Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Which has the better gearbox?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 9th, 2017, 00:16   #1
kaotiskt

Which has the better gearbox?

I have a G&G CM16 that I've customized, and upgraded. Has a m120 spring, barrel, etc. Stock hop up with greet rubber.

Second is a King Arms M4A1 Colt tm, all stock.

Which gearbox would be the better gearbox to upgrade?
Old April 9th, 2017, 03:59   #2
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

technically the KA gearbox is stronger, but if you were to put faster gears in it, you would need to dremel a chunk out of it. The KA gearboxes have a useless piece of reinforcement in it that limit the size of a portion of the spur gear. That same piece of useless casting also doesn't allow for a 3034 mosfet to be installed in side the gearbox which allows full use of the buffer tube for other things.

The G&G shell is weaker but that's about the only flaw in the g&g.

They are similar manufacturing tolerance, though I think I may give the tiniest of edge to g&g for the ability to take just about any aftermarket part and still work fine. I remember having issues with KA guns but not many. Since prices dropped significantly a few years back, KA was priced at a point where it made no sense if you wanted a metal gun you go with vfc. If you want to save money you go with an entry level gun like the g&g CM. Most guns caught between those price ranges made less sense. You either go really cheap, or for a bit more money over the mid priced guns you go really nice, so I have little input on recent guns from KA.

Internally you might get a couple nicer bits in the KA like a bearing spring guide so you don't have to spend a few more bucks upgrading those bits. I can't recall if KA had it or not though. the CM for sure has a standard metal non bearing guide, and no bearing on the piston.

Externally the KA gun would be better as it's metal if you care about such things.
Old April 9th, 2017, 10:25   #3
kaotiskt

Wow, that's a good chunk of info. Yeah the King Arms is a metal, fully traded receiver, got the whole gun, with battery, high cap(yay..) and box for 100. Just wasn't sure which I should use as my primary.

If they are simular, than I won't bother ripping apart both guns. I like the style of the stock M4A1, so I'll leave it be and just keep messing around with the g&g.

Thanks for your input!

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion