Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

40mm Grenade launchers

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 14th, 2014, 10:53   #31
Kungpow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Canadian View Post
In that video he shows how hard it is to set one of them off with a hockey stick, and that you can hold one of the grenades with an open palm/be standing a foot away from one and be fine when it detonates. He also takes one of their foam dummy rounds to the chest.

What I'm worried about is taking one of the impact activated explosive ones to face or chest. Most people aren't wearing a full paintball mask
I am not sure, but I think in the video he states that when using the 40mm grenades, player should be wearing full face protection. With the ones that go bang, (Reaper Rounds) they have flash powder components in them, so I guess it would be like setting off a firework/firecracker... still It might be bad if someone held one when the timer was ticking.
Kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2014, 12:23   #32
Jo_Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungpow View Post
I am not sure, but I think in the video he states that when using the 40mm grenades, player should be wearing full face protection. With the ones that go bang, (Reaper Rounds) they have flash powder components in them, so I guess it would be like setting off a firework/firecracker... still It might be bad if someone held one when the timer was ticking.
All I want to see is what kind of damage those Reaper rounds can do to a soft target. I know my set up is goggles and a mesh half mask covering from my nose down. If that sucker hits me between the shield and goggles I want to know that its not going to blow both of them off my face and possibly damage my eye sight.

The same could be said for a full face mask. The last thing I'd want is to see one ricochet up off someone's vest and get stuck between their cheek and mask. Or between their battle rattle and body.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I think if someone lost a few fingers or someone's ability to see was removed there would be nothing but problems for the field and for the player who brought it to the game.

TL;DR: all I'm saying is that it needs a bit more safety testing. Though they do ship to Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
RULES

Give your friend the benefit of the doubt and SHOOT HIM AGAIN.

Last edited by Jo_Canadian; October 14th, 2014 at 12:24.. Reason: spelling, grammar.
Jo_Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 21:37   #33
~Ghost~

Send a message via MSN to ~Ghost~
They may ship too Canada BUT I highly doubt anything other then their chalk rounds will make it past customs..... so your pretty safe!! Also maybe consider walk on games and not major milsims.

Theirs nothing worse then when walk on mentalities hating on props or tools(from Milsim styles of play) they haven't used or handled try changing dynamics of an entire game type/style for their fears or personal desires. I'm not opposed to reaper rounds in use, as I know I wouldn't try and nail a guy some where unsafe. So long as the guys using em were safe and I know would take aimed body/lower body impact shots I wouldn't mind at all!!! I think it would add to the realism and overall experience of milsim games and events.
~Ghost~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2014, 07:47   #34
xav1982

Blacksheep milsim just autorised all airsoftpyrotechnics products for their events.
xav1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2014, 13:45   #35
j_march

awesome, i own these and they are sweet
Old November 10th, 2014, 08:23   #36
~Ghost~

Send a message via MSN to ~Ghost~
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_march View Post
awesome, i own these and they are sweet
Hey j_march I was just wondering what kind of rounds you have used in country? Also did you get them past customs/was customs an issue at any point?

All the info you can give would be greatly appreciated!! I'm looking into getting an m320 but don't really wanna drop that cash if it can only be used for the bb showers. That said if your getting these rounds through customs with no issues I would appreciate the info!!

Cheers,
~Ghost~
~Ghost~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2014, 12:24   #37
Theesire
Banned

It would be cool if one of the companies made a custom grenade launcher that ran off HPA and the shells were essentially just cheap tubes filled with BBs, probably one of the only situations I'd go HPA.
Theesire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2014, 22:18   #38
Red62

Personally, I built myself a double-barreled shotgun to fire my 40mm's. It's great for clearing rooms.
**Certified Tornado Tech**Will fix your guns for food and BBs**
Red62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2014, 22:29   #39
siggypoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red62 View Post
Personally, I built myself a double-barreled shotgun to fire my 40mm's. It's great for clearing rooms.

That's exactly the sort of thing I'm drawing schematics for as we speak! Been working on it for a couple of days.

Old December 26th, 2014, 02:22   #40
grantmac

I've been doing some designing for a 40mm shell powered tripwire IED. Something with a little more jam then the spring-action claymore. Nothing produced yet but the design is simple.

-Grant
grantmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 18:27   #41
Kayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theesire View Post
It would be cool if one of the companies made a custom grenade launcher that ran off HPA and the shells were essentially just cheap tubes filled with BBs, probably one of the only situations I'd go HPA.
The used to make one.

http://www.hustlepaintball.com/Metad...mount-Launcher

It was for paintball. But it would be easy to make one that filled with bb's or smoke for that matter.

A problem is a chance for you to do your best.
Duke Ellington
Kayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 19:08   #42
Foxer2373

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantmac View Post
I've been doing some designing for a 40mm shell powered tripwire IED. Something with a little more jam then the spring-action claymore. Nothing produced yet but the design is simple.

-Grant
On my phone so can't link, I bought a trip wire IED from Hero outdoors, not to bad. Runs on a 12g co2 and it has a powder resivior and a blast cap (similar to the tornado grenade ones. It does the job and has a hair trigger just takes time to setup that all.
Foxer2373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 19:57   #43
zombiesniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock0 View Post
I got caught up in the hype regarding these products http://airsoftpyrotechnics.com/ so I went out and bought an underslung 40mm launcher. The pyro products for the most part haven't made it to canada (aside from the chalk marking ones) so that has so far been a bust, and all other shower projectiles are very underwhelming.

As soon as I got the launcher I had instant buyers remorse. The launcher adds a fair bit of weight to the front of the gun, more than I'd want to be running around with for 5-6 hour outdoor game. The whole 40mm system for airsoft is just too much work for crappy results in my opinion.

I've only been playing a year, but in the 16 games I've been to I've never seen anyone carry a 40mm style launcher, let alone seen one used.
Shrike airsoft can get any of these Taginn grenades in. I've used the airsoft bb hand grenades and they're awesome.
zombiesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 23:22   #44
grantmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxer2373 View Post
On my phone so can't link, I bought a trip wire IED from Hero outdoors, not to bad. Runs on a 12g co2 and it has a powder resivior and a blast cap (similar to the tornado grenade ones. It does the job and has a hair trigger just takes time to setup that all.
I've seen those. My idea is for something a lot more directional.

-Grant
grantmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2015, 02:14   #45
xav1982

I think Grant want something more like this...

http://www.vietnam-airsoft.com/phpBB...php?f=9&t=1642
xav1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion