Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Novritsch SSG-24

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 28th, 2019, 21:42   #1
joshua3302

Novritsch SSG-24

Have anyone imported the Novritsch SSG-24 to Canada? Any problems with customs?
Custom fee, duties cost etc? How long for order to arrive? Any info appreciated.
Satisfied with it?
joshua3302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2019, 08:15   #2
jondoesartstuff

I've heard it isn't too bad bringing it. But there IS the chance that it gets held up before getting here for "testing".
As for satisfied, from a majority of the people I've talked to... it's a lemon.
Silverback SRS is kind of leading the way.
But if you're looking for that M24 style... you don't have much else to go besides the SSG 24 or his baby brother Mod24.
Mod it out yourself if you're comfy.
jondoesartstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2019, 09:57   #3
Yannix

I have used the ssg24 for a summer, and i think there is just so much hate just because its Novritsch. Tested with a friend, To get the same-ish performance, it comes around nearly the same price in the end. It is great if you want high performance out of the box without being a sniper tech.

Only reason ive sold it is that the fields a play at allows the DMR snipers the same fps limit as the Bolt action snipers, so i switched platform. Also Being more of a CQB kind of guy helped that sale.

I had no trouble importing the SSG to canada at all and spare parts.
Yannix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2019, 15:13   #4
joshua3302

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondoesartstuff View Post
I've heard it isn't too bad bringing it. But there IS the chance that it gets held up before getting here for "testing".
But if you're looking for that M24 style... you don't have much else to go besides the SSG 24 or his baby brother Mod24.
The SSG 24 seems to have lots of good reviews on you tube. By lemon do you mean performance wise or durability?
Old May 29th, 2019, 15:15   #5
joshua3302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannix View Post
I have used the ssg24 for a summer, and i think there is just so much hate just because its Novritsch. Tested with a friend, To get the same-ish performance, it comes around nearly the same price in the end. It is great if you want high performance out of the box without being a sniper tech.

Only reason ive sold it is that the fields a play at allows the DMR snipers the same fps limit as the Bolt action snipers, so i switched platform. Also Being more of a CQB kind of guy helped that sale.

I had no trouble importing the SSG to canada at all and spare parts.
What are you using for a DMR? My local field has a fps limit of 440 for DMR and 480 for sniper rifle. Could a upgraded DMR at 420 fps compete with a upgraded sniper rifle for distance and accuracy?
Old May 29th, 2019, 20:30   #6
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua3302 View Post
What are you using for a DMR? My local field has a fps limit of 440 for DMR and 480 for sniper rifle. Could a upgraded DMR at 420 fps compete with a upgraded sniper rifle for distance and accuracy?
to a certain extent, it really depends what fields you're playing on. In manitoba the fields were more jungle-like, the avg engagement distance with my VSR was about 50-75 feet. It's pretty rare to run into a circumstance where I would even need to shoot someone 300ft away in Mb, so the only advantage I had was that it was dead silent.
In Ab, I'd say most shots are 100-250ft at smaller fields, and usually 250-350 at the bigger ones.
Don't expect to be getting single shot kills at 350ft with a DMR, but you have the advantage of being able to follow up faster.
Bolt action rifles are more for pride than anything else. The added range is a bonus, but unless you have a good team working with you, (again, depending on the field) it's completely offset by not being able to do anything against people within 100ft.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2019, 08:45   #7
Yannix

Quote:
Here both dmr and bolts are at 450fps.
As ThunderCactus said, Fire rate goes to DMR. Bolt is going to be silent and have a little more range depending on platform and setups.

i'm more of a run and gun guy so I switched up to dmr.
Right now I dont have a Proper dmr. using kwa hk416 with a TnT kit inside that i tested two weeks ago for the first time. Shoots stupid straight but not consistent enough to my liking(gas) and not yet to 450, planning on doing that later.

Not sure wich AEG i'm going to use as a proper dmr yet. Might even go for HPA.
Summer has to freakin start in quebec first!

Last edited by Yannix; May 30th, 2019 at 08:51..
Old May 30th, 2019, 14:29   #8
joshua3302

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
to a certain extent, it really depends what fields you're playing on. In manitoba the fields were more jungle-like, the avg engagement distance with my VSR was about 50-75 feet. It's pretty rare to run into a circumstance where I would even need to shoot someone 300ft away in Mb, so the only advantage I had was that it was dead silent.
In Ab, I'd say most shots are 100-250ft at smaller fields, and usually 250-350 at the bigger ones.
Don't expect to be getting single shot kills at 350ft with a DMR, but you have the advantage of being able to follow up faster.
Bolt action rifles are more for pride than anything else. The added range is a bonus, but unless you have a good team working with you, (again, depending on the field) it's completely offset by not being able to do anything against people within 100ft.
350 feet is very rare with a bolt action also. 300 ft with accuracy is considered very good and 250 ft more common
Old May 30th, 2019, 14:31   #9
joshua3302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannix View Post
Here both dmr and bolts are at 450fps.
As ThunderCactus said, Fire rate goes to DMR. Bolt is going to be silent and have a little more range depending on platform and setups.

i'm more of a run and gun guy so I switched up to dmr.
Right now I dont have a Proper dmr. using kwa hk416 with a TnT kit inside that i tested two weeks ago for the first time. Shoots stupid straight but not consistent enough to my liking(gas) and not yet to 450, planning on doing that later.

Not sure wich AEG i'm going to use as a proper dmr yet. Might even go for HPA.
Summer has to freakin start in quebec first!
Just one question defining a DMR and rules. Does automatic fire have to be disabled? Or is using a AEG M4 only on semi acceptable?
Old May 30th, 2019, 14:37   #10
joshua3302

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondoesartstuff View Post
Back to the Novritsch SSG-24. Being a lemon? I have been hard pressed to find a bad review online. Performance wise or durability?
Old May 30th, 2019, 15:11   #11
chaz

Quote:
Back to the Novritsch SSG-24. Being a lemon? I have been hard pressed to find a bad review online. Performance wise or durability?
#NovritschFanBois
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2019, 15:12   #12
Yannix

Quote:
Just one question defining a DMR and rules. Does automatic fire have to be disabled? Or is using a AEG M4 only on semi acceptable?
at my fields, yes, as a DMR you are not allowed to use full auto if you fire above 400fps. Not worth wasting ammo in full auto when you can fire accurately at 85m with heavier BBs tho!
Old May 30th, 2019, 15:15   #13
Yannix

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
#NovritschFanBois
Man, having had it, it's a great rifle. Don't judge it if you haven't tried it first!

Last edited by Yannix; May 30th, 2019 at 15:47..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank