:

Reviews

Closed Thread

Old June 2nd, 2008, 15:04   #571
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache View Post
I never wanted people to take sides and Brian's trolling certainly doesn't help matters since it has nothing to do with what happened.
You're right.. I apologize ... I'll shut up now.. hope it all works out in the end.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Old June 2nd, 2008, 15:11   #572
Crunchmeister

You're correct Tys. It's also partly up to the buyer to be aware and not to just fork over the cash and hope for the best. I'm 100% in agreement with both you and McGuyver's post on the subject. It seems to me that Drache did do exactly that. Before money was sent, he had a lot of communication with LeGros and all terms were agreed on by both parties before money exchanged hands. And with the glowing reviews Shootsoft have received here to date, there was no reason to expect any problems.

Problems arose where Shootsoft were at fault, and it appears they decided to shirk their responsibilities and agreement with their client so they could save $20. And really, they weren't losing anything, since the actual shipping cost through Xpresspost was only $50. They were essentially making $20 profit on shipping charges in the first place.

And again, this thread about a negative experience is totally warranted and justified, because this is exactly what it was.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 15:22   #573
lord_sid

Send a message via MSN to lord_sid
Quote:
I never wanted people to take sides.
But this is what happens with you bring mattters into the public. People are going to take sides.

I do have to agree with Brian. This shouldn't be in the review section. Right now, this is a trade dispute. The transaction has not finished. This should have been worked out between themselves. if he wanted to go public like he did, it should have been in the general section of the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce View Post
#1. Shootsoft made a mistake with the shipping and should have refunded the difference paid by Drache.

#2. Drache decided by himself to send the gun back by Xpresspost to avoid further delays for him to received the correct gun. Drache should be responible for the extra cost of Xpresspost shipping if Shootsoft did not ok this.

In the end, mistakes were made. Shootsoft should have another written store policy of using regular shipping for customers to use if they want to return something. And Yes, propper communication goes a long way to avoid mishaps.
Totally Agree
Crossman S36P DEAD - 14 Shells
Old Buy/Sell Feedback
Old June 2nd, 2008, 15:25   #574
Armandhammer

Send a message via MSN to Armandhammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_sid View Post
But this is what happens with you bring mattters into the public. People are going to take sides.
Oh man this thread has taken a ridiculous extreme. +1 to what lord said...
Old June 2nd, 2008, 16:33   #575
AcidFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_sid View Post
Totally Agree
And what you are still all missing about Drache going public was that he did so on ADMIN advice to do so, not because he wanted to openly complain. Drop this issue already.

Drache, good luck getting your cash back, I hope it all gets sorted for you.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 16:47   #576
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

I feel bad for Drache losing the $30, but do I want to see shootsoft go out of business...hell fucking no, we need all the retailers we can get. He was right for posting this publicly, its really his prerogative so he can do whatever he wants to do, especially if the admins advised him to.

Shootsoft has been good from what I've heard so far, and like someone said earlier, it is impossible to please everyone, so they fucked up? Big Whoop wanna fight about it?

I really appreciate what they are doing for the community, and I am sure from what was said here that they will learn from it and try to be more careful with their procedures etc.

So guys, instead of taking sides in this whole thing, let's just agree to take from this episode what we can, we do not want to run one of the few retailers out of business nor will we stand for shoddy service, Drache has said his piece and so has Shootsoft, now that it is public, it is entierely up to them to do something about it.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 17:29   #577
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
I feel bad for Drache losing the $30, but do I want to see shootsoft go out of business...hell fucking no, we need all the retailers we can get. He was right for posting this publicly, its really his prerogative so he can do whatever he wants to do, especially if the admins advised him to.
I don't see 1 customer service issue putting shootsoft out of business. I want them to keep on their good work. They've filled a big void when it comes to airsoft in Canada, and hope that they can continue servicing us well into the future.

That being said, I don't want them to turn into A&A either. From September of last year, I saw the 'transformation' of A&A from being a reasonably priced retailer with impeccable business practices to becoming a money hog with poor customer service. Why? Well, there are a lot of reasons, I'm sure, but I could bet the farm that a large part of it was because they got complacent knowing they were the ONLY option, and because they had a large community of past customers and local airsofters to back them up. I personally had no real issues with A&A. But I was seeing more and more people reporting these problems and being essentially shit on by the bandwagon supporters. It's the same reason Bell Canada became such a shitty company to deal with. They had no competition and could get away with screwing people left right and centre and no one had any recourse to do anything about it.

By December or so, they still had a reasonably good public reputation in the community, although by that point I don't think they deserved it anymore. There were alot of A&A issues being raised that would be met with really harsh responses from A&A supporters. It's in the last couple of months of operation that all the prices were getting raised significantly on an almost weekly basis, and floods of customer service horror stories of undelivered (paid for) goods. The story from A&A was that these items hadn't yet arrived, yet their store showed these items as having numbers of them in stock. There were also a lot of stories from irate customers of money owed to them, A&A ignoring communication, etc. Still, A&A supporters regularly flogged the "they would't do that", "it must be a communication problem", and "Mark's a really nice guy, he's just really busy.." defences - just like we're hearing here.

I don't think anyone wants Shootsoft to close down. However, I don't think anyone wants them to end up the same as A&A was either. And silently allowing any business to get away with anything without the community being aware of it will eventually breed that sort of behavious, regardless of their current or past intentions or how good their past service may be. And whether it's their first time screwing over a customer or not (not saying that shootsoft screwed over anyone - again making a generalization), making such business practices public will show that the community won't put up with questionable business ethics.

Silently accepting such is akin to someone committing a deliberate crime after a life of no criminal activity, and letting them go scot free because they've never done it before. Do you let the person who's just robbed a convenience store go without conviction because he's never broken the law before? Of course not! Not that this is as serious, but it's still the same principle.

And in case anyone didn't catch this, I'm all about fairness and despise greed of any kind...

Last edited by Crunchmeister; June 2nd, 2008 at 17:33..
Old June 3rd, 2008, 12:25   #578
Lorden

Send a message via MSN to Lorden
Burn the witch! Stone the infidel!

As far as I go, from what I've read on these forums shootsoft still has some of the best service I've seen as a Canadian retailer. They'll get my order this week as soon as I can get age-verified (which should be tonight).
Old June 3rd, 2008, 14:05   #579
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

I don't want people to stop doing business with Shootsoft just because of this, but I do want people to keep track of where their money is going.

As for the JG 416, it wont be arriving now until the 11th of June!
Old June 3rd, 2008, 15:16   #580
Armandhammer

Send a message via MSN to Armandhammer
Quote:
I don't want people to stop doing business with Shootsoft just because of this, but I do want people to keep track of where their money is going.

Glad to see that you are finally getting your gun...on my birthday
+1 to what you said, this was just a personnel experience you went through, it doesn't mean that others went through the same thing and this thread shouldn't persuade others to stop doing business with them...

Armand
Old June 3rd, 2008, 16:58   #581
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armandhammer View Post
Glad to see that you are finally getting your gun...on my birthday
+1 to what you said, this was just a personnel experience you went through, it doesn't mean that others went through the same thing and this thread shouldn't persuade others to stop doing business with them...

Armand
thats my lil sister's bday too woot woot, glad that everything is ok now!
Old June 3rd, 2008, 17:16   #582
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
one for the history books;)

Quote:

historic events of the 11th of june:
1942 - World War II: The United States agrees to send Lend-Lease aid to the Soviet Union
1963 - American Civil Rights Movement: Alabama Governor George Wallace stands at the door of Foster Auditorium at the University of Alabama in an attempt to block two black students from attending that school.
1970 - After being appointed on May 15, Anna Mae Hays and Elizabeth P. Hoisington officially receive their ranks as U.S. Army Generals, becoming the first females to do so.
2004 - Ronald Reagan's funeral held at Washington National Cathedral
2008 - Drache finally recieves his JG 416 from shootsoft.ca
Old June 3rd, 2008, 18:01   #583
Demichev

Shootsoft FTL.

Horrible service.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 18:02   #584
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demichev View Post
Shootsoft FTL.

Horrible service.
WTF?
Because they wont sell to you cause your not verified?

If so; Keep the good work Legros

101e 506Pir Fox Company - SHTYK NOZH
Old June 3rd, 2008, 18:04   #585
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
thats my lil sister's bday too woot woot, glad that everything is ok now!
Well everything ISNT ok... this whole thing isnt about me not getting a gun (although a month late) but no matter I wont get an apology and I wont get a refund for the money owed.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews