramp in lol.

Old November 17th, 2014, 23:07   #339
cookedham

Quote:
Consider me konverted.

Full auto is amazing on this little SMG lol

great gun from VFC, I am loving it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1067.jpg (1.28 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1061.jpg (1.23 MB, 9 views)

Secondary: StarkArms G19,PPQ,M&P9
cookedham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2014, 23:08   #340
cookedham

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post

Almost done? N_force did it awhile ago lol

Secondary: StarkArms G19,PPQ,M&P9
cookedham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2014, 23:27   #341
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookedham View Post
Almost done? N_force did it awhile ago lol
Did you not think that i noticed his ideas from all the previous posts? Based on his pictures, he used 2 castle nuts to stabilize the buffer tube, but I devised a different method, removing that need for 2 castle nuts and kept the buffer pad from the existing VFC MP5k.

Last edited by turok_t; November 18th, 2014 at 01:28..
Old November 17th, 2014, 23:41   #342
brock0

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Force View Post
you got it because of you like the gun or the stock? Lol. But for sure it is a nice solid small piece. How's the full auto?
Full auto is freaking sweet. Nice recoil and loud!

Solid gun, feels great in the hands and that HK slap
brock0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 23:45   #343
turok_t

..:::TUROK'S MP5K STOCK ADAPTOR MODIFICATION GUIDE:::.

Here is a summary of the modifications in adapting the rear stock adaptor to accommodate a 416C retractable stock for the VFC MP5K. At first, the task was daunting given the number/level of difficulties and contingencies involved, but when there is a will, there is a always a way. My planning and execution had to be impeccable, not some half-assed croaked DIY that is held on by glue that ends up like a croaked broom stick. After a lot of planning here are the major steps I took. Here are the 2 items I used:

Action MP5K Stock Adaptor for Marui AEG

AABB HK416C style stock

Note: TSC has also released Type A and Type B VFC/WE MP5K stock adaptor; however, it doesn't allow the 416C endplate sling loop to be attached. Also, these were not considered as it made the stock adaptor stick out more from the MP5K rear.

Using the Action MP5K stock adaptor as the base for my rear stock adaptor, it had to be heavily modded. Given that the middle section of the rear surface is raised (look above), the 416C sling loop endplate will have a gap when placed over the stock adaptor. As such, the entire raised platform was required to be removed. I pretty much milled out this section by hand.

The surface was more refined to a smooth finish, and cracks/crevices were filled with JB weld for a more even surface. You can image the degree of difficulty in removing material from around the tabs that secure the buffer tube in place, and yet it had to be completely flat for the endplate sling loop to sit flat.

On the other side of the Action stock adaptor, the pin holes are housed within the raised posts as shown below. However, given the narrow size of these posts and diameter of the pin holes, there is some movement when the rear VFC pins are placed through.

These were subsequently removed and grinded down. I wasn't too concerned with the overall final finishing as it would be covered up anyways.

The surface was further refined and leveled to ensure that the endplate sling loop would sit completely flat against the adaptor with no gap.

Next, the entire plastic VFC buffer block was removed from the PDW stock. The goal was to use this buffer block to adapt it to the stock adaptor. In order for it to fit, the entire back portion of the buffer block had to be removed. But this wasn't simple, because the entire surface needs to be completely flat and modified to just the right height. Failure to do so can cause the buffer block to sit croaked/angled against the stock adaptor, which in turn will render the 416C stock croaked as well against the main body of the gun. On the other hand, if the depth of the buffer block was too low/high, the pin holes will not align, or there will be a gap between the body of the gun and the stock adaptor.

Here is a picture of the buffer block (secured by both rear pins) being test fitted for depth within the MP5K. Notice how the surface is completely flat.

Now that the hard part is done, the next step was to mill a crater in the stock adaptor to accommodate the flat screw post that secures the yellow buffer in place.

Here it is, the screw post sits perfectly within the crater, and lies perfectly flushed against the surface of the stock adaptor.

To secure the buffer block onto the stock adaptor, I retained the original two hex screws from the buffer block, drilled two holes onto the stock adaptor and tapped threads into these holes.

The two holes that were drilled above need to align perfectly with the holes on the buffer block. If I messed this up, the buffer block would not sit aligned on the stock adaptor, and hence, would mess up the alignment of the stock with the body. I had one shot to do it correctly or else everything I've done thus far goes down the drain. Here is the result.

Once that was completed, the entire stock adaptor was further refined with 220, 400, 800, 1000 and 1500 grit sandpaper in preparation for airbrushing.

Here is the stock adaptor after one coat of Duracoat HK black paint. Again, wasn't too concerned with the finish as it would be concealed at the end, but nonetheless, not bad.

After the painting, the two screws that secured the buffer block on the stock adaptor were shortened so they were flushed against the stock adaptor. Again, if the two screws were protruding, it would block the sling loop endplate from lying flush against the stock adaptor.

Time to test out the fitment and durability of the buffer block against the stock adaptor using the two screws. So far, looks good.

Next, a longer screw was used to secure the entire 416C stock against the stock adaptor. Note that the screw holder from the stock adaptor was used and not the one from the 416C stock.

Finally, the screw holder from the 416C stock was shortened as it was raised when placed on top of the screw holder from the stock adaptor.

The last step was to modify the lower rear pin in order to accommodate the sliding stock when it retracts. After the mod, it looked like it was CNC milled with a unique/smooth finish, so I decided to leave it unpainted.

Here is the final product, with everything secured and attached. Although it took many hours to get this far, it was worth it because it had to be perfect. Failure was not, and will not be an option for me.

Here is my current MP5K setup, ran a few hundred rounds and everything is rock solid, no wobbles nor deviations. Stock sits parallel with the body of the gun. I did not add any lights or rails, as it makes the MP5K appear too congested/futuristic which is not my preference. I preferred something simple, tactical and streamlined with a flushed top and slightly longer front end.

Last edited by turok_t; October 6th, 2017 at 21:29..
Old November 25th, 2014, 13:20   #344
Leo Pham

hi all!

I'm looking for a Angry Gun outer barrel with +14mm threading flash hider to be able to mount a tracer unit. does any of you guys has it for sale or know where I can buy it from?
Leo Pham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2014, 13:36   #345
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Pham View Post
hi all!

I'm looking for a Angry Gun outer barrel with +14mm threading flash hider to be able to mount a tracer unit. does any of you guys has it for sale or know where I can buy it from?
The AG outer barrel no longer exists you won't be able to get it. The +14mm threading you will need to buy the original VFC one.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion