Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

recievers, recievers,where do i get metal recievers without taking out a second morgatge

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 13th, 2009, 09:36   #1
ripanu1

Question recievers, recievers,where do i get metal recievers without taking out a second morgatge

hello there canadian airsofters i was just wondering if there is a way to get a ar-15/m4a1 metal u/l recievers without paying all out doors ive alreadt put out over a grand on a few of my guns and foolishly attemted to bring in some trying the hit and miss technique through customs from ebairsoft.com (wrong) customs siezed every one i can get anything else but the recievers at a fraction of the cost the reciever im looking for is the stoner sr25 i find it sad that our government treats us like little kids im 40 years old and cant buy certain items for my aeg's but if your in a bussiness you can purchase them over seas for around 50.90 us u/l and sell them to your citizens for 200-300 dollars what a bunch of money hungry hippocrits.

Last edited by TokyoSeven; April 13th, 2009 at 11:48.. Reason: Removed personal info. Please do not request to purchase parts. Please review rules.
ripanu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 09:45   #2
TCLP

Being age verified is your only option.
TCLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 10:03   #3
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripanu1 View Post
hello there canadian airsofters i was just wondering if there is a way to get a ar-15/m4a1 metal u/l recievers without paying all out doors ive alreadt put out over a grand on a few of my guns and foolishly attemted to bring in some trying the hit and miss technique through customs from ebairsoft.com (wrong) customs siezed every one i can get anything else but the recievers at a fraction of the cost the reciever im looking for is the stoner sr25 i find it sad that our government treats us like little kids im 40 years old and cant buy certain items for my aeg's but if your in a bussiness you can purchase them over seas for around 50.90 us u/l and sell them to your citizens for 200-300 dollars what a bunch of money hungry hippocrits.
time for you to read the FAQ's and get age verified. only way to go about getting/finding metal receivers from these boards.

there's a good chance that trying to do the hit and miss importing has flagged all of your shipments to be inspected which will probably lead to more seizures.

Last edited by TokyoSeven; April 13th, 2009 at 11:49..
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 10:37   #4
L473ncy

After getting Verified they're still at least $200 so you're SOL if you want any cheaper.
Old April 13th, 2009, 11:17   #5
Forever_kaos

They're expensive once they hit Canada for a reason.

Currency conversion.
Custom fees
Tax's
Shipping costs.
Handeling fee (possible, not 100% sure on this myself)
Probably a few more on this list too.
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 11:54   #6
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

If you are interested in using this websites classified sections then you look into aquiring this websites age verifacation. Airsoft Canada
Once that is completed you will be granted access to this websites buy and sell where you may find a reciever you would be interested in. Prices vary from seller to seller and prices are a fair bit higher than those that we see over seas but its one of the only options in Canada at the moment for aquiring a reciever in country. Due to the nature of airsoft and other items deemed to be replicas in Canada, prices will be substantially higher, but that is to reflect the difficulty of aquiring them due to the special licensing that is required to bring an item such as a reciever into country.

Ive edited your post and any quotings of your initial post to remove your personal info and contact information. Please review our rules and policies as it is a violation to post a request to purchase parts on our website without age verfacation.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 15:45   #7
Crunchmeister

Metal AR receivers are quite scarce in Canada due to import laws. You've already been a victim of multiple reciever seizures, so you know first hand how difficult it is to import such items.

It's the basic law of supply and demand that governs the price on these items. The high demand and very low supply, combined with the difficulty and high cost of getting these items into the country in the first place put a high price premium on them.

As was already mentioned, if you really want a receiver, the only surefire way to get one is to get age-verified and wait for one to pop up for sale in the classifieds. But you will be paying in the $200+ range for them regardless what their overseas prices may be. That's just the reality of airsoft in Canada.

So what it boils down to is you have 2 options - you either suck it up and pay the money for what you want, or you stick with your plastic receivers.
Old April 13th, 2009, 15:48   #8
lemegacool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post

So what it boils down to is you have 2 options - you either suck it up and pay the money for what you want, or you stick with your plastic receivers.
sad but true i just bought a g&p metal body and i could nearly have bought a clone aeg with what it costed me, but the final resut of my build will be wayyyyyy worth it!!

member of fire team NOM. my other regular forum: www.toyotanation.com / gen3,gen4 camry
lemegacool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 15:51   #9
Crunchmeister

Yeah, I just lucked into a lightly used Guarder C7A2 receiver here in the classifieds about a month ago. I managed to get it for a very reasonable $175. It's finally completed the real C7 look on my CA M15 rifle.

Receivers do pop up for under $200 occasionally, but it's rare, and when they do, they go fast.
Old April 13th, 2009, 15:55   #10
kalnaren

Best solution is to poney up the money for a CA, ICS, or G&P gun originally.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank