Bolt not quite fitting BBU

:

Doctor's Corner

Old August 3rd, 2016, 12:26   #1
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Bolt not quite fitting BBU

Hey all,

I have an issue with a bbu housing for my glock. The screw holding the piston in place is just slightly to small to hold it in place. I have looked at home depot, lowes ect and no place has a bolt that fits correctly. If I apply teflon tape to the current screw it stays in place but I can still pull it out with pliers.

Any recommendations on what I can do to get a proper fitting screw, or make my current one stay in place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2016, 12:35   #2
leth1337

Brafasco (spelling?). Take the screw you have and they will be able to match it. If they don't have it they can order one but you might have to spend $10 minimum or something
Old August 3rd, 2016, 13:15   #3
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
Hey all,

I have an issue with a bbu housing for my glock. The screw holding the piston in place is just slightly to small to hold it in place. I have looked at home depot, lowes ect and no place has a bolt that fits correctly. If I apply teflon tape to the current screw it stays in place but I can still pull it out with pliers.

Any recommendations on what I can do to get a proper fitting screw, or make my current one stay in place?
Got calipers? Are you looking for a flat head screw or is there room for a ball head screw?

I have a couple screws lying around that might fit or cut one for you if you know the size.

Quick question though: is this screw stock or is it something you've added? Just wondering in case the threads on the bbu might have been damaged.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2016, 13:19   #4
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Yah I am not quite sure. Its all aftermarket parts and the stock screw didnt work.

I had a freind take a look at he said he had a screw that fit and returned it to me...since then it had nothing but problems till Turok looked at it and fixed everything up...but now that screw is loose and doesnt fit.

Not sure if my friend damaged the threads or what is going on. Might need to get it re-threaded, and a new screw... there is room for a ball head, and I do not have calipers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2016, 13:53   #5
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Also Fastenol carries sizes of bolts, etc. You may need to buy a box of 50, but still pretty cheap usually.
Old August 4th, 2016, 12:04   #6
RainyEyes

Every good story starts with "my friend took a look at it and I've been having problems ever since".

Don't want to point the finger at him but you might want to ask both your docs what maintenance was done on the guns before trying new solutions.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner