Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

need help with equipment

:

Gear Discussion

Old July 30th, 2007, 00:11   #31
-Skeletor-
you can join at 16(an whatever months). must have grade 10 an have parental consent for Reserves

Reg force you can join at 17 with parental consent an you need your grade 10

When you are 18 an over than you no longer need parental consent, but at 16 an 17 you are still a minor.

Also, you don't need to get only issue/repro Canadian kit. Theres a lot of aftermarket kit being used, especially where I'am(Reg Force Infantry Battalion).

The tac vest kinda blows when you gotta carry 10 mags.. I got a bastardized version of the tac vest right now, got both C9/utilities pouches on it, got a woodland cam TT double mag pouch on the front(attached to the loops meant for the bayonet frog). Desert CADPAT CP Gear IFAK attached under the right C9 pouch an my bayonet is above my left C9 pouch.

My aftermarket rig is a tan TAG Rifleman Chest Rig
Old July 30th, 2007, 00:12   #32
[Lithium]

a cross between regular infantry, and special ops????? Just say youre impersonation CSOR.. its shorter.

For the most part, jtf-2, as far as i know tends to use the same weapons the rest of our armed forces use.. C7, C8, C6, mp5 (navy, i think)...

Then again, i aint JTF-2, so i cant say for sure.

HeL is another name i go by
[Lithium] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 00:18   #33
-Skeletor-
JTF2 an CSOR have a lot of toys..
Old July 30th, 2007, 02:45   #34
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

They certainly do, wasn't the P90 on their receipt?
Old July 30th, 2007, 04:55   #35
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
so basicly when i get my grade 10 next year i can join the local armoury with my folks permission which i have and ill be 17 at the time

about the airsoft stuff

so any armalite weapon or mp5n basicly

sidearm like browning hi-power or sig sauer p226(i no navy and MP uses the siggy not sure about army)

and is CP gear a good place to go for cadpat and such?
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 05:03   #36
philstructo

MP5 is one of them also C8 I think I dunno any others they dont have a big selection like the Seals but o well
philstructo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 05:26   #37
Bowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerch View Post
They certainly do, wasn't the P90 on their receipt?
i belive i read somewhere that the p90 was used as a pdw or it was gonna be used but that was a long time ago when i was a cadet (years ago) i will do some digging on that
Old July 30th, 2007, 06:21   #38
Ibby

Send a message via ICQ to Ibby
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSF-Bowers View Post
and is CP gear a good place to go for cadpat and such?
Yes! They make excellent quality gear. I have several items from them I use both for work and airsoft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstructo View Post
they dont have a big selection like the Seals but o well
Yeah, they do. They get what they need.
Old July 30th, 2007, 06:35   #39
Bowers

since i sometimes have to take the role of marksman is thier anywhere i can get a c3 as a airsoft?
Old July 30th, 2007, 07:21   #40
[Lithium]

have a look at the retailers lists at the top of the site... but, if youre jsut starting out, i wouldnt go for a marksmanship role yet..

"so basicly when i get my grade 10 next year i can join the local armoury with my folks permission which i have and ill be 17 at the time
"

Uhhhh, not quite. when you get your grade 10 and are 17, you can APPLY to join.. no gaurantees youll be accepted.

HeL is another name i go by
[Lithium] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 07:24   #41
Bowers

[QUOTE='[Lithium];510169']a cross between regular infantry, and special ops????? Just say youre impersonation CSOR.. its shorter.QUOTE]

see thats the thing we arent impersonating CSOR we are makeing a fictional sf unit this is the description me and my team captain came up with

"the TCSF is a special operations group formed from current special operations forces in canada the unit is capable of performing many operations varying from special warfare to conventional infantry combat the unit can also be assigned to and work along side many infantry units in canada the tcsf has been given full grant to whatever equipment needed to perform thier duties any member of the combat arms of any rank may join the TCSF after passing selection the unit is stationed in Dawson Creek, BC"

now i no that probly sounds really really lame and somewat i guess maybe going a tad over the top but hey what can ya do any serviceman who thinks my little "unit history" is stupid please i beg you be gentle lol
Old July 30th, 2007, 12:32   #42
Ibby

Send a message via ICQ to Ibby
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSF-Bowers View Post
now i no that probly sounds really really lame and somewat i guess maybe going a tad over the top but hey what can ya do any serviceman who thinks my little "unit history" is stupid please i beg you be gentle lol
Meh, we're all playing dress up in this game. Your unit idea/history sounds better than many I've heard. Go with what you want and enjoy.

As for the C3 rifle, it's not the only thing in use these days. The last real rifle I fired was the MacMillan Tac 50. Very nice unit. Here are a couple of resource sites that you might find useful:

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/home_e.asp
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/2_5.asp?cat=2
Old July 30th, 2007, 13:07   #43
-Skeletor-
Can always go for a designated marksman type set up aswell
Old July 30th, 2007, 13:36   #44
Bowers

what would be used for a destinguished marksman setup?
Old July 30th, 2007, 14:02   #45
Bowers

[QUOTE=Ibby;510370]Meh, we're all playing dress up in this game. Your unit idea/history sounds better than many I've heard. Go with what you want and enjoy. QUOTE]

thats so good to hear before airsoft i was rly into paintball and the people i would ask about replicateing military blah blah blah theyd like lose it at me and call me a n00b and to gtfo now or they will pwn me god it was like a counterstrike source server
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion