My phone call with customs

:

Newbie Tank

Closed Thread

Old February 6th, 2013, 17:50   #1
MatthewRyan

My phone call with customs

Hello everyone

So basically I've been having a lot of trouble finding a replacement px4 slide release , the only solution I have is a We Px4 Full Frame assembly with magazine for the same price.. Reading on ASC I read that importing frames is illegal. So I decided to call Canadian Customs and ask myself .

I told him that I play airsoft (he know what it was)and that the slide release I was currently looking for is out of stock every where and mentioned to him the Frame , I told even I could care less about the frame but the parts with it, because my marui is clear

This was the firearms section

He told me that it would not be a problem, I asked him if hey would let it pass and he said yes , He mentioned that if you want to import guns they need to be over 370 something FPS .. but besides that he said the Frame was ok, he also added to put in a airsoft related box

Regardless I am going to call customs for another opinion and see what they say

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=36484

Your thoughts airsoft community

Thank you

I also asked him if you checked out the package would you personally let it pass and he said yes so

Last edited by MatthewRyan; February 6th, 2013 at 18:05..
Old February 6th, 2013, 17:56   #2
Doombringer

For your own sake, please don't order from evike. They have a terrible terrible reputation in Canada.

You've been warned.
Old February 6th, 2013, 17:57   #3
JDoorn

Care to post the phone number?
Old February 6th, 2013, 17:57   #4
MatthewRyan

In what way? I'm just using that for a reference
Old February 6th, 2013, 18:04   #5
coach
aka coachster

unless you have it in writing and signed, what the customs agent told you over the phone is useless. even if you get it confirmed with another one, I wouldn't hold your breath.
Old February 6th, 2013, 18:10   #6
MatthewRyan

Except for replica frames and receivers, most parts intended for replica firearms will generally be admissible, subject to other customs requirements such as payment of duties and taxes. However, border services officer must be vigilant that the parts in question are not interchangeable with real firearms or are not prohibited devices in their own right. For example: border services officer must ensure that the magazines that come with replicas are not real magazines that can be used in firearms and be able to store real ammunition.
Old February 6th, 2013, 18:10   #7
Towe1ey

Who's to say that the person you talked to on the phone and the guy who actually receives your frame in customs see it the same way. Honestly, I wouldn't try it, specifically for the headache I might have to endure...
Old February 6th, 2013, 18:18   #8
MatthewRyan

Well I hope everyone is thinking clearly as him , I am going to speak to other officier and maybe a manager for the final word .. laws do change . I will post what they say tomorrow
Old February 6th, 2013, 18:21   #9
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

without it being a complete gun they wont be able to "test" it anr as such it may get seized there are also alot of other factors involved in the determination of "firearm" "replica" "restricted" and "unrestricted" if i wer you id go to the cbsa website and look up the legislation read it and try to understand it befor you try to import anything especially frames lower recivers or full guns.
after you have a good understanding of tue definitions of things then i would email them not call and get everything in writing then once you get the "ok" from a seinor member of cbsa not some phone jockey make sure you get them to fax or mail you a letter with their signature and id number on an official cbsa letterhead then order your product.
from someplace thats not evike lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old February 6th, 2013, 18:24   #10
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewRyan View Post
Well I hope everyone is thinking clearly as him , I am going to speak to other officier and maybe a manager for the final word .. laws do change . I will post what they say tomorrow

the laws havent changed recently, the mandate that was passed has recently been added to the legislation so there is no longer a seperate document pertaining to airsoft its just all bundled together now with the firearm regulations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old February 6th, 2013, 18:28   #11
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewRyan View Post
AFAIK the laws haven't change since C68.
You're more than welcome to import it yourself, if you got caught best thing is it is seized, worse thing: They say it a firearm receiver (even if it fails in court, think of the legal cost)
Old February 6th, 2013, 18:32   #12
Drake
E-01

MatthewRyan, strongly suggest you heed advice from people with more knowledge/experience in the matter; if you plan on just doing whatever you want anyway, then stop wasting everyone's time.

The pistol does not shoot over 370, so you won't be able to import it.

The receiver won't pass by itself.

The receiver won't pass as a replacement for the pistol because the pistol isn't admissible in the first place.

Ultimately you can always talk to Evike (strongly suggest against doing business with them) or whatever other shop, to get something like that lower and have them pre-strip all the parts off the receiver and send those alone.
Old February 6th, 2013, 18:47   #13
apilar

I am currently having a stripped down pistol sent to me. No slide, no frame, just a bunch of parts.
This is not with Evike, but im sure they would do it for you.
And they may also charge you a fee for disassembly.
Old February 6th, 2013, 19:12   #14
Danke

Step one. Put Detonator slide release on watch lists at all the airsoft stores that stock it.

Step two. Buy another PX4 and either take the release out or use the pistol as is.

Step three. When the part comes back into stock order it and repair the first pistol.

Step four. After the repair sell the spare pistol or keep it so you have a backup and another magazine.
Old February 6th, 2013, 19:17   #15
MatthewRyan

From what I got was bringing it over via the bridge would be fine said all the Employees said . For it having to go through the mail - Different guy said that they might hold on to the receiver and verify that a airsoft pistol slide fits it
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank