Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Boots: What kind do you got?

:

Gear Discussion

Old July 6th, 2010, 17:19   #31
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Of issued boots, the MkIII's are my favorite.

But now I wear Magnum Force 8.0's in garrison and SWAT Original 8's in the field.
Old July 6th, 2010, 17:39   #32
iballBRODY
a.k.a. 123Brody12345

Send a message via MSN to iballBRODY
i picked up a pair of black "Black Stones" with the tags still on em' for 14.99 from value village they work great
Originally Posted by Jimski View Post

Bob Marley is in your AEG
iballBRODY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 17:47   #33
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skeletor- View Post
I dunno how so many guys hear like the MKIII Combat Boots.
The only time I ever found the MkIIIs super comfy was after installing those thick felt mukluk insoles into them. Holy shit they were amazing for the 14hrs I wore them. Before and after that (when the felt compressed to 1/4 the normal thickness) all I ever got was sore feet and a sore lower back.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 18:30   #34
shadow_matter

Send a message via MSN to shadow_matter
Depends on the terrain.

Easy terrain (Flag Raiders): Red Head Big Horn 9"

Rough terrain/hiking: Merrell Perimeters in leather

"I play airsoft, yes yes..."

Last edited by shadow_matter; July 6th, 2010 at 18:33..
shadow_matter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 18:34   #35
ZIP

Send a message via ICQ to ZIP
Matterhorn 1997. The best I ever had!
My leg fill great in them in -25 and +25.
Socks never get too wet.

http://equipcenter.ru/
ZIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 23:24   #36
disasterarea

Danner Side Zip II GTX. Comfortable as fuck, fast to put on, and pretty good quality. Mine need some repairs, the zipper broke on one, and one of the eyelets is coming out, but still.
disasterarea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 00:24   #37
hondatech

I've got a set of Altama ExoSpeed side-zips, and set of Altama ExoSpeed II 8"(Stay away from their Sage color, it's screaming mint green!), and a pair of Gore-Tex Magnum Stealth II's. The size zip ExoSpeeds are, hands down, the most comfortable, longest lasting boots I have ever owned. I should have got another set, instead I figured the ExoSpeed IIs would have to be better, right? Nope, still very good boots, but not as comfy at the originals. The Magnums rank a distinct third, but they're waterproof, so they have their use. Of course, I can also chuck on a pair of SealSkinz socks under the ExoSpeeds when it's wet out...
Old July 7th, 2010, 00:50   #38
ouyin2000

I used to swear by the MkIII issued boots, but once I wore my 5.11 HRT Tans for 7 months, going back to the MkIIIs was just painful.

MkIII - PROs: Very durable. Solidly constructed all leather. Had a couple of pairs of them, and in 4 years havn't had any problems with soles coming apart, rips, tears, or anything.
CONs: Once you try something designed for comfort, going back to these is unbearable. There is no padding whatsoever in them. It's just leather wrapping around your feet.
Also, they take quite some time to break them in properly. Soaking them in hot water helps to speed this along a bit.

5.11 HRT Tan - PROs: Very comfortable. I wore them for 7 months straight with no confort issues at all. Very quick to break in too. Would recommend them for garrison duty.
CONs: The construction was just not up to par for 7 months in Trashcanistan. By the end of it, the soles on both boots were seperating, the laces that come with the boots were falling apart (easily fixed), the lace eyelets were ripping, and the crease point on top of the toes was cracking. (It probably didn't help that I ended up soaking both boots in diesel fuel, haha)

Up next for me are the 5.11 ATAC Storms and Original SWATs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakedestroyer
Watching videos and reading a book means dick all. By that thought process I can read a book on advanced physics and Kung Fu and make rockets that could round-house kick mars
ouyin2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 01:25   #39
swatt13
Captain Awesome

i had some magnum boots which were awesome, but i got some bates m9 and theyre fantastic id marry em if i live in texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 07:41   #40
Milee
formerly thetsuo12

Send a message via MSN to Milee Send a message via Skype™ to Milee
I wear Bates GX8 400.
It's my first pair of real boots, so I can't compare.
But I've spend many entire days hiking and playing and never felt pain or discomfort.
Old July 7th, 2010, 09:18   #41
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt_poncho View Post
I hate to disagree but I have had both the Bates USMC Gortex boots and the Belleville USMC Gortex boots and I have to say Belleville won in the comfort department. The Bates pinched in ankle area and just did not feel like clouds on my feet.
I'm a bit surprised to hear that, mostly because you rate the Bellevilles better. I had a pair of 550STs and, annoyance with drain holes in boots aside, while I found them comfortable I flat out stopped wearing them after I got the Bates'.

I've worn the Bates Goretex in all weather, all year round, and was never let down; they aren't as light weight as some other boots I still find them more comfortable than anything else I've worn, including some hiking shoes (Marrell Moab Goretex, Columbia Tigertooth), especially if I'm wearing them a long time/walking a lot.
Old July 7th, 2010, 10:04   #42
VooDooPeteK

oldschool converse high tops in black (or just paint them)...nuff said

ok on a serious note, I think you will get a vast variety on answers as everything takes to boots different just like other gear.

Personally I have tried a bunch out but I keep going back to an old pair of work boots that I started with as my feet stay kinda dry in water and my feet don't hurt at the end of the day like with some of the others I have tried.
VooDooPeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:54   #43
Slick Rick

converse tactical 8" light, breath well, great support....
they're like combat slippers, perfect for seasoned players or those coming out of a chairsofting phase lol
Old July 7th, 2010, 18:38   #44
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

USGI Jungle Boots, 60s Pattern.
(repro) Corcoran Jump Boots, WW2 Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 19:32   #45
attack-beaver

old boot: was magnum stealth II's wore those boots for 4 years every day had to retire them because they fell apart.

Current boot: BlackHawk warrior wear boots, not bad comfy however in my my boot after wearing them for a few hours they don't breath those your foot gets stuck and when i try to remove my foot i tore the inside near the ball of the foot, still wearable but looking at something else

future boot: oakley SI 8in assault boot, after looking at them in persona and trying them on i find them really comfy good design behind the boot. dunno if they are water poof or not. doesn't matter even "water proof" boots aren't always water proof.
attack-beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion