Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Username change

:

Newbie Tank

Closed Thread

Old March 17th, 2014, 23:48   #16
Danke

I got some names if you guys can't figure out what your new ones should be.

Some good, some appropriate.
Old March 17th, 2014, 23:50   #17
Xhausted

Never understood why a username meant so much... just create some art and let it be in there.

Although mine matches my art, my name could be anything... GET CREATIVE!
Old March 18th, 2014, 08:48   #18
Derpystronk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhausted View Post
Never understood why a username meant so much...
Some people feel like they need to keep their username hip, cool and relevant to how their life changes. In the last few years I'd be 100% changing for changing my username to something else (I have a few "cooler" ideas in mind) but I figured it'd be best to keep it.

The whole "not changing names thing" serves two purposes here, I imagine

1) Your forum handle in the ASC Community is useless, and it's the name you make for yourself that really matters.

2) Sometimes people throw hilarious / childish tantrums over something as superficial as a name change - it serves as a warning beacon to the community to keep an eye on this guy.

One thing I like about ASC, with your static names and Age Verification (preventing multiple accounts) is it gives accountability to people. The more Anonymous someone is the less consequences they perceive from their actions; which is something that is not cool when peoples safety is always on the line.

Oh and people bugged the Admins all the time. That is probably the only reason that matters :P
Old March 18th, 2014, 09:56   #19
Xhausted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltastone View Post
Some people feel like they need to keep their username hip, cool and relevant to how their life changes. In the last few years I'd be 100% changing for changing my username to something else (I have a few "cooler" ideas in mind) but I figured it'd be best to keep it.

The whole "not changing names thing" serves two purposes here, I imagine

1) Your forum handle in the ASC Community is useless, and it's the name you make for yourself that really matters.

2) Sometimes people throw hilarious / childish tantrums over something as superficial as a name change - it serves as a warning beacon to the community to keep an eye on this guy.

One thing I like about ASC, with your static names and Age Verification (preventing multiple accounts) is it gives accountability to people. The more Anonymous someone is the less consequences they perceive from their actions; which is something that is not cool when peoples safety is always on the line.

Oh and people bugged the Admins all the time. That is probably the only reason that matters :P
Wow! Thanks for such a details response. I can safely say I know why people have issues with usernames. I never even thought about the safety factor you brought up. That makes complete sense. Someone can totally ruin a name and then do a "quick" switch and unless someone pays attention, can run rampant again!
Old March 18th, 2014, 10:09   #20
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

people tend to call me lurking rather than knight... which is weird because it's an adjective portion of the name not the noun... but meh. There's a long story how it went from the original to the way it is now.. and there some irony behind it... but meh.

I've previously thought about changing it back to what I originally used on other forums, but at this point, meh.

I go to games, I shoot people, I get shot.

The name doesn't do much to dissuade those actions.
Old March 18th, 2014, 12:22   #21
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

I made up my name on a whim, I use the callsign pus or puss for games so I'd change it to pus for the forums if I could
Old March 18th, 2014, 12:26   #22
K3vX

I chose my name far far back in time, and I'm too lazy to change it, even if it's terrible.

Maybe one day..
Old March 18th, 2014, 13:02   #23
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

I think creature's name should be changed to "lazy susan" or "negative nancy"
Old March 18th, 2014, 13:11   #24
hattrick
NAAZ's #1 fan!

Send a message via MSN to hattrick
I'm surprised I haven't got a clever user title for my asshead of an attitude over the years...Though that may explain the bi-monthly bans..

maybe not from this .. and probably not today... but I assure you, you will die
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank