Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ASG AUG A3 XS Commando

:

Reviews

Old July 29th, 2017, 23:22   #1
Sandman2749

ASG AUG A3 XS Commando

First of all, this thing is a beast. Very solidly built gun. The body is a nice quality polymer but everything else is heavy metal. Even the included vertical grip is heavy and solid.

Dissembly - lock the bolt back and push one toggle and the entire barrel assembly comes out. Push one body pin and the whole front end slides off. Rubber pad and 2 screws and the gearbox slides out. Quick change spring too.

Mags - the midcaps have an issue with the sliding bb retainer not fully releasing bbs but the hicap feeds great.

Performance - came shooting around 410 fps. Two stage trigger - not great. Neither semi not full seem to engage 100%. Trigger pull feels "chunky". Stock motor isn't anything to write home about.

Upgrades - I semi locked mine and swapped in an shs high torque and 16:1 gears. Now she's a completely different animal. Trigger is crisp and snappy.

Overall - 7/10. In stock form on a 7.4 lipo I'd rather have an mp5. With the semi lock and better motor - so far she's a 8.5 or 9 out of 10.
Sandman2749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2017, 17:30   #2
Cabanacat

I purchased an ASG AUG A3 MP. Wondering how I would go about applying the semi-lock as you described?
Cabanacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2017, 17:39   #3
Sandman2749

If you remove the selector plate from the side of the gearbox, both semi and full will fire as semi only.
Old December 1st, 2017, 21:37   #4
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman2749 View Post
If you remove the selector plate from the side of the gearbox, both semi and full will fire as semi only.
Wait what?

First of all, there is NO selector plate on an AUG.
And if there was one, the gun would the ONLY FIRE AUTO, regardless of the fire modes or safety.

To remove full-auto from an AUG, take out the mechbox and remove the contact on the trigger lever (front/lower part of the mechbox). Don't forget to reinstall the plastic support after you removed only the metal piece from it.

Also the issues you attributed to the two-stage trigger are in fact caused by "It's a cheap gun, made by a really cheap China factory, then branded ASG".
Replacing the motor and possibly redo the wires and check the trigger contacts position (both internal and external contacts) would probably have solved all the inconsistencies.

Last edited by Kos-Mos; December 1st, 2017 at 21:39..
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2017, 19:03   #5
Sandman2749

My bad. Was thinking of the AK v3 gearbox. (which does shoot semi only when the selector plate is removed.

For the AUG, you can remove the secondary contact plate on the trigger block. The old neurons are a little slow these days.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews