Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

S&T Tar-21... ARES knockoff?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old November 23rd, 2012, 16:48   #1
Crossfire034

S&T Tar-21... ARES knockoff?

Found this rifle while browsing a store. I've been wanting to pick up a Tavor, but until now ARES has been the only option. Aside from a few youtube videos (which I cannot view due to bandwitch restrictions) and a pictorial "review" from another forum, I cannot find any specifics on the gun's internals. I don't suppose any of you gents have any dealings with this AEG/company?
Crossfire034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2012, 17:12   #2
iKliiu

The first versions had a polycarbonate gearbox shell, the new ones have a metal gearbox. Internals and externals are similar to the sportline ARES, such as the sportline Umarex G36c and UMP.
iKliiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2012, 17:25   #3
Crossfire034

Eh, not too fond of the sportline stuff... but for a cheap AEG, I guess this doesn't sound completely useless. Too bad the Tavor is such a pain to disassemble, otherwise I'd just replace the internals altogether.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 20:58   #4
iKliiu

Externally it is also sub par, as it is made from a cheap plastic that gives it the feeling of a toy.
iKliiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2012, 22:52   #5
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
NA tbh id still prefer the S&T over the ARES since its way cheaper but obviously the build quality is cheaper too but i think it lasts longer. the gun is a great beginner and loaner gun.

S&T makes their own products. they are famous for their PPSh41 which is 10 billion x better than the POS ARES makes.

also their SVD from what i heard is not bad either as it is a Real Sword Clone, though the CYMA clone is apparently the best SVD clone on the market. overall S&T products aren't too shabby and i would recommend getting it actually
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2012, 14:06   #6
Crossfire034

I just checked out their site. I'm guessing this "Explorer Version" is the new model, thought it still says it has a polycarbonate gearbox. On the plus side, apparently it has a quick-change spring system and comes with a metal hi-cap. However, I must say as a whole the gun looks really cheap, with visible seams and all.

Still, I'd sooner pay ~$250 for a gun that needs some work than the $400-600 price tag of the ARES.
Old November 24th, 2012, 16:09   #7
Swattiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire034 View Post
I just checked out their site. I'm guessing this "Explorer Version" is the new model, thought it still says it has a polycarbonate gearbox. On the plus side, apparently it has a quick-change spring system and comes with a metal hi-cap. However, I must say as a whole the gun looks really cheap, with visible seams and all.

Still, I'd sooner pay ~$250 for a gun that needs some work than the $400-600 price tag of the ARES.
I respect those brands who spend real effort in R&D and focus on "originality" rather than just clone the others with cheap materials. Their "lower price" is not actually low when you take their cheap materials + not so good finishing into consideration.
You actually get what you pay for. There is no dump businessmen in this world.
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 23:18   #8
badbin

Check out the new S&T tavor (professional version ) doesn't look cheap at all. S&T T21 AEG with Electric Blowback (Professional Version) - YouTube
badbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2012, 02:58   #9
THe_Silencer

Basically the professional version looks to have the same external quality as the Ares minus trades at a fraction of the price. They moved the battery at the front as well.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
THe_Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion