Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

"Enhanced" hammer spring?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old August 14th, 2015, 17:44   #1
8bitninja

So I've rebuilt my G26 from the ground up using the Guarder frame and lubed all the right spots -- this is fun! One of items left is the Guarder enhanced spring set which includes the recoil and hammer spring. I've installed the recoil spring in anticipation of the aluminum slide to come, but noticed the hammer spring too late since I've reassembled.

The question is should I bother to install the Guarder "enhanced" hammer spring? I haven't and won't be changing the knocker, valves, etc. so I'm guessing the answer is "just leave it be". From my limited knowledge, there will be minimal, if any, difference to change the hammer spring in this case. Am I right?

------

TOP TIP just for me... when installing the mag release, you can reach from inside the mag well. I remember the first time I tried, I worked it all from the top, silly me.
Old August 14th, 2015, 17:51   #2
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
So in other words you havent rebuilt your glock at all, you just put all the stock parts back into a new frame.

If you are not going to bother changing out the stock parts what was the point? As well, if you are installing a metal frame I would assume you are going to be using propane. If you are, you indeed do want to install the hammer spring, and it is highly recommended you get a steel sear as it is a high stress part.

You should really invest in reading the lengthy but very informative sticky in this same forum about upgrading TM glocks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2015, 18:05   #3
8bitninja

I've changed everything except things inside the hammer unit (?) or the valves (including inside the BBU) itself. I've also read that thread extensively which guided my upgrade path.

So based on your comment there is no point to touching that until it's broken because of course, one changed part in there will have a cascade effect of needing to reinforce the rest. My key point is since I haven't changed the input (ie gas delivery) there is no gain from a hammer spring changed... Sound right?

NB: I have another thread with plenty of insightful replies where I essentially asked what realized benefits there would be to increase velocity, not knowing if it is currently low (in general). I didn't believe there would be and hence I haven't touched gas delivery yet... Which leads to this question

Last edited by 8bitninja; August 14th, 2015 at 18:09..
8bitninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2015, 19:09   #4
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Are you going to propane.....or are you going to stick with DUSTER gas?

You are going to a much heavier slide with a recoil spring installed. You will HAVE to use propane to get it to cycle....which will lead to you having to upgrade your hammer spring, which will lead to your sear coming under more stress which is why it should be upgraded.

Seriously, a sear is like 10 dollars. Put that and you 150% hammer spring in and use propane and you will be fine.

As for FPS being a factor, it would only be an issue if it was your primary weapon. Then you would want something atleast around 300 fps on .2's

You should really be using .25's at minimum with gas weapons tho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2015, 19:19   #5
8bitninja

I'm using propane and under the impression that Marui these days are generally ok. So in your experience I should grab and upgraded sear in expectation it will prematurely fail? Sounds good, thanks for your input!
Old August 14th, 2015, 19:20   #6
8bitninja

Oh and for FPS it's doing 240 on .25 but that's in another thread

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications