Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft/Real Firearm owners, need your help

:

General

Old February 8th, 2011, 15:04   #31
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
Dude Just stop feeding the CGN trolls. Saying that you are trying to prevent bad Airsoft publicity while generating negitave Airsoft publicity on a nationally monitored Firearm web site is like fucking for Virginity.
Without any of the fun of fucking.
Old February 8th, 2011, 15:19   #32
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Without any of the fun of fucking.
or the 7 day antibiotic treatments.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 15:42   #33
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
or the 7 day antibiotic treatments.
Does this rash look weird?
Old February 8th, 2011, 16:02   #34
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Does this rash look weird?
looks like a naked Abraham Lincoln....
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 16:37   #35
Metalsynth

I dont get this topic.

Airsoft is based on the fact that they look like the real deal.

What is there to proove about handling them in a respectable fashion with these pics?

You point at a guy with something that remotely looks like a gun in public and you'll reap what you sow.

What more is there to understand?

Certified Level 2 BA Sniper
Si ton épée est trop courte, allonge la d'un pas. ( Proverbe Hongrois )
Metalsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 16:39   #36
Cujo101

Send a message via AIM to Cujo101 Send a message via MSN to Cujo101
Not a damn thing lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalsynth View Post
I dont get this topic.

What is there to proove about handling them in a respectable fashion with these pics?

You point at a guy with something that remotely looks like a gun in public and you'll reap what you sow.

Cujo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 16:42   #37
Drache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalsynth View Post
I dont get this topic.

The father only understands the stuff in Walmart and CT. He doesn't understand that the Tokyo Marui his son wants isn't the same thing. Dad is ready to buy it for his son because that's what his son wants to go play with his friends.

I've tried explaining they are 1:1 copies of the real firearms and that some even have the same markings as the real thing. He just doesn't seem to grasp that.
Old February 8th, 2011, 16:48   #38
Belaslav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache View Post
The father only understands the stuff in Walmart and CT. He doesn't understand that the Tokyo Marui his son wants isn't the same thing. Dad is ready to buy it for his son because that's what his son wants to go play with his friends.

I've tried explaining they are 1:1 copies of the real firearms and that some even have the same markings as the real thing. He just doesn't seem to grasp that.
Just tell him that the firearm looks real enough for his son to get arrested and/or shot by a police officer. If that doesn't get through to him, I don't know what will.
Belaslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 16:49   #39
Rugger_can

Quote:

Dude, leave well enough alone, you are not Airsoft's PR man on GunNutz nor are you savior of the free world. You gave the guy your opinion, he ignored it. Simple as that.

At this point your doing more harm and putting more bad press on airsoft then his retarded child ever could. By running around a website frequented by Antis and free associating our TOYS with real firearms.

So do us all a favor and knock it off.
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 16:51   #40
L473ncy

Quote:

I'm guessing this is the kind of person who spoils their kid and buys them whatever they want and don't supervise them when it clearly says use only under direct adult supervision if under __ years old. Also the kind of person to blame everyone except the person who's actually responsible or should be accountable?

Is this in your town or something? If so then just call the cops saying some kids are running around with what appear to be "military grade machine gun sniper baby puppy kitten and seal killing assault rifles".

If this is on a forum or something then not much you can do. Really the only thing you could do is link to news articles about kids getting shot/killed and arrests/charges being laid.
Old February 8th, 2011, 16:55   #41
Forever_kaos

You can only help those willing to be helped, he obviously is not wanting.

Move on.
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 17:01   #42
Drache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugger_can View Post
Dude, leave well enough alone, you are not Airsoft's PR man on GunNutz nor are you savior of the free world. You gave the guy your opinion, he ignored it. Simple as that.

At this point your doing more harm and putting more bad press on airsoft then his retarded child ever could. By running around a website frequented by Antis and free associating our TOYS with real firearms.

So do us all a favor and knock it off.
A car website is full of antis?

Also you may think of these as "just toys" but some of them have FRT numbers. Then some have even been sold on these very forums which were capable with the turn of a knob on becoming firearms.

When I use my airsoft guns, I treat them as if they were real firearms and follow the same rules.

Sorry if my way of thinking which was taught to me on this very forum 6 years ago is a little archaic now....

Last edited by Drache; February 8th, 2011 at 17:10..
Old February 8th, 2011, 17:33   #43
Rugger_can

No, you follow safe handling procedures to minimize exposure of your toys to the eyes of people unaware that they are infact toys, and you use basic firearms safety handling steps to ensure that no accidental discharges occur whilst using your toys before the start of a game.

They are toys my friend, a toy that can be easily mistaken for a live firearm by almost anyone.

Also by your logic all metal pipes of sufficiently small inside diameters should be considered firearms as they could potentially be converted into rudimentary firearms by someone with the inclination to do so?

What Im saying is that by insisting that they are not toys and by focusing on the possibility of a negative outcome your enthusiasm is generating possible negative backlash.

Although I do apologize as I was under the impression the discussion in question was on CGN and not a "car forum" that was my oversight and I accept that I made a mistake in that regard.

I think Drake put it best and frankly I suppose my additional comments beyond what has already been said are for naught.

Cheers
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 17:43   #44
Drache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugger_can View Post
They are toys my friend, a toy that can be easily mistaken for a live firearm by almost anyone.

Also by your logic all metal pipes of sufficiently small inside diameters should be considered firearms as they could potentially be converted into rudimentary firearms by someone with the inclination to do so?
Yes even a pipe can BECOME a firearm. But there is AIRSOFT that has their own FIREARM REFERENCE TABLE numbers and yet technically are NOT powerful to be classified as firearms by the firearms act.

The moment airsoft started being assigned FRT numbers then they stopped being "just toys" in most cases.

Last edited by Drache; February 8th, 2011 at 17:46..
Old February 8th, 2011, 18:00   #45
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Yes even a pipe can BECOME a firearm. But there is AIRSOFT that has their own FIREARM REFERENCE TABLE numbers and yet technically are NOT powerful to be classified as firearms by the firearms act.

The moment airsoft started being assigned FRT numbers then they stopped being "just toys" in most cases.

preaching to the Choir here... and your breath is wasted on the guy buying the gun for his kid.

and... they are toys.. that look like guns ..and they are dangerous if used incorrectly .. so for safety sake , treat them like a real gun and you won't go wrong.

However... invoking the call of the "mall Ninja" on CGN and uttering the word "airsoft" will just shitcan your rep there.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General