Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft Insurance and new standards in 2013

:

General

Old May 27th, 2013, 17:19   #31
MultipleParadox

All in all, until this is clarified by actual fact from 1st degree people in the know, this all is just rumours.

Having a contact in the know does not make 1st degree either;

As someone said, why bringing this here without giving actual details etc?
The more this goes, te more it sounds like a BS attempt at poliics stirrin things in whatever obscure direction, for reasons we have yet to know; if this is the case, the question is: how does sayin this profits to, and how?

'Nyways, I know I'll continue to shoot BBs all summer :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev140_0 View Post
When I called the cops on my own field (twice) to make sure we were ok, the very first question the cops asked was proximity to the road.

"so, you guys are all geared up etc etc with the steel, how far are you from the road"? (he asked)

Very first question he had. When I replied well over 1000 feet in, complete out of public view, he was right on board and his tone changed from questioning to mild interest.

I am sure this has something to do with it.
Law enforcement and Insurance are two *completely* different matters; not sure why bringing this, unless you think there's correlation between the two?

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 17:31   #32
Trev140_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultipleParadox View Post

Law enforcement and Insurance are two *completely* different matters; not sure why bringing this, unless you think there's correlation between the two?

I pm'ed you my response to keep that off the General.

"....Your life is ending one minute at a time..."

Trev140_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 17:33   #33
Kit
Ride Sleds!

Send a message via MSN to Kit Send a message via Skype™ to Kit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev140_0 View Post
When I called the cops on my own field (twice) to make sure we were ok, the very first question the cops asked was proximity to the road.

"so, you guys are all geared up etc etc with the steel, how far are you from the road"? (he asked)

Very first question he had. When I replied well over 1000 feet in, complete out of public view, he was right on board and his tone changed from questioning to mild interest.

I am sure this has something to do with it.

Hmm well still more business for the private fields with little to no public view.
Old May 27th, 2013, 18:16   #34
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Why do people keep bringing up the clear lowwers lol. Thats just someone speculating and we can all be almost certian that would not be implemented for any reason. The only things that could/may change would be safety related like face protection fps limits or perhaps even bb weight limits. Eithet way if some things do change its only a matter of people complaining (policy holders that is) about say lower fps limits and providing good reason/arguements as to why a higher limit is acceptable (ie a paintball at 350fps has far more energy then an airsoft bb traveling the same velocity)
And again without the OP sharing this major change that is gonna effect airsoft its all a bunch of BS we dont hear flagraiders suggesting there will be changes to the rules regarding airsoft played on PB fields and other fields that are either private and dont even carry insureance. Or other fields who operate with special events insureance as opposed to PB/airsoft insureance wouldnt be effected by this anyhow.
Perhaps the OP eithet A. Had a crappy insureance company or B. Has had too many claims over the same crap (ie missing teeth. Broken ankles or knees (due to a poorly maintained field or some crap) or too many soccer moms claiming injuries for their kids for the above stuff.
Or even more so it couod be a case of minors somehow getting admited without their actuall parent or guardian signing the waiver then said parrent tryin to sue for something. In that case they may require the parent to actually remain at the field or even play as well (not a problem for airsoft ad most of us dont let minors on the field without parents anyhow)

Either way as long as the OP feels his info is too valueable to share with those that it will effect most then we wont know what the big deal is.
So speak up AG share your secret with us so we can stop playin guessing games
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 18:17   #35
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Maybe it's just the altitude, but...

34 posts in and I still have no fucking clue what is going on.

Is the sky falling again?
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 18:27   #36
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post

Something like that.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 18:31   #37
sticks

Send a message via MSN to sticks
Quote:

The Sky is not falling nor is it going to fall. It's just someone(the OP) stirring the shit.
sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 18:34   #38
hollywood...
cranky old man

can't we just ban AdrenalineGuy......... and bring balance to the Force?

seriously, this shit needs to be put to bed once and for all
Old May 27th, 2013, 18:38   #39
Mr. inked

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks View Post
The Sky is not falling nor is it going to fall. It's just someone(the OP) stirring the shit.
he who stirs the shit
must lick the spoon
Live and die on this day
Mr. inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 18:39   #40
Kit
Ride Sleds!

Send a message via MSN to Kit Send a message via Skype™ to Kit
Quote:

Well said.. Shit.
Old May 27th, 2013, 18:40   #41
Adrenalineguy

Sorry to get this started and not be able to be by the computer for awhile to contribute.

For the first time in 13 years we got a new application for Insurance for both paintball and Airsoft this year.

The following were the Airsoft rules

Air-Soft Rules and Regulations
1. Outdoor air-soft velocity not to exceed 350 ft/s which allows for a .20 to .22 BB (1 to 1.5 joule)

2. Indoor air-soft velocity not to exceed 285 to 300 ft/s. which allows for a .20 BB (1 joule)

3. Keeping in mind the velocity of no higher then 350 ft/s for outdoor and 300 ft/s for indoor, regulation goggles, including balaclava or full face masks must be worn at all times while in the gaming area.

4. Preference is for all players to use only facility approved and owned air-soft guns and pellets. In the event participants are allowed to use their own guns (clear plastic only, Air guns that are firearms for purposes of both the Firearms Act and the Criminal Code are prohibited) the facility must check all non owned air-soft guns to assure that they adhere to the velocity restrictions and are not rigged with larger springs, to obtain higher velocities. Only approved pellets supplied by the facility will be allowed.

5. Absolute Minimum age to play is 16 and any player 16 or 17 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian present. All players must present valid ID. Photo portion and Date of Birth required.

6. Waivers must be signed by all participants and if under 18 must also be signed by a parent or legal guardian. We must have written confirmation from the insured, that these rules and regulations will be part of their Air-Soft operation.

We were very concerned to see them be so outdated. Some what unsafe and certainly un-usable. We could not make a business work around this rules set.

I post this for a few reasons.
1 To look to network with other operators for solutions
2.to show how fragile our young sport/industry is
3. to help highlight the need for an |Industry association to help deal with things like this as the sport/industry grows.
Adrenalineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 18:41   #42
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. inked View Post
he who stirs the shit
must lick the spoon
There is no spoon.

I have a spork I can sell you however.
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 18:42   #43
MADDOG

Cool

Well I guess you have special insurance requirements to account for the "MOBBS" factor

Cry Havoc, Let slip the Dogs of War!

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
MADDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 18:43   #44
Mr. inked

so its just YOUR insurance that changed how in the flying fuck is that going to change for all of canada.....

and gunk i could use a spork =p haha
Live and die on this day
Mr. inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 18:50   #45
hollywood...
cranky old man

there is no amount of insurance to protect against MOBBS,....
in addition,... there is no way in hell Adrenalinguy typed the response, as it is both free of spelling and grammer errors

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General