Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Best M249 Out there

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 26th, 2009, 15:49   #1
Zekk05

Send a message via ICQ to Zekk05 Send a message via AIM to Zekk05 Send a message via MSN to Zekk05 Send a message via Yahoo to Zekk05
Best M249 Out there

So Ive been out of the airsoft scene for a while. Someone asked me the other day what the best M249 on the market was seeing as I spent a season on one, and I couldnt even answer them properly! got me thinking... so,

What do you guys think the best brand M249 is out there to date. And im not talkin value, im talkin over all quality. The CA249 was okay, but the air nozzle seemed to be a big problem, makin them hard to work with
Old October 26th, 2009, 15:56   #2
Amos

Frank says G&P's M249

Never looked at one myself, but apparently it uses a standard V2 mechbox... Only down side is that it can't use AR magazines.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 17:05   #3
KenC

Send a message via MSN to KenC
Also the G&P M249's safety switches do not work.

I vote for the CA M249

Ken
Old October 26th, 2009, 17:16   #4
Brakoo

I own a CA 249 and I used to own a Star. I've seen some friends with Top and G&P aswell. To me it feels that the CA is the best choice out there since their mechboxes are rock solid and they're pretty good out of the box.

Brakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 17:20   #5
Crunchmeister

I'd say CA is the best option of the ones I've seen. I rock an A&K (which is a CA clone) and in terms of its internal design and mechbox, it's about as solid as it gets. The CA is even better internally, and MUCH better externally. It gets my vote. Then again, I'm a huge fan of anything CA, as they produce some really great stuff for the price.
Old October 26th, 2009, 17:23   #6
submarineman

Send a message via MSN to submarineman
I have a CA M249 Para and i love it. I messsed up the piston, by my own fault twice. Other than that It works like a charm, I scare the bad guys with the rain of bb's on them, LiPo even works better.

Dolphin code 37
``Submariners have bigger balls``
submarineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 18:16   #7
Zekk05

Send a message via ICQ to Zekk05 Send a message via AIM to Zekk05 Send a message via MSN to Zekk05 Send a message via Yahoo to Zekk05
I originally played on a CA249 and every CA user I knew (including myself) had the same problem. The air nozzle would break and that was the end of the gun. REplacement 249 air nozzles werent made the same as the stock ones and basically translated to FPS loss in the 75 - 150fps range. ONe of our best gun techs spent months working on his, had to use a 450fps spring to get 350 fps out of it.
Old October 26th, 2009, 18:47   #8
Cheeseman

In all honesty I would rate the CA as the best out there. I own a A&K M249 (CA clone) and my friend has a CA M249 and personally I can't tell the difference between the two, but one thing I did notice was that the hop-up assembly on mine wasn't performing as well, so I'm sure there are a few other areas the CA shines even more. As for the G&P M249 I haven't seen it in person myself, but that V2 gearbox is a big turn-off compared to the monster inside the CA/A&K M249's.
Cheeseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 23:36   #9
RaisinBran

I knew a guy with a CA M249, he let me use his STAR one for a couple of days, then his CA.

I prefer the CA over the STAR day but the STAR is decent.
JG M4A1
RaisinBran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 01:09   #10
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Inokatsu M249 is a BEAST.

Theirs also a new one with a GBB drop in kit, not sure which one it is.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 01:16   #11
Brakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
Inokatsu M249 is a BEAST.

Theirs also a new one with a GBB drop in kit, not sure which one it is.
I've seen and handled an Inokatsu M60 but I never heard anything about them having a M249 in their lineup. You have a link to that ?

Brakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 02:29   #12
BORDENSNIPER

I own a CAM249 MKII, I have gone through a couple of thousand rounds with a madbull piston and it is showing very little wear after a few thousand rounds. Everything on this gun is solid as a rock, the gerabox can probably destroy an M1Abrams tank in durability.

G&P's M249 are a joke, why would u buy a huge gun thats is supposed to be a support weapon with a V2 gearbox? thats just ridiculous.

Ive used and played with a A&K m249, and there is almost no difference, although it does fall short on its idiotic hopup rubber and certain casting flaws with its hopup. everything else is almost a 100% copy.

if u can get ur hands on a CA then do it and pay the extra price for the perk of knowing that u own one of the bst airsoft 249's, but if u are money smart and dont care about a stupid bran name, then get the A&K 249 and drop in a new hopup into it...simple as cake.

cheers
BORDENSNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 02:53   #13
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakoo View Post
I've seen and handled an Inokatsu M60 but I never heard anything about them having a M249 in their lineup. You have a link to that ?
You are right it was a Inokatsu M60 that i saw. Beast of a gun...
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 03:25   #14
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORDENSNIPER View Post
G&P's M249 are a joke, why would u buy a huge gun thats is supposed to be a support weapon with a V2 gearbox? thats just ridiculous.
My G&P has gone through over 200,000 rounds in the same G&P mechbox shell, no signs of breaking yet
And the plastic box mag survived getting landed on after tripping at full speed. That alone is a freakin marvel.
There's NO 249 that has a tougher body than a G&P, and that includes the bipod. Not to mention its the only 249 with a reinforced carrying handle, and the only 249 that's real steel weight

But if all you want is pot metal built around a rock solid mechbox and a wobbly bipod then go buy a CA
Obviously the internals will wear out before your shell does, no doubt about that!
CA's good, but it's still just #2, just like their line of M4s

And don't even get me started on A&K, it's one level above STAR, mechbox is better, but it's just as tough as the plastic 249
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 12:49   #15
jakster

Might as well speak up to the TOP, I've had mine for a while and it is a solid all metal gun BUT it's not for a beginner. It needs alot of TLC to get it to where you need it to be but once it's dialed in it's a strong solid gun. I've completely rebuilt mine and if you want a gun that is as close to the real steal than this is a good option. If you want one just to play with where you don't have to worry about taking it apart to clean and update than the CA seems to be good option.
Just my 2 cents
Jakster
jakster is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion