Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Aftermath Kraken AK47 AEG

:

Reviews

Old February 15th, 2009, 17:33   #361
kalnaren

End point is, they throw in whatever spring they have lieing around that day and the only really sure way to see what it is shooting at is to chronie it.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2009, 18:10   #362
chompizikstan

Although I have the one with the black hop up and after 25k rounds it chronos 380fps
chompizikstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 00:49   #363
yuhaoyang
asexual lumbricus terrestris

Send a message via MSN to yuhaoyang
Review of newer Kraken that comes in paper box- differences: It comes in a paper box! Yay! The screw threads on the half metal half plastic buttplate are plastic, and strip extremely easily, I've super super glued, then JB welded it together. I've reshimed, relubed, and replaced the sector gear with a TM one, and now it is actually very quiet, the spring is rediculous, and would probably push the gun to something like 420fps if it were not for the fact that nothing seals properly. (piston and cylinder head, nozzle) the hop-up rubber works fine, I get the same accuracy as any other stock AK pretty much. If you don't relube it out of the box, well, I saw some pretty funky green stuff flow out of the gaps of the box in about a week of basement plinking. During a game it was... Well I didn't fancy running around with a crappy looking clearsoft gun, but it worked fine, shot fine, and with the new shims and lube, was light on battery consumption, instead of the grinding noise and a hot battery after 1 mag when I just got it. By the way, it chronoed 380 in the middle of winter. The piston head pad has been glued on with magic or something, if you want to put a sorbo pad in, hats off to you, I gave up after stabbing myself twice in the finger. The plastic body has already cracked in various places, especially around the screw holes. If you are purely looking for performance... Well, might as well gamble with this one, you might get a lemon, but you might not. In the end, for around $160 ish, it's pretty fairly priced. (Also it's 18 guage wire)
yuhaoyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 10:21   #364
Grumpy

How do you mount a scope on a Kraken AK47? I don't see any rails to mont on. I am looking at buying one of these from cabellas as well, but I am caught between this and the Aftermath Lycaon (MP5)...they both look like good performers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by connormurphy View Post
i have the kraken aftermath AK-47 too, I gotta say I love the gun i have the black skin for mine tho. It it an amazing gun good fps fast shooting speed and also. I highly recommend this gun. I just recently purchased 10 new mid capacity mags because i find hi-cap make too much noise when moving. I am still waiting for them to get here but cant wait for them to get here. I ordered them or ehobbyaisa which has great prices! On my AK I have a tasco 30x red dot scope, i went to walmart and bought it for 50$ it works great!
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2009, 00:58   #365
Kingsix

buy a scope mount for an AK
Furniture with Rails
or do what the Insurgents do and duct tape it.
Old March 28th, 2009, 01:26   #366
EDWARD I. MAIDEN

Location: THIRD ROCK FROM THE SUN..FOR NOW..TILL' MY RIDE SHOW'S UP...
HEY all, I thought that the KRAKEN sold at Cabela's was made by firepower not aftermath..hence the differance..I just got off of their site and it said 300fps with.12.and a 400 rnd. mag..where as the aftermath is 370 to 380 fps with.20 and a 470 mag...the catalogue they sent me even said firepower beside the KRAKEN..I don't know but the weapon definately does not look the same as my aftermath KRAKEN..more clear part's on the firepower..just my observation..maybe a misprint on they're end..anyway make the best with what you have.. or can afford..beside's I'm sure we all started out with low end weapon's..even though my aftermath KRAKEN still freakin' rocks!
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea,for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath,because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast for it is a human number, its number is Six Hundred and Sixty-six."(Revelations Ch.x111 v18)

Last edited by EDWARD I. MAIDEN; March 28th, 2009 at 01:34..
EDWARD I. MAIDEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 17:47   #367
Grumpy

Does anyone happen to have a screen cap of the Cabelas.ca site where the Kraken AK-47 was listed @ $119. They have stock again and now the price is $179.99. They are flatout denying that they have ever listed it @ $119...what a bunch of turds, I should have ordered it when it was on backorder @ $119.00.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2009, 20:14   #368
airsoft newbie

how do you pull out the butt of the gun? in the manual it says to pull down but it doesnt work, and i even tried unscrewing the butt and all i got was a plastic cover underneath.
airsoft newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2009, 20:28   #369
yuhaoyang
asexual lumbricus terrestris

Send a message via MSN to yuhaoyang
push it down firmly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
The chinese steal everything. Haven't seen an original idea come out of that country yet.
yuhaoyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2009, 20:31   #370
airsoft newbie

well, i just fielded my kraken last weekend with .20 and .25 and it owned. my friends were scared of it, and the whole other team were aiming for me because of the high rate of fire (750 to 850 a minute it says on the package) they couldn't move. it has nice speed on it, and it shot accurately for quite a long distance. I am very satisfied so far with this gun. If you are looking at buying it, I would suggest going to: velocityarms.ca
and getting the "Crazy Aftermath Kraken Package", it comes with 2000 .20 and 2000 .25, as well as 3 metal 600 round mags.
airsoft newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2009, 20:38   #371
kalnaren

You must have been playing against people with shitty guns.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old June 16th, 2009, 20:53   #372
spaceman13
so far out of here, Nasa started tracking

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsoft newbie View Post
well, i just fielded my kraken last weekend with .20 and .25 and it owned. my friends were scared of it, and the whole other team were aiming for me because of the high rate of fire (750 to 850 a minute it says on the package) they couldn't move. it has nice speed on it, and it shot accurately for quite a long distance. I am very satisfied so far with this gun. If you are looking at buying it, I would suggest going to: velocityarms.ca
and getting the "Crazy Aftermath Kraken Package", it comes with 2000 .20 and 2000 .25, as well as 3 metal 600 round mags.
not really impressive.
Old June 17th, 2009, 14:21   #373
Sasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
You must have been playing against people with shitty guns.
The Kraken actually works about as well as anything I've ever come up against (the best being probably CAs), it just looks silly and makes a rather high piched noise when you shoot. But if you're a decent player, it's really all you need.

Until it brakes.

But then you just swap in some TM parts.
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2009, 18:32   #374
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
The Kraken actually works about as well as anything I've ever come up against (the best being probably CAs), it just looks silly and makes a rather high piched noise when you shoot. But if you're a decent player, it's really all you need.

Until it brakes.

But then you just swap in some TM parts.
Well, like I always say.. the player makes the gun, not the other way around.

Quote:
Old June 19th, 2009, 13:44   #375
sixb0nes

Picked one up for my starter gun and love it so far! Threw some Krylon on it for good measure.

From one newbie to another, here's a tip for taking off the orange tip! Remove the fake cleaning rod by pulling it down and out and unscrew the front sight. Put the sight with the orange tip under HOT running tap water for a minute or two, turning it every so often. Believe me when I say this thing is ON GOOD, and the hot water softens it just enough to make it possible to twist off with a set of pliers or grips.

sixb0nes is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews