Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tracer information thread

:

Accessories Discussion

Old June 29th, 2009, 21:45   #31
theguy

Good luck, That does sound like it might slip, did you order from ebairsoft? Their shipping can sometimes take 3 or 4 weeks

Chinese proverb
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 21:32   #32
Kelly Lake

Ive read in regards to homemade tracer solutions, that UV LED's charge the tracer bb's most effectively.
However,does anyone know if it would work if i mounted a Fenix 120 lumen Cree LED light in a SAW boxmag?
Kelly Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 21:36   #33
lemegacool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Lake View Post
Ive read in regards to homemade tracer solutions, that UV LED's charge the tracer bb's most effectively.
However,does anyone know if it would work if i mounted a Fenix 120 lumen Cree LED light in a SAW boxmag?
it would work so-so and only if you shoot full auto non-stop because bb's would loose their charge as they are going through the feed lines....

i built a homemade tracer-hicap inside a kracken hicap, and in semi i does not work... i have to do long auto burst for it to actually work... but it works very well! i use 2x.5w 5mm leds positionned about 3/8 - 1/2 " down the feed tube

member of fire team NOM. my other regular forum: www.toyotanation.com / gen3,gen4 camry
lemegacool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 08:16   #34
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonP View Post
This is sort of necro-quoting but if some manufacturing type out there can manage/source the "threaded suppressor" part (i.e. the hollow shell) I can no problem produce efficient and reliable LED-based tracer guts for it.

Could be yet another Canada-made Airsoft accessory. I have half the solution (the guts), just need the outside shell. I don't "do" plastics/metal manufacturing (yet) 8)
Don, what are you using for a sensor? I want to make a shorty suppressor for a TM mk23. (yes I know it's a 16mm) I got the LED's but have yet to source out what type of sensor to use. I might put the power supply in a LAM unit to keep it from being too front heavy while also maintaining a lower profile suppressor.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 18:29   #35
lemegacool

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
Don, what are you using for a sensor? I want to make a shorty suppressor for a TM mk23. (yes I know it's a 16mm) I got the LED's but have yet to source out what type of sensor to use. I might put the power supply in a LAM unit to keep it from being too front heavy while also maintaining a lower profile suppressor.

http://unconventional-airsoft.com/20...e-measurement/

look at the diagram...

member of fire team NOM. my other regular forum: www.toyotanation.com / gen3,gen4 camry
Old July 4th, 2009, 08:25   #36
Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguy View Post
Good luck, That does sound like it might slip, did you order from ebairsoft? Their shipping can sometimes take 3 or 4 weeks
I ordered from R.S.O.V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Lake View Post
If you want UV LED's, you can get 100 for $8 HERE or I got 20 for $2.93 HERE.
Old July 10th, 2009, 09:22   #37
shinobii

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobii View Post
Brand spanking new, but your list is missing the Bioval BBBfluo
Biodegradable tracer rounds. Keeping with the high quality and performance characteristics of all Bioval BBB's these new Bio tracer rounds, are the real deal, with excellent light absorption, and long lasting glowing effect.
See our link: www.mach1airsoft.com

Less than 2 weeks and counting before we have them in stock. Available in huge 1kg, 5,000 rd bags.

Sorry for the shameless plug.. OH.. and the TM silencer units (new version) will be in shortly..
I'm sure most on the forum know, but our Bioval BBBFLUO Tracers are in.
www.mach1airsoft.com
Like Us on FACEBOOK
Follow Us on Twitter

Store Hours of Operation:
Tue-Wed: 11:00am-5:00pm
Thurs: 11:00am-8:00pm
Fri: 11:00am-5:00pm
Sat: 10:00-5:00pm

Retail Store Address: 237 Toryork Drive, Toronto Ontario.
shinobii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 12:14   #38
DonP

Quote:
Have you considered just having the LEDs on all the time, or lit manually?
With the power supply in the LAM just use the LAM's switch (momentary on or toggle on/off, tac-light style) to turn the UV LEDs in your suppressor on or off.

That way you can choose when your tracer is on or off. It's not power efficient like having a BB sensor would be but if that doesn't bother you you might want to try that.
DonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 12:14   #39
canind09

Quote:
Note:

Turn off your Marui Tracer unit when not in use. It will eat through 4 x AAA's literally over night. Brand new Duracell's to boot! There is no standby mode on it as the sensor is always running and seems to draw a lot of power.
Do you think to let the tracer unit on all night might burn/damage the compartment inside? (i.e. the sensor or the light)
Old July 11th, 2009, 12:18   #40
lemegacool

Quote:
Originally Posted by canind09 View Post
Do you think to let the tracer unit on all night might burn/damage the compartment inside? (i.e. the sensor or the light)
no because the tracer only emit lights when a bbs is detected in the optointerrupter, basically the flash charging circuit will eat the batteries

Old July 11th, 2009, 12:56   #41
canind09

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemegacool View Post
no because the tracer only emit lights when a bbs is detected in the optointerrupter, basically the flash charging circuit will eat the batteries
Thanks Lemegacool
Old July 24th, 2009, 08:47   #42
m102404
Tys

I've read through this post again since it's been a while...

I'm going to try and arrange a fun end of summer CQB blow out event here in Toronto...and if I can swing it, I'd like to get a tracer only skirmish (or three) going.

Not a lot of guys have them...including myself. Cool as stink, but you usually end up with a lot of return fire on your position when you use one....LOL

So...are there any hands-on user updates on the TM Ver2 vs. others? Event though the event is two months off, I'm probably not going to have the time to make my own suppressor version.

DonP...now's the time to roll out a dozen+ production versions!!! Slip fit onto a M4A1 barrel...I need help with the optiointerrupter thingy!!!

Thanks,

Tys
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2009, 10:02   #43
coach
aka coachster

Tys, you could see if any of the vendors are willing to bring in a bunch of the JG knock offs.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2009, 10:27   #44
m102404
Tys

Have you tried that model out yet? Saving money is one thing buy buying crap is just a kick in the nuts.

There's about 6 or so TM Ver2 for sale by the retailers at the moment...ranging from $135-160. They've got a good rep...but my gut tells me there's a lower cost alternative. I'd get one...but pretty much just for this event, can't see using it regularly. If I can get 3-4, that work well, for the same price, I don't mind giving them out as prizes even.

Tys
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2009, 10:45   #45
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

cheaper...

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/gandp-130...16-series.html

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/g-p-magaz...inated-bk.html

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion