Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

People who want CF kit (non-surplus)

:

Gear Discussion

Old April 25th, 2010, 12:35   #16
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

RegF only gets tacvests when being deployed?

...eh? I dunno, personally I haven't seen any 'problems' with supply of kit with the exception of the CADPAT raingear. Everyone here in Shilo (and Gagetown for that matter) is able to get issued the equipment they need without having to be put on a waiting list. I've had most of my FFO since I finished Basic two years back for Christ's sake.

Just in case anybody doesn't know, any kit that is issued through a base supply, which is independent from a unit, is kept by the member until he/she releases from the military. Anything issued from a unit supply (quartermaster) is kept by the member until the leave that unit.
Base supply carries generic kit that everyone will be making use of, everything from combats to rucksacks to barrack boxes. Unit supplies will carry more job specific kit like ear defenders and BFA's.
Old April 25th, 2010, 14:09   #17
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cico View Post
Its has gotten to the point with our unit that guys go and either a. buy army "surplus" vests which can cost almost as much as a good rig or more. or b. they wear the patter 82 webbing(with auth from the CO).
That's just straight up bullshit that they have to buy a vest, especially at the price of a good rig, that shitty vest we get issued is only worth around $163 if I remember right.

But the original point, I fully agree wth, people, you don't need current issue CF gear, sure you mght LIKE to own it but there are people who NEED it, and I don't know bout others here but I know of units who're desperatly short on kit like the TV, I've heard of one unit who they took the TVs away from because an Infantry unit in the area did't have enough, but that's out ass end of somewhere or other.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified

Last edited by Gato; April 25th, 2010 at 14:14..
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2010, 15:05   #18
Loathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
That's just straight up bullshit that they have to buy a vest, especially at the price of a good rig, that shitty vest we get issued is only worth around $163 if I remember right.

But the original point, I fully agree wth, people, you don't need current issue CF gear, sure you mght LIKE to own it but there are people who NEED it, and I don't know bout others here but I know of units who're desperatly short on kit like the TV, I've heard of one unit who they took the TVs away from because an Infantry unit in the area did't have enough, but that's out ass end of somewhere or other.
Here in Kingston they will only issue you a TV if you are at an operational unit or deploying. A good friend of mine, who had one issued to him a whiles back - got it taken away from him because he didn't fit into those two categories at the time even though he was posted to a field unit (wasn't on a deploying roto at the time).

Now, oh shit, he needs one and they have to scramble to get one ordered for him through the unit.

The new army rain gear is a bitch once its own. The only reason I got mine was because I knew a Sgt, who knew a Sgt, who put my name down on a list somewhere and six months later I received an email saying to come pick up new rain gear.
Loathing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2010, 15:17   #19
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loathing View Post
Here in Kingston they will only issue you a TV if you are at an operational unit or deploying. A good friend of mine, who had one issued to him a whiles back - got it taken away from him because he didn't fit into those two categories at the time even though he was posted to a field unit (wasn't on a deploying roto at the time).

Now, oh shit, he needs one and they have to scramble to get one ordered for him through the unit.

The new army rain gear is a bitch once its own. The only reason I got mine was because I knew a Sgt, who knew a Sgt, who put my name down on a list somewhere and six months later I received an email saying to come pick up new rain gear.
May only be kingston then, Cause when i was a reservist (little over 2 years ago) we all had vests permanently, even though only a very few guys from our regiment were actually doing anything at any given time.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2010, 17:28   #20
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelusNex View Post
May only be kingston then, Cause when i was a reservist (little over 2 years ago) we all had vests permanently, even though only a very few guys from our regiment were actually doing anything at any given time.
EVERYONE in our unit has them, even guys with nothing but BMQ and some who don't even have that yet.
Old April 25th, 2010, 17:38   #21
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Quote:
EVERYONE in our unit has them, even guys with nothing but BMQ and some who don't even have that yet.
Are you agreeing with me (your reservist) or saying this whole thread is wrong (your reg force)
Old April 25th, 2010, 17:41   #22
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelusNex View Post
Are you agreeing with me (your reservist) or saying this whole thread is wrong (your reg force)
I'm reservist, reg force or not though, if people don't have the kit they'll be using if the ever do go operational, how are they expected to become accustomed to it?
Old April 25th, 2010, 17:42   #23
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Quote:
I'm reservist, reg force or not though, if people don't have the kit they'll be using if the ever do go operational, how are they expected to become accustomed to it?
which is the problem with most reg force guys.
Old April 25th, 2010, 20:58   #24
Infidel
formerly Grimm Reaper

Send a message via MSN to Infidel
Depending on the base you are at and the unit you are posted to will depend on if you get field gear. Air Force and Navy pers attached to a Field unit will get FFO. Army guys posted to a none field unit probably will just have the basics.

Also some bases, such as the smaller ones like Kingston have a much smaller stock and sometimes they dont have enough to issue to people who need them. I know some people who wernt issued winter KIT till mid February last year.

Even if you are deploying it can still be like pulling teeth to get the KIT you need, depending on the base you are on at the time.

~Grimm
Old April 25th, 2010, 21:22   #25
mopic

While I understand your frustraion Kokanee, Your frustration should be levelled at your fellow colleages and supply techs who are stealing property. I think it is beyond the scope of anyone buying equipment to know if the stuff they are buying is stolenor legally sourced.
mopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2010, 21:34   #26
pugs144

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopic View Post
I think it is beyond the scope of anyone buying equipment to know if the stuff they are buying is stolen or legally sourced.
The type of kit Kokanee moentioned could not be not "legally sourced."
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2010, 21:35   #27
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs144 View Post
The type of kit Kokanee moentioned could not be not "legally sourced."
alot of people wouldnt know, I wouldnt have had any Idea if I hadn't just read this thread

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2010, 21:37   #28
pugs144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenooblord View Post
alot of people wouldnt know, I wouldnt have had any Idea if I hadn't just read this thread
Hence the reason why this thread is stickied. Ya feel me?
Old April 25th, 2010, 21:48   #29
Infidel
formerly Grimm Reaper

Send a message via MSN to Infidel
Did anyone know that they shred and burn CADPAT uniforms?

~Thanato
Old April 25th, 2010, 21:55   #30
pugs144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm Reaper View Post
Did anyone know that they shred and burn CADPAT uniforms?

~Thanato
Yup, they cut up a pair of unserviceable pants I exchanged in front of me one time.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion