Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Skinny Tall Guys - Vest Sizing?

:

Gear Discussion

Old June 7th, 2010, 17:16   #16
MSZ-006C1

Hi guys,
I'm a newcomer here and not even from Canada (it's complicate).

I need some advice for a friend of mine who's really tall. He's 6"5, and quite skinny, so I thought this would be an appropriate thread.

My friend is actually playing with a danish camo. He would like to add CADPAT to his wardrobe, but he is facing an issue.
He believes he won't be able to find anything his size in CADPAT issued uniforms.

According to his size measurements, he should be wearing something like 7938 (shirt size) and 7930 (pants size).
My question is : does size 79## exist in CADPAT issued uniforms ?

I don't think so, but I strongly believe you may know better and be able to tell me if this size is available or not.
I know there is 67## (short), 70## (regular), 73## (Long) and 76## (Xtra Long, I guess), but I have never seen anything like 79## (XX Long ?).

Ahem... Errr, I forgot to specify one small detail : we're from France. Our most usual way to purchase issued stuff would be, ahem... Ebay.

Thank you in advance for any reply and for any informations you may provide.
MSZ-006C1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2010, 21:15   #17
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSZ-006C1 View Post
Hi guys,
I'm a newcomer here and not even from Canada (it's complicate).

I need some advice for a friend of mine who's really tall. He's 6"5, and quite skinny, so I thought this would be an appropriate thread.

My friend is actually playing with a danish camo. He would like to add CADPAT to his wardrobe, but he is facing an issue.
He believes he won't be able to find anything his size in CADPAT issued uniforms.

According to his size measurements, he should be wearing something like 7938 (shirt size) and 7930 (pants size).
My question is : does size 79## exist in CADPAT issued uniforms ?

I don't think so, but I strongly believe you may know better and be able to tell me if this size is available or not.
I know there is 67## (short), 70## (regular), 73## (Long) and 76## (Xtra Long, I guess), but I have never seen anything like 79## (XX Long ?).

Ahem... Errr, I forgot to specify one small detail : we're from France. Our most usual way to purchase issued stuff would be, ahem... Ebay.

Thank you in advance for any reply and for any informations you may provide.
Um...well with regards to sizing, you're buddy is shorter then me, and I'm issued 76xx kit (trousers 7634, shirt 7636, jackets 7644), and I've used the old CADPAT and the new, no difference. You're friend should be going for similar 76xx sizes OR if those end up being long, 73xx.

That's all assuming you have the CF sizings for the combats, if you go for 'BDU' sizing, it's just Medium-Long.

Oh yeah, 79xx doesn't exist for CADPAT.

Last edited by Lerch; June 7th, 2010 at 21:17..
Lerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2010, 22:04   #18
MSZ-006C1

Okay, thank you very much for your quick reply. You're perfectly right.
I was pretty sure 79xx would not exist, thanks for confirming.
As for his measurements, he's 200cm tall (6"5 if my conversion is right), chest is 94cm (37"), waist is 76cm (30"). I was unsure how tall 76xx would be (I mean what would be the upper limit ?) but thanks to you, I have positive confirmation that this would fit him.
Thank you very much.
Old June 7th, 2010, 23:02   #19
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

I'm sure that if there was someone taller then me in the Forces, and they couldn't fit in 76xx, then they'd surely special order combats for them.

That said, I haven't met anybody taller then me yet. I'm 6'7" btw, always marker...
Old June 7th, 2010, 23:25   #20
Rooster
a.k.a. flamethis

Haha, fun tryin to not be the biggest target on the field eh Lerch! I'm 6'6 and have a tough time finding gear to fit me. Pants are too short, jackets are huge around the chest to get the arm length.. My local surplus has no 76xx sizes. Where do you find yours?
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2010, 23:46   #21
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

I use plates. Fills out the carrier and makes everything snug and cozy.
If you were trying to insert a magazine into another magazine then I guess that would be indeed ghey. Inserting a magazine in a magwell seems rather hetero to me. The tape is merely metro, calling it ghey is rather absurd and makes it hard for the metro magazines to socialize with other magazines.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2010, 02:17   #22
El Cactus Loco

im 6' 3" and 150 lbs, and the Eagle plage carrier+ cummerbund combo tightens juuuuust enough to fit nicely. i havent even added fake plates yet, dunno if that will help... or if i even want them
El Cactus Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2010, 09:02   #23
MSZ-006C1

@Lerch (or anyone else) : may I ask you one more thing ? How long is the leg inseam of a 76xx pants ?
Old June 8th, 2010, 15:45   #24
Spawn28
I am manly hear me squeek

Send a message via MSN to Spawn28
So will a medium Size vest fit a Guy 6'2 and 140lbs? This is what im looking at? And sorry for the thread jack;

http://www.voodootactical.net/p-189-...olle-vest.aspx

Thanks
Old June 8th, 2010, 17:36   #25
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
Haha, fun tryin to not be the biggest target on the field eh Lerch! I'm 6'6 and have a tough time finding gear to fit me. Pants are too short, jackets are huge around the chest to get the arm length.. My local surplus has no 76xx sizes. Where do you find yours?
I get mine issued

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSZ-006C1 View Post
@Lerch (or anyone else) : may I ask you one more thing ? How long is the leg inseam of a 76xx pants ?
34"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn28 View Post
So will a medium Size vest fit a Guy 6'2 and 140lbs? This is what im looking at? And sorry for the thread jack;

http://www.voodootactical.net/p-189-...olle-vest.aspx

Thanks
You should be able to, just depends on how much the shoulders can be adjusted. Most vests are designed for people 5'8" to 6'.
Old June 8th, 2010, 18:16   #26
Spawn28
I am manly hear me squeek

Send a message via MSN to Spawn28
Thanks Lerch

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion