Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Year Of The GBBR....or just a stinky smell that's passing through...

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 10th, 2009, 14:16   #196
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVORKIAN View Post
WE SCAR
Here is what I think is causing all the broken stock hinge plates (part #66):

This is the plastic stock hinge plate (#66)
- notice the faint vertical lines to the left & right...this is where the recoil rod assembly slams into when the gun is fired.

This is the end of the recoil rod assembly. It sits flush with the end of the receiver so the plastic stock hinge plate can slide over. I know some guys are saying to put a piece of rubber/neoprene between the end of the rod to act as a buffer but I think it would only be a temporary fix!

Upper receiver: Here you can see the bolt (#53) on the left and the recoil spring/rod assembly on the right. Just from my first few shots I knew right away that this guns recoil is way too hard. There is way too much "metal on metal" when it recoils. I believe that the recoil spring is too weak and the bolt is too heavy = BROKEN STOCK HINGE PLATE (#66)

Bolt (#53) & recoil rod & spring assembly: Somehow a buffer needs to be installed between these two parts. This would lessen the shock transferred to the hinge plate. A CNC metal hinge plate would solve this problem and I'm sure it's just a matter of time before that happens!

Bolt (#53) - This is the face of the bolt where it slams into the recoil rod...this thing is HEAVY!
Mind bringing this thing over when you come for your UBR stock tube?

I'd like to take some accurate measurements I have plans brewing!

Ps: Go away Ronan.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 16:20   #197
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Ok, I'm always willing to read more.

Can you link in your threads? I scanned the last two pages of all your posts and am not sure which one(s) you're talking about. (is it the one where you have the pictures of the different receiver/bolt weights?...not the pimp my gun photoshop thing of your GBBR right?)

**edit**
I've also done an advanced search by your username with the keyword "AGM"...but didn't turn up much either. I kind of suck at searching through this forum though...sorry if I've missed the detailed info.

If your useful stuff isn't posted yet...thanks in advance I suppose for posting it eventually.
It's ok, not everyone is good at forum whoring:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=89465
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=89761
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=88542 (look through it)
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=90038 (Posted 1/3 of the info i have, more will be added)

You can go on gasguns.info theirs more stuff there, or wait until i make everything nice and post a big WA/AGM/INO thread.

If your looking for anything specific shoot me a PM.

P.S: You first Amos.

Last edited by Ronan; September 10th, 2009 at 17:20..
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 16:42   #198
Lakonian
kos

Are they using quality materials for the carrier, and recoil rods? Looks a little like monkey metal to me..

Awesome toy regardless, Kev. Looks b-b-b-bootiful.
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 16:52   #199
Ronan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakonian View Post
Are they using quality materials for the carrier, and recoil rods? Looks a little like monkey metal to me..

Awesome toy regardless, Kev. Looks b-b-b-bootiful.
It's all monkey metal Kos. If you want good stuff you need to buy an Inokatsu + aftermarket.

Or deal with the monkey metal and get some ra-tech and G&P steel.
Old September 10th, 2009, 21:18   #200
Karma_

This thread is turning into the Arnie's one already with the amount of stupid posts.

How many WE users have installed the TSC adjustable nozzle? I placed an order for one along with a new charging handle (mine broke). I've heard mixed reviews so far but I'll post up how it works for me when I get it.

Any bb preferences? I've used TSD .28 and noticed a slight dent in the bb after being shot. Some also had slight cracks. I think I'll be upping the weight to at least .30's.

The cost of being legit is high
Karma_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 21:28   #201
Ronan

It's more about the quality of BB's than their weight.

Get some BB Bastards, you won't be disappointed.
Old September 10th, 2009, 21:37   #202
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
It's more about the quality of BB's than their weight.

Get some BB Bastards, you won't be disappointed.

The WE is pretty specific in it s feeding habits.. It needs .3 bbs to manage the ROF to reduce chopped bbs

In a blowback gun there are factors that are not consideratons with a AEG .. Mass of projectile is one of those factors.

Inertial factors with respect to gas volume to accelerate the heavier BB serve as a governor on the cyclic rate.

I think these things are tuned to run optimally with a specific mass bb .. The WE info states clearly to use .30 bbs .. I'm thinking there is a reason for that.. as everyone that has run lighter bbs on propane have had chopped and smashed bbs

I think though that if you run duster you could likely run a lighter load.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 21:54   #203
Ronan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
The WE is pretty specific in it s feeding habits.. It needs .3 bbs to manage the ROF to reduce chopped bbs

In a blowback gun there are factors that are not consideratons with a AEG .. Mass of projectile is one of those factors.

Inertial factors with respect to gas volume to accelerate the heavier BB serve as a governor on the cyclic rate.

I think these things are tuned to run optimally with a specific mass bb .. The WE info states clearly to use .30 bbs .. I'm thinking there is a reason for that.. as everyone that has run lighter bbs on propane have had chopped and smashed bbs

I think though that if you run duster you could likely run a lighter load.
Hmnn quite interesting. I have gone through 0.20, 0.25 and some 0.28 BB's on my AGM and my old WA and they all worked fine.

Thanks for the info.
Old September 11th, 2009, 07:59   #204
m102404
Tys

I've read mixed things about the TSC adjustable nozzle as well. I'm not sure how much of it were guys pissed about not getting every o-ring that was supposed to come with it...and how much was related to actual performance/lack-of.

Alfred's got one coming in...I'll check in with him after he gets it for results.

On another note...for the WE guys who have taken their hopups/barrels apart. Do you have the lime-green hopup rubbers or the new black ones? I wanted to get a couple of replacement rubbers (blowing chopped BBs out the barrel will nick the ticklers on the hopup rubber) and evike had them listed for $5.

Ceasar (sales dude) said that he'd put them into a plain envelope for me...but they were the new black ones. After checking with their tech guys, the word was that the black ones work with the newer 6.025mm (or something like that) chrome tightbores. I suppose the nub sits deeper or shallower in the barrel cut out. Evike doesn't have them listed on their site, but they just got a batch of barrels in 2 days ago.

So...has anyone tried the new black rubbers with the tightbores? without the tightbores? There's mixed (and probably not so favourable) reviews so far on GasGun Info's forum.

Now that I know they have the barrels...I think that I'll put in an order. Anyone else want a new hopup rubber and a tightbore (I know for sure that they had 5 rubbers in stock as of Tuesday).

Tys
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2009, 08:22   #205
KEVORKIAN

I ordered a couple of hop-up rubbers and some other odds & sods for the SCAR, but I did not get a barrel...I might be interested if it's something worth trying!

I SUPPORT THE USE OF SILICA BB BASTARDS!
KEVORKIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2009, 08:58   #206
Hata

Tys, put me in if you are going to order the tightbore.

I just have my WE in last night, maybe I will take a look on the hop-up rubber this weekend.
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2009, 09:12   #207
m102404
Tys

Kev,

did you get the Green ones or the black ones? Where from?

Next week I'm going to see if I can convince Griffin to let me dismantle the front end of his SCAR hopup chamber and nozzle and see if it'll fit into the M4. I think the very end of the inner barrels are the same, but I'm sure the chamber is different as the SCAR is more of a bell shape and the WE is more slender.

This is a big if, but if you do end up taking the hopup chamber/inner barrel assembly out of your SCAR before I get a chance, would you post some pics of that it looks like (inside/outside, complete and disassembled). Pain in the ass...so I'll understand if you don't do that (but I know you'll have it apart soon!! LOL)

Should we start a new WETTI/AWSS/SCAR specific tech thread...and dump all this info there? Or just keep dumping it here?

A buddy of mine is getting the AGM M4...so hopefully we'll be able to put that side by side as well for comparisons. That's a couple of weeks out though.

Tys

Last edited by m102404; September 11th, 2009 at 09:18..
Old September 11th, 2009, 09:41   #208
m102404
Tys

Is anyone going to be offended if I strip out good info from this gen discussion thread, distill it and repost to a WETTI/AWSS Tech thread?

I'm going to assume "No Objections"...since all this has been posted to a public internet forum, but I don't want to step on any toes. Just let me know if I do something out of line (which happens often according to my wife )

There's some great stuff here but it's hard to find it in the dozen plus pages so far. There's also some junk that's not needed or ideally helpful.

Last edited by m102404; September 11th, 2009 at 09:44..
Old September 11th, 2009, 10:14   #209
KEVORKIAN

New thread it is! I'm all for it, cut & paste what you want.
We almost need a dedicated GBBR thread section here on ASC.

I SUPPORT THE USE OF SILICA BB BASTARDS!
KEVORKIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2009, 10:17   #210
m102404
Tys

Asked for a new section yesterday...LOL, we'll see.

Crap this is a lot of work already...I wish you could designate others and allow them to mod a specific thread....
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion