Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KWA m93r review( with folding stock)

:

Reviews

Old January 23rd, 2013, 11:06   #1
solidgear34

Thumbs up KWA m93r review( with folding stock)

got this in a trade with my old p90 so i decided i should let the public know on my thoughts of it and how it did.

FIRST LOOK:
so it came in with a standard kwa packaging, foam and cardboard. what i did notice that the box was bigger than most gbb pistol box, as i opened it i was opened up to a great surprise! the gun came with not 1 but 2 magazines! (1 long 1 standard) the standard kwa oil, hopup adjustment tool and a KSC folding stock! definitely hit my moneys worth as i also got it with a free condor tornado holster.

EXTERNAL:
the gun is full metal, it has a realistic weight to it as well as a diifferent grip design. the pistol has a standard m9 look with just a couple of minor differences, there has been a added selector switch as well as a seperate safety. there is also a 45 degree angled grip installed into the pistol that adds extra stability. the external barrel also has been extended to take in a longer inner barrel. the entire body also features realistic italian police trademarks. the stock is a standard ksc metal folding stock that adds a nice stability to the pistol, making it almost a smg... even though it does wobble.

INTERNALS:
standard KWA internals with the NS2 systems. the pistol definitely had more thought put into than the original m9 ptp. instead of a double action triggerit is now a single pull trigger to avoid the m93's trigger spring from breaking. the gas system has been redone different from the m9ptp to ensure better gas usage while shooting in 3 burst and full auto. not many issues other than the fact that the m93's slide action might jam after a long use without reoiling the moving parts.

PERFORMANCE:

350 fps going from 50-75ft with little problems. the 3 round burst provides a good rof and good accuracy with a tight grouping. automatic fire tends to waste a bit more gas as well as willl reduce accuracy by a tiny bit.

FINAL WORDS:

beautiful little gun, the m93r can be proven useful as a sniper backup or simply as a cqb smg/ pistol sidearm. just to be sure to grease/ oil the moving parts properly (hammer, trigger, and slide assembly)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1zqsoye.jpg (78.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 7978222758-170b8fc8d2.jpg (108.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg imagesCAV94S1S.jpg (11.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg imagesCA8NYGBU.jpg (4.8 KB, 25 views)
solidgear34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 22:08   #2
QKLee11

I have one too, very effective, I like the 3rnd burst option along with the NS 2 gas system
QKLee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 16:43   #3
solidgear34

indeed
Old January 24th, 2013, 17:28   #4
Rommen

Just want to point out that the gun is probably not full metal, as stock it comes with a plastic lower receiver and barrel. I have seen metal upgrade kits for the barrel but never a metal lower.

Still a nice gun, I owned one and it was lots of fun to shoot. The only problem I had was with the semi-auto sear, which wouldn't work reliably and fired 3 round bursts more often than 1. The gun was used however so it wasn't a manufacturer defect/ lemon.
Rommen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 18:27   #5
MultipleParadox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommen View Post
Just want to point out that the gun is probably not full metal, as stock it comes with a plastic lower receiver and barrel. I have seen metal upgrade kits for the barrel but never a metal lower.
Lower is metal
Outer and Grips are ABS

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 22:03   #6
Fuzzy

There are two versions. A regular m93r which has plastic frame and the limited edition version that comes with the shoulder stock and which has the metal frame.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 22:36   #7
amano999

I have the same gun. I loved the idea of teh folding stock, but so far when gaming it I always take it off. The gbb is big too I ordered a HSGI universal hoster and its stills doesnt fit great.

I still like the gun and us it as my primary indoors with a para cord loop to attach a sling. Burst fire is lots of fun.

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia

G-69
amano999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:06   #8
solidgear34

the limited version is full metal excluding the polymer grips
Old February 5th, 2013, 14:51   #9
Freeze

I actually went to modify my grip (mine is the Limited version as well) and even though it feels like polymer, when I drilled a hole through it, I noticed that it was metallic look on the inside.

Also, I will basically run this thing as my primary, since it barely (I mean BARELY) fits into my chest holster and feels like a brick anyways.

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19 TTI Combat Master
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews