http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

The World only needs one Big Boss.

:

Airsoft Media

Old April 9th, 2009, 13:43   #16

BadMrFrosty has an almost exact replica of Snake's Operator.

He's just got to get a silencer for it and it's set.

808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 18:40   #17
RacingManiac

I could probably replace my car if I didn't buy all the GBB and parts.....

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 12:50   #18
dockronixion

Send a message via Skype™ to dockronixion
army of 2 mask did you make or buy if so where?
Old April 10th, 2009, 22:42   #19
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

I got the mask from ILLusion on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2009, 12:21   #20
scarletsnake

Sorry to break it to you, but... it has nothing in common with Big Boss' 1911.
I'm a fanatic when it comes to Big Boss' 1911. Some people are aware of this, I know every piece down to its smallest detail.
Everything on this gun is wrong. I've stated this while your gun was being built, so sorry for being late, but my suggestion to you would be to sell it and start over, this time, with correct pieces. I have already put reference screenshots from MGS4 Custom 1911 (NOT the operator.)If you'd like you could start by carefully examining the screenshots.

Nice 1911 BTW; but just has nothing to do with MGS.
scarletsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2009, 16:22   #21
the_griffinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletsnake View Post
I'm a fanatic when it comes to Big Boss' 1911. Some people are aware of this, I know every piece down to its smallest detail.
Everything on this gun is wrong. I've stated this while your gun was being built, so sorry for being late, but my suggestion to you would be to sell it and start over, this time, with correct pieces. I have already put reference screenshots from MGS4 Custom 1911 (NOT the operator.)If you'd like you could start by carefully examining the screenshots.

Taken from Mr. Evolution's first post

"Not a 100% match to the MGS3/4 1911, but CLOSE ENOUGH DAMNIT.
Yes Im going to change the grips."

regardles of how close it it to the gun from MSG, it is a very sexy pistol.
Old June 7th, 2009, 19:42   #22
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletsnake View Post

OK... lets get a part listing then? where are these reference photos? I do not recall ever discussing it with you however.

Heres the research prop they made, aside from the sights, slide serrations, and the hammer being slightly different, I see no differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.

Last edited by MrEvolution; June 7th, 2009 at 23:11..
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 14:31   #23
scarletsnake

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of the airsoft game for more than a year.
I think we might be talking about different guns here... I had tens of pics of Big Boss' M1911 in my pc before the format a month ago. This was what I uploaded to giantbomb before that:

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/sca...34/51-1427609/

Ok. Here we go.

The pistol is based on a Colt National Match Frame&Slide.
Sights are custom. You have standard sights.
Grip safety is a standard A1 style which has been cut down, you used a beavertail. Grip safety is completely unfunctional on Big Boss' gun.
Trigger is the closest part. But not the same. The trigger features two small holes on top and bottom. Two large holes are present in the middle, with two small holes in between the top and center holes.
The hammer is a commader style on yours. Snake/Big Boss has one that is very similar to MEU type hammers.
Slide release lever and thumb safety are both extended and are stainless steel, non-ambi type.
You used OD grips. Snake has wood grips with no checkering with carved front edges for use with a cqc knife.
The mainspring housing is flat with V type custom cut serrations, I believe there were 3 or 4.
Front of the slide has cocking serrations at the same degree as the ones in the rear.
Frame features front strap checkering.
And the strangest part: The gun features a threaded barrel. You could've missed everything else and I wouldn't have cared, but this part was featured even on Snake's standard M1911A1...
I could go on for hours seriously, but I don't have the time. I hope this has been informative enough, like I said, your 1911 is completely different from Big Boss' 1911. Show Big Boss' gun, then show yours to anyone who knows a bit about 1911s and you'll get the same response.

Oh and by the way, the image you provided is not the base gun they used to build Big Boss' M1911. Konami placed a special order to Sheriff of JP. for a custom Western Arms pistol.
I'm sorry you wasted your money...

And the worst part is I was talking to Illusion about building a replica and he was building your gun, and if you had placed the order a week late or so I could've guided you.
scarletsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media