Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old March 8th, 2010, 00:46   #256
juicy

(not a response to Slono's post)

If I'm going to go ahead and replace my cloned MEU's hammer/sear/valve knocker/strut anyway (yes aftermarket bits will fit), should I go ahead and order a disconnector for my single-stacker while I'm at it?

I ask because I've noticed that the clone internals are not built out of great metals, and would be interested to know in advance if the contact between the sear and disconnector would be a potential point for rapid wear/break down.

Just a note, an aftermarket leaf spring and stirrup are also on my list of parts to buy - I'm thinking that a good disconnector-stirrup fit (i.e. parts from the same manufacturer) would make for a better trigger response, am I correct?
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2010, 13:54   #257
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpos531 View Post
Could someone be so kind as to list the companies that make a 1911 GBB? AFAIK, the following companies make them:

1911:
- TM
- WE
- KSC
- KJW
- WA
- Army (?)
- Socom Gear (?)
- Bell
- Meister (Murashin?)
- RWC
- Tanaka
- J-Armory (?)
- KWC

2011:
- TM (?)
- KSC

MEU:
- TM
- Army(?)
- WA
- Socom Gear
- WE

Probably still missing some.

edit: Listed edited.
I'm not too sure what the relation of this post is to the rest of this thread is, since this thread is focused ONLY on Marui stuff - but as an fyi, a lot of the brands you've listed are just re-brands of some of the other companies you've listed.

ie, Socom Gear = WE. So while Socom Gear sells/markets a gun that WE themself doesn't sell, the basis behind your post "which companies MAKE the 1911", the answer would be WE in this case.

Similar goes for "RWC", which is short for Redwolf Custom. The base used for their guns are generally Tokyo Marui based, but if you want to go that route of listing companies that market specific builds, there are TONS of custom builders that you've left out. ... including ILLusion Kinetics. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy View Post
If I'm going to go ahead and replace my cloned MEU's hammer/sear/valve knocker/strut anyway (yes aftermarket bits will fit), should I go ahead and order a disconnector for my single-stacker while I'm at it?

I ask because I've noticed that the clone internals are not built out of great metals, and would be interested to know in advance if the contact between the sear and disconnector would be a potential point for rapid wear/break down.
Don't see a major reason why not to...
BUT, disconnector levers generally don't need replacing unless they're worn down or unless you want the assurance of greater reliability from a harder aftermarket part.

Generally, wear rate between these two contact points (for Marui) is considered very low. You would need tens of thousands of rounds before any appreciable wear shows itself.

I can't say the same for clones. However, I will say that I've noticed several clones have NOT properly cloned the sear disconnector design, and as a result, Marui sear disconnectors wouldn't work in said clone (ie KJW).

Quote:
Just a note, an aftermarket leaf spring and stirrup are also on my list of parts to buy - I'm thinking that a good disconnector-stirrup fit (i.e. parts from the same manufacturer) would make for a better trigger response, am I correct?
If you want a better trigger response, consider an adjustable trigger, steel adjustable stirrup, and hardened steel hammer set.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 07:11   #258
juicy

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been asked/stated before, but are 4.3 rear sights compatible with MEU's? I'm thinking of switching to a lightweight BBU, but will need a new rear sight as the Hi-Capa/1911 BBU does not incorporate a cut-out for the MEU rear sight to slot into.
Old March 16th, 2010, 09:43   #259
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
I'm pretty sure this hasn't been asked/stated before, but are 4.3 rear sights compatible with MEU's?
Hi-Capa 4.3 rear sights, Hi-Capa 5.1 rear sights, Colt M1911A1, and MEU rear sights are ALL different from each other.

Hi-Capa 4.3 front sights, Hi-Capa 5.1 front sights are the same as each other.
MEU front sights are unique.
M1911A1 front sights are NOT removable/replaceable.

Quote:
I'm thinking of switching to a lightweight BBU, but will need a new rear sight as the Hi-Capa/1911 BBU does not incorporate a cut-out for the MEU rear sight to slot into.
MEU-compatible super lightweight BBU is already available on the market. ILLusion Kinetics won't be stocking them anymore, but they are available on the market under different brand names.

Last edited by ILLusion; March 16th, 2010 at 09:46..
Old March 19th, 2010, 10:11   #260
Hata

Just replaced stock leaf spring on my 5.1 to airsoft surgeon light weight leaf spring and now the hammer won't stay cocked back .
I'm sure the leaf spring sits properly as shown in Troubleshooting Q2A2.
Once I change it back to stock leaf spring, everything back to normal.
so why it only happen on light weight leaf spring????
Old March 19th, 2010, 12:05   #261
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
Just replaced stock leaf spring on my 5.1 to airsoft surgeon light weight leaf spring and now the hammer won't stay cocked back .
I'm sure the leaf spring sits properly as shown in Troubleshooting Q2A2.
Once I change it back to stock leaf spring, everything back to normal.
so why it only happen on light weight leaf spring????
The ILLusion Kinetics / Airsoft Surgeon Light Weight Leaf Spring is meant to be adjustable, and out of the package, is tuned for a very light sear pull.

If the fitment of your sear does not allow for restriction-free movement, the light weight of the leaf spring may not have enough force to move the sear fast enough to engage the hammer.
If this is the case, you must bend the middle (sear) prong forward a bit to apply more tension.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 05:20   #262
juicy

aftermarket barrel bushings

I've noticed Nova, LCT, SD barrel bushings. I would like to replace my current clone bushing with something, in conjunction with a Nine Ball outer barrel. AFAIK, SD bushing kits are only for SD slides, right? LCT, I've never really heard anything about. Nova, I know one of you must have had experience with Nova barrel bushings before?

Thanks.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 09:15   #263
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

SD bushing for SD slide only.

LCT and Nova source from similar factories, so they will all fit. As long as it's labeled to fit Marui 1911.... then it will fit.

I've used plenty of Nova bushings. from the looks of LCT products on web sites, they look the same as Nova.
Old March 24th, 2010, 23:10   #264
Slono
Slow mo.

In stock form, what would you rank the guns in terms of most powerful kick?

- Hi-Capa 5.1
- Hi-Capa 4.3
- 1911a1
- M.E.U.

Assuming they're all TM, of course.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he
stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 23:13   #265
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

the capas for sure
Old March 24th, 2010, 23:14   #266
Slono
Slow mo.

Are you sure? As of recent my experience is limited with the capas, as I've only used a 4.3, but the M.E.U. seems to have the hardest... harder than the 1911a1 and 4.3 at least.

Old March 24th, 2010, 23:16   #267
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

actually come to think of it, I havent shot that many stock tm 1911's so I'll have to take that back
Old March 24th, 2010, 23:50   #268
Slono
Slow mo.

Out of the hi-capas which one has a harder blowback in your opinion?

Old March 25th, 2010, 08:15   #269
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
Out of the hi-capas which one has a harder blowback in your opinion?
Mine

in all honesty they should be the same between the different hi capa's, since they're using the same blowback chamber.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 09:17   #270
RacingManiac

The weight is a bit different. I always feel though, stock to stock, the 1911 kicks more than the Hi-capa. Not that it makes a difference for me since my Hi-Capa are tuned to kick less, while I try to preserve more kick with the 1911s....

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications