AKstravaganza!

:

Airsoft Media

Old May 12th, 2013, 10:21   #421
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Shit... You should have to an impression of a Russian cop with a 45 rounder. Because nobody else but them uses AKSU these days. I fired the SU. SU is really, I mean really loud, you fire 5 round burst in the room and people will go deaf... It has a kick and inaccurate past pistol range on semi. Things will fly really far but hitting stuff your are aiming at is big problem with that gun. Actually, one of it's names back home is "Suchka" - "Bitch". I guess those tank/helo crews didn't come up with it for no reason. So no 45 rd mags for it unless some cop stashed one or two after Chechen tour. Or a stupid bank robber
Oh, its still kickin' around on the frontlines and stuff.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...1qx3.jpg/?sa=0
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...2jw2.jpg/?sa=0
http://imageshack.us/a/img600/6295/0...056b09orig.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...kcet3zcuu.jpg/

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 14:11   #422
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Shit... You should have to an impression of a Russian cop with a 45 rounder. Because nobody else but them uses AKSU these days. I fired the SU. SU is really, I mean really loud, you fire 5 round burst in the room and people will go deaf... It has a kick and inaccurate past pistol range on semi. Things will fly really far but hitting stuff your are aiming at is big problem with that gun. Actually, one of it's names back home is "Suchka" - "Bitch". I guess those tank/helo crews didn't come up with it for no reason. So no 45 rd mags for it unless some cop stashed one or two after Chechen tour. Or a stupid bank robber
I fully agree, the SU is a piece of shit. I've fired 47, AKM, 74/74M and the AKS-74U.

The AKS-74U is one of the worst rifles/carbines I've ever shot, even with earpro it was loud. I don't even like airsoft ones anymore lol.

Airsoft ones....... none of this really applies beyond them looking like a dwarf ak :P
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified

Last edited by Gato; May 12th, 2013 at 14:14..
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 15:38   #423

First pic looks like airsoft Second looks like Osetin/Georgian conflict in 2008 where locals used whatever they had to fight Georgians. Third pic I can't say but guy with AKSU has FSB patch on his belt. Fourth might be airsoft too. Don't let armored vehicles to fool you. Back home it's common practice to have a couple of them at large games.
P.S I actually like airsoft version, own a VFC one
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 17:29   #424
Latvian291
a.k.a. Submachinehead

Quote:
First pic looks like airsoft Second looks like Osetin/Georgian conflict in 2008 where locals used whatever they had to fight Georgians. Third pic I can't say but guy with AKSU has FSB patch on his belt. Fourth might be airsoft too. Don't let armored vehicles to fool you. Back home it's common practice to have a couple of them at large games.
P.S I actually like airsoft version, own a VFC one
I've definitely seen 45 round mags on redalliance in various ak-74s in russian service. Not ak-74su tho
Old May 12th, 2013, 20:32   #425

No argument about RPK mags with full sized AK's. AKSU is a different story. People who have free access to F/A stuff, 45rd mags etc. and need a CQB weapon would probably go for a 9mm SMG instead of AKSU. I've seen enough of "police action" back home during early/mid 90's. Most camo wearing "big boys" had 7.62mm AK's. I only saw AKSU's in hands of traffic enforcement and street patrols. Both branches are classified as useless, greedy idiots even by Russian standards
Old May 12th, 2013, 22:10   #426
Disco_Dante

Quote:
No argument about RPK mags with full sized AK's. AKSU is a different story. People who have free access to F/A stuff, 45rd mags etc. and need a CQB weapon would probably go for a 9mm SMG instead of AKSU. I've seen enough of "police action" back home during early/mid 90's. Most camo wearing "big boys" had 7.62mm AK's. I only saw AKSU's in hands of traffic enforcement and street patrols. Both branches are classified as useless, greedy idiots even by Russian standards
My impression was also that the 74u was primarily issued to street cops, almost like their version of a mossberg in the trunk.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 22:20   #427
Off_kilter

I bought a PBS-1 from Huang(airsoftdepot.ca) but the bbs hit the inside of it(from a VFC AKMS). Any tips to rectify this?

Its on tight and doesnt wobble.(does this with hop up in any position)
Old May 12th, 2013, 22:21   #428
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_kilter View Post
I bought a PBS-1 from Huang(airsoftdepot.ca) but the bbs hit the inside of it(from a VFC AKMS). Any tips to rectify this?

Its on tight and doesnt wobble.(does this with hop up in any position)
Have the same issue with mine on my Real Sword. I tried putting an AEG spring inside to hold the foam in-place in case that was the issue. Adjusting the hop-up to a certain point does seem to rectify it occasionally.

Old May 12th, 2013, 22:23   #429
Off_kilter

mine doesnt have foam
Old May 12th, 2013, 22:26   #430
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Hm. You could always try to enlarge the exit hole on the suppressor so the bbs have a wider area to travel through... that or get a longer inner barrel :/. I'm under the same dilemma.

Old May 12th, 2013, 22:31   #431
Off_kilter

i'll probably go with a longer barrel :/ so much for sneaky suppressed ak
Old May 12th, 2013, 23:23   #432

Got my PBS years ago so I don't remember the brand but I had the same issue. Tried increasing a size of business end hole with a dremel, didn't help much. Used longer barrel for a some time but than I just said "screw PBS" and it went to the box along with long barrel where it's been sitting for the past 6-7 years Unless you really want to have that 80's Afghan silenced AKM/AKMS look or making sort of a dmr thing out of AK and want to fit PSG 1 length barrel in it just stick to good old "non silenced" AK
Disco_Dante, it was made to arm crews and airborne in 80s. Crews still like APS more since it has 20 round mags, capable of F/A fire, has similar effective range but a lot smaller and doesn't have to be carried in hand during emergency exit. Airborne like AKS74/AKMS better because of accuracy/noise level. AKSU was produced up until mid 90's if I'm not mistaken and issued to cops and second line troops who most likely would never have to fire a weapon. There are still plenty of those guns to go around so you never know who Russian government will arm with AKSU next All old ladies guarding "strategic" installations back in the day had freaking mosin carbines and nagants. Maybe in 10 years they will have SU's in their hands No joke, my mom worked as an accountant at the color metal plant, I had to pass one of those old ladies armed with a rifle every time I came by
Old May 13th, 2013, 00:28   #433
Off_kilter

Why I want a GHK ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Qk1Qv2hOFog
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:46   #434
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

Does anyone make a scope mount compatible with the RS Type 56?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 10:23   #435
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

AFAIK.... nope. You are pretty much limited to using railed hand guards or tapping the receiver yourself to put a scope mount on.

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media