Toronto Police Uniforms

:

SWAT/Police

Closed Thread

Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:29   #46
AshleyAshes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
She said this on the 16th so a week or so we are all waiting to see the final product looks like it should be good
No, it won't be a week. We hit some real production snags, we shot scene 4 and 5 two weeks ago, learned a lot but also have had to accept that we need to reshoot with what we learned. We're not even doing ONE of the reshoots for 4 and 5 till the 15th of March and another needs to follow. Our program has also made scheduling a nightmare. That said, we are working on in and actually got scene 1 completed last night... And it doesn't need to be reshot at all.

First, we had to dig our stationary ambulance out of a snowbank which cost an hour of time and then we set up our lights around it, including the green screen.

And here's what it largely looks like after post-production:

What you see out the window of the ambulance is not final, it's some crappy temporary footage we have that loops for like 5 seconds. We'll be getting on an urban freeway and shoot video out of the left and right side of a moving vehicle to fill the green screened windows for the final result. But this temp footage in the window lets me set up the keying so I just need to swap it out once that's shot.

Sorry for the slow productions, but we are working on it.
Old March 6th, 2013, 21:42   #47
AshleyAshes

Filming in that ambulance buried in the snow bank was aweful, so I wrangled us a training lab with what was left of a Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in it. There was paint and simunition shells EVERYWHERE!

Old March 6th, 2013, 22:01   #48
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

hold ups happen all the time thats for sure, i was to play an undercover cop in my buddys music video and after three days of screw ups (spread over a cpl weeks) we finally got it together, with all the shooting involved for a three minut video i could only imagine the work involved in something like what you are doing.
looks like things are comming along tho, cant wait to see it when its all finnished. keep up the hard work and im sure itll pay off
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old March 6th, 2013, 23:03   #49
AshleyAshes

Quote:
looks like things are comming along tho, cant wait to see it when its all finnished. keep up the hard work and im sure itll pay off
Yeah, this puts scene 2 as filmed. So 2 down, even if they're short ones, 3 to go.
Old March 13th, 2013, 23:58   #50
AshleyAshes

3 out of 6 shoots completed and finalized. Fourth one is this Friday where we'll finally get to break out the airsoft guns again and drop somebody.

Old March 14th, 2013, 00:08   #51
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Good stuff. Half way to the finnish line now. (well not counting the editing and such lol)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old March 14th, 2013, 00:27   #52
AshleyAshes

Quote:
Good stuff. Half way to the finnish line now. (well not counting the editing and such lol)
There's also some odds and ends, like getting out on the road with a GoPro on other side of a car, so I have footage to fill the windows of the green screened vehicles. Establishing shots as well, basically just exterior shots of our hospital. But that's easy stuff that doesn't need an entire crew and cast to accomplish.
Old March 16th, 2013, 02:17   #53
AshleyAshes

4 shoots down, 2 to go. This one was part of our reshooting, totally worth it.

Old March 16th, 2013, 11:51   #54
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
If they use Glocks, why aren't you using Glocks? I'm sure there would be many airsofters willing to let you borrow them, and its not like they're rare.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services

Last edited by Styrak; March 16th, 2013 at 11:56..
Old March 16th, 2013, 12:26   #55
AshleyAshes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
If they use Glocks, why aren't you using Glocks? I'm sure there would be many airsofters willing to let you borrow them, and its not like they're rare.
We had difficulty sourcing anyone with Glocks who'd donate them to the cause. In addition to this, the person who offered us P226's and M4 is a member of the Ottawa Police Service. When it comes to walking across a college campus with handguns and a military assault weapon, I find that it's advantageous to have the police present and supplying them.
Old April 8th, 2013, 11:33   #56
AshleyAshes

So I'll most likely be releasing this later today. It's not as complete as we'd like, for anyone who read the script, scene 3 at the curb wasn't shot because... Well, while the school promised us an Impala and ambulance... They broke. Actually the Impala was always broke an they promised repairs but instead shipped the school's lead mechanic off to Saudi Arabia for something and the ambulance was left out in the snow all winter, they can't get it to start and no one's getting around to looking at it. So that scene is missing but it more or less works without it.

I'll admit that acting is the weakest point but I'd like to do more like this once I move to the GTA in 3 weeks. And by 'more' I mean more like '2-3min shorts that experiment with certain techniques and special effects, rather than trying to tell a complete story'. It'll make things more bite sized, easier to approach and it's a lot easier to just write a pointless North Hollywood Shootout style gunfight than a story.
Old April 8th, 2013, 17:50   #57
AshleyAshes

I did finish it up and posted it up in a dedicated thread over here: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=153015

Thanks for the input so far guys.
Old March 17th, 2022, 01:16   #58
Andre KSims

Watching it right now; you did a great job on this.
(I couldn't provide an image of my screen.)
p.s: sorry for the bump.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > SWAT/Police