Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FPS

:

General

Old September 2nd, 2011, 17:51   #31
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
I preffer, greatly, the 350fps rule for CQB but have played many 400 fps CQB games. That is where i draw the line however and you'll never see me at a 400fps CQB game without face protection.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2011, 18:15   #32
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by anphelproject View Post
I also have read some fields will allow for snipers to go to 450 even read one field 500....
BA rifles are a diferent story, I run a 512fps rifle, but I cant and wont shot anyone closer then 100ft, and almost never in the head/feace area unless they are wearing full face protection, and even then probably not.
Plus consider I will fire one round at a target, hit or miss said target wont have a stream of BB's flying at them.
Also those who use such high fps rifles have taken some kind of safety and compitance course, ran by a respected member to let the community know they will operate safely with higher fps limits. Some old timers run 550-600ish even more maybe, who knows they use it safely and that is down to experiance.
Dont get me wrong, I'd love to see the "community limit" increased to maybe 450fps on .20 but it has been decided way befor my time, and is safe and works well, so whats the point in arguing.

I think perhaps tho the field limit there is just 400 on .25's it is there porogative to set their own limits, but I agree it they are doing it thinking it is just as safe, that is just sad.

EDIT: i am reffering to outdoor limits
350 is more than enough for 0-80ft engagements with no brush to fight with
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 23:48   #33
Wetmelon

Send a message via Skype™ to Wetmelon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
BA rifles are a diferent story, I run a 512fps rifle, but I cant and wont shot anyone closer then 100ft, and almost never in the head/feace area unless they are wearing full face protection, and even then probably not.
Plus consider I will fire one round at a target, hit or miss said target wont have a stream of BB's flying at them.
Also those who use such high fps rifles have taken some kind of safety and compitance course, ran by a respected member to let the community know they will operate safely with higher fps limits. Some old timers run 550-600ish even more maybe, who knows they use it safely and that is down to experiance.
Dont get me wrong, I'd love to see the "community limit" increased to maybe 450fps on .20 but it has been decided way befor my time, and is safe and works well, so whats the point in arguing.

I think perhaps tho the field limit there is just 400 on .25's it is there porogative to set their own limits, but I agree it they are doing it thinking it is just as safe, that is just sad.

EDIT: i am reffering to outdoor limits
350 is more than enough for 0-80ft engagements with no brush to fight with
You'll have to come to the states then... As I posted earlier, 450 limit for AEGs (30ft MED) and 550 for BA (75ft MED).
Wetmelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 11:51   #34
Jamroxorz
Jamroz

From the reviews on my gun, everyone was saying it shoots around 430-460 fps stock. I took the time and effort to research and learn how to change the spring myself, and I bought a M100 spring and changed my guns stock spring myself. It's not that hard for people to spend sometime to ensure they follow the rules, they were set there to make the game enjoyable for everyone.
Jamroxorz is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General