Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Frequently Asked Questions
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Age Verification FAQ's - updated 2014 version

:

Frequently Asked Questions

Old August 14th, 2016, 00:35   #46
localfreerider
willing to perform services in a dark alley that may or may not leave you satisfied for a title. GFE = 1, looks = 2, BBFS for an extra $50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchio View Post
Why do you ask to meet someone in person to be age verified? I wonder what the liability is if something were to go south during an impromptu meeting. I would imagine the adminstrators of this site would bars some responsibility.
We verify people in person to keep a level of honesty and integrity in relation to the sales of airsoft guns on ASC. The community polices itself to keep scammers/fraudsters out of the mix and a relatively high assurance that the person your dealing with is on the level.

I don't see why we would have to go south to get age verified as it is a simple and painless process but if you insist and are paying may I suggest Cancun...

If you are implying that something terrible could happen during the AV process such as but not limited to (Earthquake, tsunami, nuclear/biological/terrorist attack, zombie apocalypse, ninjas or raging unicorns, ect...) rest assured that we have age verified thousands of members without such incident.

Should the un-inevitable happen it goes without saying that you are solely responsible for yourself.

Last edited by localfreerider; August 14th, 2016 at 14:43..
localfreerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2016, 08:25   #47
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchio View Post
I am curious... So please don't take this the wrong way.

Why do you ask to meet someone in person to be age verified? I wonder what the liability is if something were to go south during an impromptu meeting. I would imagine the adminstrators of this site would bars some responsibility.

I am in Ottawa and I am still waiting for a response to get verified.

Just curious that's all. I have never seen this type of verification for a sport before.
How can we NOT take it the wrong way when you think meeting someone for a quick age verification can go south? What do you mean?

It's the same as meeting up for a kijiji sale or buying alcohol from a retailer. We have a product to offer that you're interested. Said product is regulated by law. This is a law abiding site that self regulates and decided to follow it by imposing guidelines for meeting regulations. You must be 18+ to buy simple as that. Asc is a product that allows you to BST and follow the law to the best of its ability AND provide accountability.

Worst that could happen is you get scammed and we call the police with the documentation on hand to follow through with an investigation. They do not have this implemented on Red flag deals or kijiji.

It is very simple. It is difficult to implement but it is done properly and successfully on these forums afaik.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2016, 21:56   #48
Mad_mechanic

Hello, their is no local rep I My area I have tried to contact reps on other areas closer to me here in Alberta but have had no luck getting age verification back can I get some help with this please,
Thank you
Mad_mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2016, 22:39   #49
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Who have you tried contacting and when? It is the Christmas season so people are quite busy. We'll help get you in touch with your nearest verifier and you can set up a meeting with them.

James at B2 Airsoft in Edmonton is one of our reps as well, so you can kill two birds with one stone by hitting up his store, just make sure he's going to be there as you're driving reasonably far. If you have any other friends who wish to get age verified you can road trip with them to make it easier as long as they have active accounts. Don't forget your government issued photo ID either or you'll be doing the trip again.
Old May 1st, 2017, 11:14   #50
Kayakee

Hi

I sent an email for age verification in my area but I haven't receive an answer.

Is the verification is done on a frequence period as Once a month?
Kayakee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2017, 22:54   #51
shrapnel

Hahaha! I've been a member here since 2006 and I am still not verified! I guess in 2024 my account will automatically be verified!
shrapnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2017, 10:51   #52
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrapnel View Post
Hahaha! I've been a member here since 2006 and I am still not verified! I guess in 2024 my account will automatically be verified!
sounds like you have been lazy and not met up with a verifier, and you will never be "automatically" verified.
Old August 5th, 2017, 20:51   #53
texchild51

Exclamation Already Verified

What if I was already verified by the rep months ago but they have not added it to my profile?
Old August 5th, 2017, 22:40   #54
Wardlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by texchild51 View Post
What if I was already verified by the rep months ago but they have not added it to my profile?
It says "Age Verified" right under your profile picture..
Old August 5th, 2017, 23:11   #55
Datawraith

Think admins pushed his verification through when he posted it. He had a sale ad up about an hour after he posted this.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 21:23   #56
bmtrinh

Why cant i reply to any classifieds postings?

I have been age verified by Ken at 007 and for some reason I still cant post replies to any postings
bmtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 22:41   #57
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmtrinh View Post
I have been age verified by Ken at 007 and for some reason I still cant post replies to any postings
because you cannot post on another persons sale thread you must PM/email them
this prevents the thread from being bumped prior to the 7day period and keeps thread clean
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 22:45   #58
bmtrinh

wow thanks so much haha that makes so much more sense
bmtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2018, 13:19   #59
dorik

Hi. I want to be age verified. what should I do?
dorik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2018, 13:56   #60
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorik View Post
Hi. I want to be age verified. what should I do?
Step 1: learn to read.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Frequently Asked Questions