FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old April 29th, 2010, 01:06   #301
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenooblord View Post
I ask again, why? the gun already runs faster than you can, so why spend extra money?
Because he's hoping to shoot as fast as Mr.Hitman some day.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 01:13   #302
RacingManiac

The key to beat Mr. Hitman is to have a working gun....

I kid, not looking forward to when he has the IMM built....lol

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 01:14   #303
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy View Post
What's this stuff about speed ports on slide? Does milling out a section of a slide actually make the slide that much lighter?
Well, the less material there is, the lighter it is, and thus, less energy is required to get it moving to speed. Just think about how shooting 0.20g BBs always yields a higher FPS than a 0.30g BB. Same idea.

The build was just an experiment to see how far I could take it while keeping it within reason.

See details on that slide set here:
http://www.pbase.com/illusive_airsoft/brazosbcgprosx

Experiments have already been done on complete nutbar ultra slight moving assemblies:

So basically, all of the bare essential components required for cycling have been separated from everything else. You can't get any lighter or faster than this.

Last edited by ILLusion; April 29th, 2010 at 01:17..
Old April 29th, 2010, 01:26   #304
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

LOL.

Want lighter? The dude who complete the miracle reload and steel shoots on YouTube, sharkshooter, he got his BBU plastic. I don't even know what could be lighter, plastic or nine ball..

Anyways, I got beaten. Many times, that's what is so fun in CAPS. Competitive, so competitive like me which brought me to spend over $1000 on parts. hahaha

Even Tyson was suprised I bought a real C-more.

On another note, speed buffers and the little tiny stuff that are upgrades do give you a faster gun. Illusions has the right upgrades on his current competition gun and I was amazed how he did his double taps!

Once you're in this, you'll have no TM hi-capa parts left except for tiny springs, screws, and hop-up unit, due to upgrades. That's only if you choose to go open division. As in standard, you keep you front and rear sights. lol

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 01:26   #305
juicy

ILLusion, that "nut bar" thing looks awesome, IMO.

Just wondering, but the WE Dragon split slide Hi-capa's have the same concept, no? If one were to completely rebuild that Hi-Capa's internals and use TM mags... could you get a decent high-cycling-speed out of it? Or are the WE shit-metals just straight-up heavy?
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 01:27   #306
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hitman View Post
Want lighter? The dude who complete the miracle reload and steel shoots on YouTube, sharkshooter, he got his BBU plastic. I don't even know what could be lighter, plastic or nine ball..
The Nine Ball Feather Weight Piston IS plastic.

Quote:
Just wondering, but the WE Dragon split slide Hi-capa's have the same concept, no? If one were to completely rebuild that Hi-Capa's internals and use TM mags... could you get a decent high-cycling-speed out of it? Or are the WE shit-metals just straight-up heavy?
Yes, same concept... on a very wobbly (and heavy) platform. You're better off with a quality aluminum FULL length slide than to deal with the WE builds.

Ask Lanny... he got one and sold it right away. LOL.
Old April 29th, 2010, 01:28   #307
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Quote:
ILLusion, that "nut bar" thing looks awesome, IMO.

They do, but it's straight heavey. I compared the rear slide without BBU to a SD one, and it's heavy. I threw in internals and everything into the SD slide, and the rear slide of the Dragon is still heavier. Not only that, the rear sight base on the WE Dragon is basically a 1 piece with the slide so you can't take it off. lol

Only good thing about that is the long dust cover frame. If you're going to spend that money, might as well save up for IKs 2011 frame.

CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Old April 29th, 2010, 01:29   #308
juicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
Also, speaking about that - how does the Nine Ball plastics hold up against a metal hammer?
Old April 29th, 2010, 01:29   #309
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Quote:
Also, speaking about that - how does the Nine Ball plastics hold up against a metal hammer?

Hammer strikes onto the slide, not the BBU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
Holy cow!

CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047

Last edited by Shirley; April 29th, 2010 at 01:32..
Old April 29th, 2010, 01:30   #310
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Fine so far from my limited testing with another build....

Quote:
Maybe on a real gun, but not for a Marui.
On a Tokyo Marui, the hammer actually strikes the frame. NEVER the slide.
It's slowed down enough by the valve knocker to not have full impact on the frame. Hardened steel hammers and enhanced hammer springs can quickly mash the stock Marui frame.

Last edited by ILLusion; April 29th, 2010 at 01:33..
Old April 29th, 2010, 01:31   #311
juicy

Quote:
They do, but it's straight heavey. I compared the rear slide without BBU to a SD one, and it's heavy. I threw in internals and everything into the SD slide, and the rear slide of the Dragon is still heavier. Not only that, the rear sight base on the WE Dragon is basically a 1 piece with the slide so you can't take it off. lol

Only good thing about that is the long dust cover frame. If you're going to spend that money, might as well save up for IKs 2011 frame.
Haha, I figured that the slide would have weight issues. It IS a WE; pot metal dominates their production lines, AFAIK.

Rear sight issue blows, dude. Screw that. I was just thinking of one and slapping in a lightweight BBU because they look kinda cool (minus the wobbles, as ILLusion noted).
Old April 29th, 2010, 01:33   #312
juicy

Quote:
Yeah, I know that. Just wondering about the part of the BBU that cocks the hammer when the slide cycles.

Thanks, ILLusion. I'll ask sometime in a year or so about what you've experienced with the 9ball BBU.
Old April 29th, 2010, 01:35   #313
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Quote:
Haha, I figured that the slide would have weight issues. It IS a WE; pot metal dominates their production lines, AFAIK.

Rear sight issue blows, dude. Screw that. I was just thinking of one and slapping in a lightweight BBU because they look kinda cool (minus the wobbles, as ILLusion noted).
Yeah, and if you get a WE, you would need to buy a TM hi-capa rear sight if you plan to swap slides. lol Not cheap to buy.

This is why I bought 2, kept one for my girlfriend and made it Hello Kitty, and sold the other one.

On the new WE Dragons, they have a non moving barrel which is pretty good. It stays still and smooth.

CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Old April 29th, 2010, 01:38   #314
juicy

Quote:
Yeah, and if you get a WE, you would need to buy a TM hi-capa rear sight if you plan to swap slides. lol Not cheap to buy.

This is why I bought 2, kept one for my girlfriend and made it Hello Kitty, and sold the other one.

On the new WE Dragons, they have a non moving barrel which is pretty good. It stays still and smooth.
Gah... that still blows, dude. The whole reason for getting one of the Dragons would be for the split slide and what I had thought would be less weight there.

The fixed barrel thing is interesting though.

Anyway, enough about WE's!
Old April 29th, 2010, 01:40   #315
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Yes, you can get a split design, which will cost you about $1800 for the kit, and has to be cusom made for you by IK.

CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications