Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tanio Koba / KJW M4 GBBR Basic Information and FAQ

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 10th, 2011, 05:36   #541
delarosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by IggysPiggy View Post
The bolt he ordered seems to come with a new buffer but the kj I bought that came stock with the new bolt did not come with the updated buffer. I can not comment on the bolt catch because I have not compared them closely.

On a side not I would suggest pulling the new bolt apart upon getting and checking the piston rubber. On mine after one mag the piston head was showing signs of wear and a little shaving was hanging off already. I took 2000 grit wet sand paper to the spot to resmooth the blemish and have had zero issues since.
Could you show the part you smoothened out? My new bolt is on the way already, im looking to correct the issue you mentioned.
delarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 21:57   #542
beanie

@ delarosa the v1 bolt and v2 bolt are the exact same length so I think no. I think IggysPiggy is talking about the clear piece or the black ring above it in pictures 3 and 4 on my post on the previous page, but he can confirm that.

@ Saberwing. Yes. I told KJ I have a Ver1 M4 and I want a Ver2 bolt and any other parts to make it compatible with a Ver1 M4. But I think they are smart enough to know that without over explaining it if you tell them you are upgrading from ver1.

@ IggysPiggy. That sucks about the ver1 buffer piece. I think its worth it to get a ver2, the energy transfer is bound to be much better. Its probably less than $20 to buy a new one from KJ, or if you bought direct just ask if they will give you a ver2 one if you cover the petty $4-$5 shipping. If you put some silicone oil on the plastic and piston head you might be able to get by without sanding. I noticed my bolt was very dry when I received it.

I find it funny I can ship from Taiwan for $4, who then sends it to china to ship by airmail, and anything from USA costs $15 minimum plus brokerage and they use ground mail.

Last edited by beanie; August 10th, 2011 at 22:05..
beanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 20:00   #543
beanie

Anyone know where I can get a stock length steel outer barrel? Best I could find is a 13.5" G&P from ehobby. I need 14", 14.5".

EDIT Nvm, the 13.5" are actually 14.5" :s.

Last edited by beanie; August 12th, 2011 at 09:13..
Old August 12th, 2011, 05:57   #544
delarosa

Just got my new bolt but theres a little crack shown in the pic here, does anyone with a new bolt have the same issue? I dont think it affects performance, but its an eyesore to look at.

Old August 12th, 2011, 08:40   #545
beanie

Mine has a blemish there too. I think it's just part of the seam.
Old August 12th, 2011, 10:58   #546
IggysPiggy

The rubber piece i sanded is the piston cup, and mine was fairly dry stock but the amount of damage to it was excessive. Im not worried about the buffer as im having a lightweight one machined for me plus i sorbod the stock one front and back as recoil is cool but cracked receivers blow.

My bolt is also polished (done by me not kj). I will attempt to take pictures ill have to find a place ti host them is all.

Cheers
IggysPiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 14:32   #547
andrewlaw

anyone know how to pull apart the new bolt to install in cradle reducer? thanks
andrewlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 00:01   #548
delarosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewlaw View Post
anyone know how to pull apart the new bolt to install in cradle reducer? thanks
AFAIK theres going to be a video on that shortly. Travis from cradle said he will upload it to youtube.
Old August 16th, 2011, 17:55   #549
andrewlaw

thanks. i got it out tho. theres a plastic tab on the side, just have to slide that out.
andrewlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2011, 15:14   #550
Mr. inked

I'm looking to get a M4 GBB but Ive only used AEG's up until now. Just wondering if out of the box the KJW is reliable probably wont be doing much upgrading just want to know what I'm getting myself into.
Live and die on this day
Mr. inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2011, 07:28   #551
beanie

It's a great gun but the plastic lower is definitely its Achilles heel. The buffer has been known to break it over time. The KJW gbb M4 is the only gbb I've used so it's hard for me to compare them but I have heard numerous people say they didn't like their WA gbb M4.

What's a good brand for MOLLE magazine pouches that fit KJW M4 magazines? Just got some by Condor and they were much to small. I also bought some Condor pistol magazine pouches and the only magazine they look like they can hold is a Walther PPK :/. I like alot of Condors stuff but I wonder what they are thinking with the sizing for their magazine pouches.
Old August 21st, 2011, 13:01   #552
delarosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanie View Post
It's a great gun but the plastic lower is definitely its Achilles heel. The buffer has been known to break it over time. The KJW gbb M4 is the only gbb I've used so it's hard for me to compare them but I have heard numerous people say they didn't like their WA gbb M4.

What's a good brand for MOLLE magazine pouches that fit KJW M4 magazines? Just got some by Condor and they were much to small. I also bought some Condor pistol magazine pouches and the only magazine they look like they can hold is a Walther PPK :/. I like alot of Condors stuff but I wonder what they are thinking with the sizing for their magazine pouches.
Go with Flyye, got the single mag pouches and they fit perfectly.
Old August 21st, 2011, 16:52   #553
Mr. inked

Are there metal lowers that you can buy for it? fyi kinda still new to airsoft lol
Live and die on this day
Old August 21st, 2011, 16:56   #554
Amos

Most people just purchase the metal lowered version.

They can be had for about $40 or so more than the clear one
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2011, 17:14   #555
Mr. inked

oh ok that works to i guess haha thank you
Live and die on this day
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion