Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Aftermath Typhon Socom Full Auto M9

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 16th, 2014, 21:51   #16
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Nothing wrong with a disassembly/cleaning but just don't throw any new ingredients into the mix unless you're comfortable troubleshooting. If you do take it down to clean the hopup rubber, their hopup unit screws are notorious for getting stripped easily, so make sure you use the correct sized screwdriver!
Old April 16th, 2014, 22:48   #17
redzaku

Age verification first, then they will talk
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2014, 23:27   #18
Slancha

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzaku View Post
Age verification first, then they will talk
curious what your trip is on me getting age verified?? how about you get verified and show me how its done!? just sayin
Slancha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2014, 23:28   #19
targetGspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slancha View Post
Any rec on vendors to buy from in Canada? 600fps pal rated??
It's "ghetto upgraded" not 600 out of box. mine was about 550 when I got it,(they rate them lower but most of the time they are hotter) did the upgrade and was high 600's, after a couple years she was down to 590 so I re did the upgrade and was at 630 or so last summer. We'll see this season. I've heard of people getting them to shoot close to 1000fps with red gas and ghetto upgrade. You can also get barrel upgrade kit. I only use it to counter sniper at long distances cause it's too much for some people. But my bud's sniper was just over 700. Easy to find online in canada, just search the Bigger canadian retailers and you'll find it. For some reason they don't allow us to name sites unless verified. I still can't see much use for verification.
Old April 16th, 2014, 23:34   #20
scottyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by targetGspot View Post
It's "ghetto upgraded" not 600 out of box. mine was about 550 when I got it,(they rate them lower but most of the time they are hotter) did the upgrade and was high 600's, after a couple years she was down to 590 so I re did the upgrade and was at 630 or so last summer. We'll see this season. I've heard of people getting them to shoot close to 1000fps with red gas and ghetto upgrade. You can also get barrel upgrade kit. I only use it to counter sniper at long distances cause it's too much for some people. But my bud's sniper was just over 700. Easy to find online in canada, just search the Bigger canadian retailers and you'll find it. For some reason they don't allow us to name sites unless verified. I still can't see much use for verification.
What... the... fuck.

scottyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2014, 23:55   #21
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

lol
Old April 17th, 2014, 00:49   #22
Red62

I have a Typhoon, AND I ran a KJW M9 Elite for 6 years- here's the difference:
Both have full metal slides, both has plastic lowers, but the KJ's build is a LOT more tight- less shake and less grit can get into it. The Typhoon, as much as I love it, I never for the co2 mag to work and the one I got I have to change a few springs in order to get the FullAuto to work.
With that said, both guns are nice to hold, you can exchange parts (recently I had to shelf my KJ, so now my Aftermath has my KJ barrel) and modify the snots out of the Typhoon. It'll accept TM and TM Cloned magazines, isn't too hard to maintain, and pins are never too hard to get out unless you just generally suck at using a hammer. So side-by-side, it's like the Typhoon is a modified clone of a clone- that's why people don't like it so much- plus parts tend to wear out on it pretty fast.
A tip with all GBB pistols: keep the slide clean and neatly lubed with silicone oil.
**Certified Tornado Tech**Will fix your guns for food and BBs**
Red62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2014, 12:27   #23
Slancha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red62 View Post
I have a Typhoon, AND I ran a KJW M9 Elite for 6 years- here's the difference:
Both have full metal slides, both has plastic lowers, but the KJ's build is a LOT more tight- less shake and less grit can get into it. The Typhoon, as much as I love it, I never for the co2 mag to work and the one I got I have to change a few springs in order to get the FullAuto to work.
With that said, both guns are nice to hold, you can exchange parts (recently I had to shelf my KJ, so now my Aftermath has my KJ barrel) and modify the snots out of the Typhoon. It'll accept TM and TM Cloned magazines, isn't too hard to maintain, and pins are never too hard to get out unless you just generally suck at using a hammer. So side-by-side, it's like the Typhoon is a modified clone of a clone- that's why people don't like it so much- plus parts tend to wear out on it pretty fast.
A tip with all GBB pistols: keep the slide clean and neatly lubed with silicone oil.
appreciate the input!

think I will go for a G&G extreme, found a vendor locally for 109$can.. too bad the typhoon doesn't hold up cause the full auto option would have been fun.
Old April 17th, 2014, 14:28   #24
Bellerophon

The G&G extreme is not advisable, it is known to shoot too hot for most fields. Also, it's CO2 only and mostly pot metal, so it'll likely tear itself to pieces after a few days of regular use. Save up and get something that will last.
Old April 17th, 2014, 17:29   #25
Slancha

Ahh well, done deal now.. Almost went for the typhoon cause of PA's return policy. Whatever the reason, no receipt they take it back! Maybe I should have picked that one up instead, cause the place I bought the G&G has a NO RETURN policy. So far the gun is awesome being the first real co2 airsoft I've purchased/shot. This is only for fun so will not see any action/gaming, just some plinking/paper punching.

also the vendor mentioned he has sold over 100 G&G with little to no returns (to manufacturer).. I know he's bias.

Last edited by Slancha; April 17th, 2014 at 17:34..
Old April 17th, 2014, 20:48   #26
targetGspot

My G&G Xtreme shoots hot but I play outdoors so it's all good. It is pretty inconsistent, anywhere between 350 and 440. The blowback is crisp even though it only travels 2/3 of normal due to design, not really noticeable. It does leak co2 when mag is inserted into the gun, but stops after a couple shots. Problem is now you're down a couple rounds every time you load a mag. The gun rattles a bit more than a more expensive gun but for it's price it's a good gun. Had mine for all of last season and ran 500 rounds or so through it without issues other than the intermittent leak that stops after 2 rounds when it does happen.
Old April 18th, 2014, 15:58   #27
Slancha

can I clean the barrel on the gun or should I remove it? Alcohol or silicone oil or both? last thing I did put a drop of pellgunoil on my first co2 canister.. was that a bad a thing? do you use just silicone oil on co2? thx
Old April 18th, 2014, 19:45   #28
Strelok

Pellet gun oil is for pellet guns. Not airsoft.

You'll want to stick to silicon oil exclusively for your guns. And don't be generous with it, just a quick run through in your barrel is enough.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2014, 21:14   #29
targetGspot

Usually a light weight silicone oil is your best bet. Don't use alcohol as it will destroy the coating inside the barrel. No reason to remove the barrel just back off the hop all the way. Cut strips of shop towel so there will be no lint, spray with a bit of oil and use a cleaning rod. Using a drop of silicone oil when inserting the co2 canister keeps the rubber seal in good condition and helps provide a better seal while at the same time makes it easier to remove the co2 if it's a tight fit or if you forget to take it out after playing.
Old April 18th, 2014, 21:43   #30
Bigload

I recently acquired the KWA M9 PTP. Let's say I hug it when I go to sleep.

I've had WE's and TM clones - as suggested save up a little and get it right the first time.
Bigload is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank