Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

My TorontoAirsoft.com review

:

Reviews

Old May 7th, 2013, 09:13   #76
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Toronto airsoft is a growing company as such they are going through a growth spurts, unfortunately being one of the biggest airsoft retailer here in Canada Frank is a bit understaffed right now especially with all the products he have in the back storage area. Hiring the proper staff takes time, time that he does not have due to the large amount of products coming in and unfortunately inventory all that new stuff takes a buttload of his time. Customers are always in the right but sometime customers just got to give a company sometime to readjust and reevaluate.
Only if you guys can see what I've seen in the back area then you will understand what I mean by a buttload of his time is needed more in the back than the front.

Last edited by wildcard; May 7th, 2013 at 09:18..
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 09:35   #77
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
Never had any issues with things bought from TA, however I would agree their customer service could be greatly improved. Being told to take a number and wait my turn is understandable, but if I wait 45 minutes I should be able to tend to all matters I have when its my turn. I shouldn't be told that if I have more than two things I need to wait and take another number when the three people in front of me spent 15 minutes each shmoosing through the entire store because they went there without actually knowing what they want. However, this is my only issue with them. I have since been going to Huang for all my stuff as he is always open to letting me try things out and exchange them if its not working out for me, and he is always open to hashing out deals, which I love. Also, much closer to Stouffville which plays in my favor, but I think if you're looking for an actual rifle/carbine/pistol and maybe mags, TA is good for that, however I think for odds and ends, gear, accessories, etc etc.. is best purchased elsewhere as you'll drive yourself nuts trying to get all your questions answered because of how swamped the TA staff always seem to be. TA is also good if you need a gun doc, but just a tad on the pricey side IMO. I guess the phrase of this tangent is to pick your spots.

Last edited by Zack The Ripper; May 7th, 2013 at 09:37..
Zack The Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:23   #78
Swattiger

TA has great variety and always take the lead in bringing in new and different stuff. But if you plan to go to their shop, try weekdays and non-rush hours, it is much better. It you want to go during weekend, you better know exactly what you want and make sure it is in stock.

I hope they can honour their point system to walk-in customers as well.
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 12:18   #79
Laurel
a.k.a. mak11

Not only that but they need to have some staff with airsoft knowledge. Example, I went in knowing that I needed a few puches and whoever helped me there did not know what pouches were what when I asked what they had in stock and said " I do not play so, I do not know" which does not instill confidence at all... specially when buying something more pricy than just some puches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swattiger View Post
TA has great variety and always take the lead in bringing in new and different stuff. But if you plan to go to their shop, try weekdays and non-rush hours, it is much better. It you want to go during weekend, you better know exactly what you want and make sure it is in stock.

I hope they can honour their point system to walk-in customers as well.
Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 12:22   #80
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
Not only that but they need to have some staff with airsoft knowledge. Example, I went in knowing that I needed a few puches and whoever helped me there did not know what pouches were what when I asked what they had in stock and said " I do not play so, I do not know" which does not instill confidence at all... specially when buying something more pricy than just some puches.
wow, thats pretty sad

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 16:51   #81
darchard123

I'm not age verified yet so not sure my comments count based on other threads I have seen, anyway I'm 34) LOL! Hoping to get age verified soon at one of the local stores.

Anyway I'm new to airsoft (not new to shooting etc) and I popped by TA, and they were very helpful! Yes you had to take a ticket, but hey whatever gave me some time to look around and see what the store had to offer, very cool I thought! When I finally got assistance they gave me lots of support gave me details on what equipment I needed etc to start playing. I explained my budget and they directed me in the right directions (I did more research after the visit to confirm this).

I haven't purchased yet, as I never purchase or get in to anything until I fully understand what I’m doing (wasting money, time and enjoyment is something I don't like), which is why I visited the store, to gain more insight.

Anyway after reading the comments I was surprised about the bad experiences.

I do plan to go back to the store to make a purchase hopefully it will be a good experience like before.

Last edited by darchard123; May 11th, 2013 at 18:50..
darchard123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 20:43   #82
nichtessen

I've had no problems with TA.

Been to their store 3 times now in person. Think I dealt with the same guy each time. Was friendly fast and polite and chit chated abit of what I was working on and looking to do. Gave me some helpful hints too.

Ordered from their store twice online and still no problem. Comes package nicely and haven't had a issue yet.

Over all 4/5 Lose a point because of some of the stuff I've wanted has been out of stock for 3-4months. :/
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:10   #83
tomsoderman

anyone know a discount code for their site?
tomsoderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:31   #84
Kyrativ

I've had some issues with my order from them.
I ordered a G&P m870 tactical stock and pistol grip, some ACM folding sights, and 2 7.4 lipo's. In the mail I got the 2 batteries, the folding sights, although the front sight post was missing, and a G&P m870 pistol grip with sling. I sent an inquiry so I could get it sorted out, they told me to send the pistol grip back via Canada post CoD. I did this and sent them the tracking number. Weeks go by and I hear nothing, then one day I get my pistol grip with sling back in the mail! I send another message on the previous thread and again haven't heard anything. I sent a brand new inquiry today and plainly told them that all I wanted was the right product and I would do whatever they need for me to get it. I'll update if/when I get a reply.
Kyrativ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:43   #85
Acid44

Sounds like they have some pretty bad service if you don't pick it up in person.

Taking a number was a pain in the ass, but when I went things were pretty quick. There were about 5 people ahead of me, all were dealt with pretty quickly, and the guy who saw me found my order, showed me how to work it, and we were done in about 2 minutes. The only thing that annoyed me a bit was that he took off the stock to test the AEG (because he used his own battery and the compartment has a screw in it) without showing me how. So for the next 2 days I thought he just worked some asian witchcraft.
Old May 11th, 2013, 18:49   #86
darchard123

hi all,

I just wanted to follow up on my previous comment. I went in to the store today after gathering (finally) my money and again amazing service! they were very helpful and had lots of patience with me making my first AEG purchase. They hooked me up with everything I needed and helped me get firing today!

Very, very happy with the service and I will be going back again for sure!

One final thing...I used to race r/c and it like airsoft it is a very small and niche sport/hobby and for a shop to take the time to give me a full walk through and help set me up is excellent. Doing this helps new people get in to the sport and in turn will help keep the sport alive. So if you're in this or any other airsoft shop and a new guy is talking up a shops time don't get mad at the shop, remember, you were new once too!

anyway...TA nice work, love the shop and the service! thank you so much for all your help, see you soon!

Last edited by darchard123; May 11th, 2013 at 18:52..
Old May 15th, 2013, 11:10   #87
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

So this is the first time I've actually bought a gun from a retailer since like....2006 lol
And it's not even for me!

Anyway, I had no issues. Order was sent out quickly, got to my door in about 2 business days, everything was there. Shipping time was pretty impressive actually.
I'd do business with them again for sure
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 12:43   #88
mzo

I have purchased products in store and online from TA and I have had no problems.
However if you do go to the store when it's busy, and it can get pretty busy at times, then you shouldn't expect the staff to be able to spend much time with you. However if you go on a day when it's not busy then you will have all your questions, which they can answer, answered.

A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe - Pierre Berton
mzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 19:14   #89
Cornf1ake

I have made about 3 orders in the last few months from them. So far no issues. Very fast shipping and free over 300 dollars. Placing another order on Friday in fact.. Just wish I had a coupon code...
Cornf1ake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2013, 13:02   #90
darchard123

Hi all,

Just wanted to do another follow up...I keep going back to TA, and i keep getting great service! every single time! Granted sometimes it is a ‘sardine can’ in the shop due to the massive amount of customers, but i always like to look around anyway plan for the next purchase so...Oh and taking a ticket makes sense to me for when they are really busy. As I know if I were behind the counter I simply couldn’t track who was next in line when the shop is filled with people (it really does get well busy)! so really great job TA for trying to keep things efficient, it’s appreciated!

I think TA is a fantastic shop, they provide great service and I look forward to going there each time. Without TA i would have for sure wasted money and not got myself set up properly.

The guys there are wicked! Very cool with lots desire to help. So when something goes wrong with an online order and you’re out of province and have no idea who you’re dealing with, I can assure you after going there many times these lads are solid and I'm 110% certain they did not mean to make a mistake and they are really more than happy to help.

Anyway cheers TA for everything keep up the good work, you’re the best!

Last edited by darchard123; June 4th, 2013 at 13:08..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews